2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Autospring leveling kit before and after

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 02:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autospring leveling kit before and after

I thought I would share a few photos of my 2012 fx4, I got it last month and have put Duratrac tires and a Autospring 2'' leveling kit on it. I installed the leveling kit by myself in my garage. I did not unbolt the lower control arm like it says to in the instructions. Instead I used a strut spring compressor tool that I borrowed for free from Canadian Tire, I was able to reinstall the strut and spacer with the spring compressors attached and removed them once they were in. I also used a small bottle jack between the lower control arm and the frame, a small amount of prying was also needed to get the bottom of the strut into place.

Here is a photo shortly after I brought the truck home. Totally stock.

This is with 285/60/20 Goodyear Duratracs

This is with the duratracs and a 2'' front only leveling kit.

Old 09-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Perhaps is camera angle, or optical illusion, but it looks slightly nose high.... Have you measured from the ground to the center of the wheel arch with the front wheels straight?

Old 09-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
Perhaps is camera angle, or optical illusion, but it looks slightly nose high.... Have you measured from the ground to the center of the wheel arch with the front wheels straight?
Yes I have, I got different measurements at several "flat" areas, I think the nose is about 1/4 of an inch higher. Right now I can easily live with that, maybe in the future I will raise the back 1/2 an inch. Maybe it looks like more in the photo because of my slanted driveway?

Old 09-16-2014, 07:32 AM
I fixed the issue on my truck with a 2" rear block from a stock 2007 4x4.
Or you can buy one form F150Lifts.com...they sell a 2" & 2.25" I think.

In my opinion the truck looks best with about an inch difference front to back. (higher in the rear)

Old 09-16-2014, 01:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I levelled mine with 5100 Bilsteins, my front sat 3/8 high. To correct it I replaced the stock rear blocks with some 2" that I built at work one day.

Cut some round rod the right diameter, Cut up some square stock and ground it down to the height I wanted, drilled holes straight through for the diff pins to sit on, and larger holes part way through, dropped in the round rod and welded from the back side. A little paint and they ware good to go.

Buying them would have been easier, buy I had the time and resources.

Old 09-18-2014, 03:58 AM
Originally Posted by canadianelbow
When I levelled mine with 5100 Bilsteins, my front sat 3/8 high. To correct it I replaced the stock rear blocks with some 2" that I built at work one day.

Cut some round rod the right diameter, Cut up some square stock and ground it down to the height I wanted, drilled holes straight through for the diff pins to sit on, and larger holes part way through, dropped in the round rod and welded from the back side. A little paint and they ware good to go.

Buying them would have been easier, buy I had the time and resources.
Really nice work, I'll look into getting 2'' blocks, thanks guys.

Old 09-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Look's great with the leveling kit and the tires.

Old 09-21-2014, 07:15 AM
That's a sharp looking truck! That 2" level made a lot of difference in the look.

Quick Reply: Autospring leveling kit before and after