2009 - 2014 F-150

How to tell version ?

Old 08-20-2014, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to tell version ?

I just bought an 2014 F150 Lariat Screw with My Ford Touch and Synch along with Nav, how do I tell what version and dates my maps are from the factory ?

Thanks

Old 08-20-2014, 06:20 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The my ford touch version is 3.62, there hasn't been any update to the software since last year. Since you have 3.62, your nav maps are version A4. Whenever ford does a major update to the MFT, they also update the nav maps, the older version of the maps will not work with the new software. A4 has been out since version 3.51, the jump from 351 to 362 was minor so they saw no need to update the maps.

Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM
So there is no option to purchase updated maps on their own ? If I read correctly the maps that come with the truck are already are almost two years old is that correct ? I can't check mine as I don't take delivery of the truck for 2 more days. I thought I read you can purchase updated maps for around $150 that go on SD card in the sync slot of updated on the internal HD ?

Old 08-20-2014, 10:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You can purchase updated maps, but I don't know if they will be any more up to date than what you got in the truck.

Look at it like this, every time microsoft comes out with a new OS, you have to buy updated versions of your favorite software. Even tho it runs fine on your old computer, it doesn't work on the new one that is running the new OS. The MFT software is the OS and the nav maps are a program or app that run on the MFT unit. Version 3.62 is the latest MFT os available and it is a year old now, and the nav maps you need to run on 3.62 is the A4, whether or not you can get newer map data than what I have I dunno. A little back ground, my truck was built April 8, 2013 and was purchased on Nov 26, 2013. The truck was built with version 3.51 and was updated to 3.62 by the dealer before purchase. I know this because on Syncmyride.com had my truck listed as having 3.51 and the dealer never reported back to them they updated it (they never do) On the SMR site you can down load a version checker to find out what version of software you have, you just have to log back in and upload the results. You can also download a newer version of MFT if they ever come out with one.

As for the maps data, I know of no way to tell if the actual maps info is newer or not? After you get you truck, ask Ford customer service in the Sync sub forum here on this site they might be of more help than I. Let us know what you find out.

Old 08-21-2014, 10:29 AM
just pop the SD card out- in the center console. should have a big A4 on it. I purchased my 2013 around October of 2012, they shipped me a new SD card about a month after. I updated sync, and then also inserted new SD card. all is well. I was going to order a truck, however they found one and it had nav. and it didn't really 'cost' me anything based on the price they gave me. I wish I could just have my cell display on the screen and have the touch from that screen transfer over via Btooth to basically just use my phone on the bigger screen in the truck. makes sense to me.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:30 PM
Ford Customer Service
Originally Posted by Bigmoss
So there is no option to purchase updated maps on their own ? If I read correctly the maps that come with the truck are already are almost two years old is that correct ? I can't check mine as I don't take delivery of the truck for 2 more days. I thought I read you can purchase updated maps for around $150 that go on SD card in the sync slot of updated on the internal HD ?
Hi Bigmoss,

When an update becomes available for your MyFord Touch system, you'll be notified at: www.Support.Ford.com after logging in.

As far as map updates go, these are handled by our software partner, HERE (formerly NavTeq). You can always go to their website: www.Navigation.com and enter in your vehicle information. The website will let you know when an update is available. If you have a question about an update, you can contact HERE at: 888-628-6277.

Kim

Old 08-27-2014, 09:19 PM
Just figured I would update this thread I finally picked up my truck tonight and the SD card was there and has an A5 on it so I will try the GPS tomorrow and see who much it shows.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How to tell version ?