2009 - 2014 F-150

Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned

Old 09-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned

I got involved with Ford Customer Service when they "Reached Out To Me" over my truck's catalytic converter issues. From there, they became involved in my A/C issue as well.

First, they sound gung-ho to help and they contact the dealer. That pisses off the dealer. At a certain point, your case gets escalated to a customer service manager. The CSM calls and offers the world. In my case, she contacted a different dealer that was supposed to make things right (and did not even do what had been arranged).

When I voiced my dissatisfaction, other than taking my truck to another dealer, there was nothing further that she could do for me. The truck had already been in five times to three different dealers.

At that point, I got really ticked off and asked to speak to the CDM's supervisor. I was supposed to receive a call back within 48 hours. It did not come. After posting that fact on the forum, and about six hours past her deadline, I received the call back.

The supervisor said that I could take my truck to another dealer. I explained that was a waste of time unless someone at Ford told them to look past the obvious and search for the problem. She said that she had no contact numbers at Ford. I asked to speak with someone at Ford engineering and, again, she had no contact numbers. Then I asked to speak to her supervisor at Ford. She said that she did not have a supervisor at Ford. Without going through my notes, she said that Ford empowered her to handle their customer service issues. The end result of that conversation was that I had wasted weeks jumping through hoops and my case was closed. I gave her my two word response and hung up.

Well, not being totally stupid, I finally realized that when one is dealing with Ford Customer Service, they are dealing with call centres. These call centres have absolutely no power over the dealers. In my case they only helped to **** off a dealer.

So whether you are in Canada or the USA, when you are dealing with Ford customer service, you are dealing with a call centre in either Michigan or Florida. You are also dealing with people with no technical expertise. All these people do is regurgitate things from their list of canned comments, build your hopes and waste your time.

Many of you have seen Ford Customer Service "Reach Out" publicly to offer their help. On my A/C post, they started going through the back door and contact members/owners through PM.

I'm not the only one being put through this useless step in Ford customer service.

Take Care

Green Gem

Old 09-02-2014, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ford Customer Service-What I have Learned