Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

2012 FX4 - Service Advancetrac

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2015, 09:14 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot352
Well, the truck went in yesterday. The good news is they are repairing it under warranty. The bad news is they needed to order the part (complete column). They also needed approval from Ford and needed to order some sort of tool to do the job. At least this is what they are telling me.

At first he told me the turn signal unit was bad. I told him of my research on the failure and he went back to work more. He came back about 1/2 hour later and told me after looking at the fault codes, the complete column had to be replaced.

I Don't have my truck back but they are treating me quite well and I have no complaints about the service (yet). lol
Thanks for the update, pilot352! Did the dealer give you an ETA for the part/tool? If you'd like me to escalate this to your regional customer service manager, just send over a PM with your details. All I'll need is your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 07-08-2015, 09:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They said it should be today or tomorrow. They gave me a loaner car for 5 days. At this point, I'm going to go through the process. If problems arise, you'll be the first to know ;o).

Last edited by pilot352; 07-08-2015 at 09:43 AM. Reason: typo-O
Old 07-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by pilot352
They said it should be today or tomorrow. They gave me a loaner car for 5 days. At this point, I'm going to go through the process. If problems arise, you'll be the first to know ;o).
Sounds good, pilot352! It sounds like you're in excellent hands, but I'm always a few mouse clicks away if you need me.

Crystal

Old 07-09-2015, 11:22 AM
I got my truck back and all is well. They fixed it at no charge. However, they did a poor job of aligning the front-end. Driving straight with no hands on the wheel and my steering wheel is about 4 degrees to the right. I straighten it to center and my truck turns left. I called them and he said to bring it in for an alignment. We'll see if they charge me for the alignment. It was straight as an arrow before the repair.

Update: They did the re-alignment for free and apologized for the poor job. The guy said that it wasn't normal for them to do an alignment and not check the steering wheel position. It slipped through the cracks. All is good... Back on the road again.

Last edited by pilot352; 07-12-2015 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Status Update
Old 07-23-2015, 04:40 PM
AdvanceTrac

The thread started back in Dec 2014. I'm having the same issues. Any updates on the repairs made since then?

Old 07-24-2015, 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by oswego50
The thread started back in Dec 2014. I'm having the same issues. Any updates on the repairs made since then?
Welcome to the forum, oswego50! Tell me more about the issues you're experiencing; I'll do what I can to help. What's your truck's model year and mileage?

Crystal

Old 07-24-2015, 09:11 AM
Advancetrac

2012 F150 Lariat. 56k miles. Bought used two days ago. Advancetrac warning light comes on and turn signals won't work properly.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by oswego50
2012 F150 Lariat. 56k miles. Bought used two days ago. Advancetrac warning light comes on and turn signals won't work properly.
Hi oswego50,

I'd recommend making an appointment at your local Ford Dealership so they can take a look. If you need help finding a dealer near you, just enter your ZIP code here: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate Once they've checked things out, I'll be able to investigate ways to help.

Crystal

Old 08-05-2015, 10:05 AM
Unhappy F150 Codes U 0428 and C1B00

I have had the same issue with my 2012 F 150 it is at 37000 miles and it has been having the service advanced track light come on for a little while and the turn signals will not work. Also around this time my rear drivers door lock stopped working. I took it in they say I had the following codes U0428-20 - Invalid data received from steering angle sensor module and C1B00:62-48-PSCM- Steering angle sensor. They said new EPAS gear need s to be installed. They looked at the door lock and sais the wires are frayed and so the door harness is broken. So 1,000 miles out of warranty and 2,000 bucks in repairs? I believe this should be a recall item. I have now heard from many f-150 owners this is an issue. I have yet to fix either of these items, probably because I am a little upset about both issues. I have never had a vehicle have a problem this early in life, I am very worried.

Old 08-05-2015, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by hallw36
I have had the same issue with my 2012 F 150 it is at 37000 miles and it has been having the service advanced track light come on for a little while and the turn signals will not work. Also around this time my rear drivers door lock stopped working. I took it in they say I had the following codes U0428-20 - Invalid data received from steering angle sensor module and C1B00:62-48-PSCM- Steering angle sensor. They said new EPAS gear need s to be installed. They looked at the door lock and sais the wires are frayed and so the door harness is broken. So 1,000 miles out of warranty and 2,000 bucks in repairs?...
Welcome to the forum, hallw36! I'll have your regional customer service manager give you a call to discuss your truck's concerns. Send me a private message (PM) with your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal

Old 08-05-2015, 11:54 AM
Originally Posted by hallw36
I have had the same issue with my 2012 F 150 it is at 37000 miles and it has been having the service advanced track light come on for a little while and the turn signals will not work. Also around this time my rear drivers door lock stopped working. I took it in they say I had the following codes U0428-20 - Invalid data received from steering angle sensor module and C1B00:62-48-PSCM- Steering angle sensor. They said new EPAS gear need s to be installed. They looked at the door lock and sais the wires are frayed and so the door harness is broken. So 1,000 miles out of warranty and 2,000 bucks in repairs? I believe this should be a recall item. I have now heard from many f-150 owners this is an issue. I have yet to fix either of these items, probably because I am a little upset about both issues. I have never had a vehicle have a problem this early in life, I am very worried.
I've got a 2013 and I'm getting concerned too. I've had to take it into the dealer 5 or 6 times to get two problems corrected (the AdvanceTrac/steering sensor thing and the transmission groan/moan).....all of this before it had 10,000 miles on it! And, this was over only a 3 month period. Luckily both were warranty items for me or I would have been out $2,500+.

Its running great since the last repair and, overall, I really like it. But, I have lost a significant amount of faith and trust in it. Hopefully, henceforth all will go well. However, it wouldn't take much more of these "malfunctions" happening for me to seriously start exploring my non-Ford options.

Old 08-20-2015, 06:03 PM
I just bought my truck 4 days ago, used..and now I am having this EXACT same problem...go in reverse, make a sharp turn, Advancetrac warning comes up and signals do not work...I didn't buy the extra warranty now im SOL...what on Earth should I do.......................very very very frustrated

Old 08-21-2015, 08:54 AM
Originally Posted by Fincarp
I just bought my truck 4 days ago, used..and now I am having this EXACT same problem...go in reverse, make a sharp turn, Advancetrac warning comes up and signals do not work...I didn't buy the extra warranty now im SOL...what on Earth should I do.......................very very very frustrated
Welcome to the forum, Fincarp; congrats on the truck! I'd recommend returning to the Ford Dealership where you purchased it for diagnosis. What's your truck's model year/mileage? I'll see what I can do to help.

Crystal

Old 08-21-2015, 12:11 PM
2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost. 74794 miles. I didn't
buy it from a Ford dealership. This problem has occurred everyday since I have owned it.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by Fincarp
2011 Ford F-150 Ecoboost. 74794 miles. I didn't
buy it from a Ford dealership. This problem has occurred everyday since I have owned it.
Thanks for the fast reply, Fincarp! I recommend going ahead and making an appointment at a Ford Dealership; you can find one near you by entering your ZIP code here: http://www.ford.com/dealerships/locate Come back and let us know what you find out.

Crystal

Quick Reply: 2012 FX4 - Service Advancetrac