Old 12-14-2014, 12:49 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Take it back to the dealer.

Old 12-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by angelbobby13
Hi - I just purchased a 2014 F150 FX2 and this keep coming on every-time I start the truck. Do I have cause for concern or is this a quick fix. The truck only has 350 miles.
Welcome to the forum, angelbobby13. As I've mentioned to other folks, this is something you'll want to get in front of your dealership. If you'd like, I'll be happy to get your regional customer service manager involved; just send me a PM with your details and I'll do the rest. Be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership.

Crystal

Old 12-21-2014, 04:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
service advancetrac message

Just picked up a 2011 fx4 with 55k miles..test drive was fine..but today I got the service advancetrac message.
I got it from a dodge dealer...should i start with them..or just go to ford?

Old 12-21-2014, 05:16 PM
glc
Received 754 Likes on 700 Posts
Dodge won't know what do do with it, go to Ford. Factory powertrain warranty is 5 years/60k, applies to all owners.

Old 12-22-2014, 02:29 PM
Originally Posted by hogdaddy77
Just picked up a 2011 fx4 with 55k miles..test drive was fine..but today I got the service advancetrac message.
I got it from a dodge dealer...should i start with them..or just go to ford?
Congrats on the new rig, hogdaddy77! As glc mentioned, I'd get this into the hands of a Ford Dealership. Be sure to come back and post what you found out; I'll be here to step in and assist, if needed.

Crystal

Old 12-29-2014, 10:11 AM
The dealer I bought it from made it right. Sent me to Ford as the dealer had previously worked on the brakes before the sale. Ford replaced a brake control module...no more issues and it was pretty much hassle free. Champion Dodge in Gulfport did a nice job.
Originally Posted by FordService
Congrats on the new rig, hogdaddy77! As glc mentioned, I'd get this into the hands of a Ford Dealership. Be sure to come back and post what you found out; I'll be here to step in and assist, if needed.

Crystal

Old 12-29-2014, 01:36 PM
...Sent me to Ford as the dealer had previously worked on the brakes before the sale. Ford replaced a brake control module...no more issues and it was pretty much hassle free...
Great news, hogdaddy77! Thanks for sharing your results. Be sure to let me know if there's anything I can help with in the future.

Crystal

Old 01-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Crystal,
I am also experiencing a studder when going from a stop and when coming to a stop. It looks like there are some TSBs that relate to this. Will be taking it to the dealer this week or next...sitting at 58424 miles as of today.
Originally Posted by FordService
Great news, hogdaddy77! Thanks for sharing your results. Be sure to let me know if there's anything I can help with in the future.

Crystal

Old 01-07-2015, 11:39 AM
Crystal,
I am also experiencing a studder when going from a stop and when coming to a stop. It looks like there are some TSBs that relate to this. Will be taking it to the dealer this week or next...sitting at 58424 miles as of today.
I'm glad you're heading in to the dealership, hogdaddy77. When you get this diagnosed, come back and post your results. I'll be able to research ways to help once you've had your truck checked out.

Crystal

Old 01-07-2015, 03:35 PM
AdvanceTrac issues

Hi Crystal,

I have a 2012 FX2 with 44k miles that just started to have the same issues as everyone else (service AdvanceTrac, intermittent internal turn signal indication). I purchased the truck brand new in 2012 and I haven't had any issues up until now. Unfortunately I will not be able to take it to the dealership until Saturday. Judging by the comments of everyone in the feed this seems like an expensive issue to fix. I too would greatly appreciate some help troubleshooting this issue. I wonder why this hasn't been recalled, since it appears to be pretty common.

Old 01-07-2015, 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by Fireman2359
...Unfortunately I will not be able to take it to the dealership until Saturday...
I'm sure you'll be in good hands at your dealership on Saturday, Fireman2359. If you need help after the visit, just let me know.

Crystal

Old 05-06-2015, 11:16 AM
Greetings all... I have been having the exact same issue with my 2012 F-150 Ecoboost 4X4. 46,000 miles. Backing up or pulling forward in a parking lot and turning into a stall... The Advancetrac Service window pops up and the light comes on. The turn signals wont operate unless I do it manually. I hit the "ok" button on the steering wheel and the light stays on... I turn the truck off and let is sit... sometimes the light stays on for a bit, then goes off... It has happened about 6 times now in the last 2 weeks... I contacted the dealer and they were unaware of issues with Advancetrac and signals not working..... any ideas?

Old 05-07-2015, 10:52 AM
Originally Posted by AaronK
Greetings all... I have been having the exact same issue with my 2012 F-150 Ecoboost 4X4. 46,000 miles. Backing up or pulling forward in a parking lot and turning into a stall... The Advancetrac Service window pops up and the light comes on. The turn signals wont operate unless I do it manually. I hit the "ok" button on the steering wheel and the light stays on... I turn the truck off and let is sit... sometimes the light stays on for a bit, then goes off... It has happened about 6 times now in the last 2 weeks... I contacted the dealer and they were unaware of issues with Advancetrac and signals not working..... any ideas?
Welcome to the forum, AaronK! I'm Crystal, the Ford Service rep here. I'd recommend going ahead and making an appointment for diagnosis at your dealership. If possible, take your tech along on a test drive so you can demonstrate the circumstances you described above. If you need help after your diagnosis, just give me a shout via PM.

Crystal

Old 05-28-2015, 01:48 PM
2011 screw

Well glad I found this thread. 60764 miles and EXACTLY same issue. At 59k I renewed my extended warranty and it looks like it will pay for itself with this one instance. So using my Oklahoma education I would deem this to be a systemic issue. What say you Ford Mo Co?

Old 05-29-2015, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by stildoggy
Well glad I found this thread. 60764 miles and EXACTLY same issue. At 59k I renewed my extended warranty and it looks like it will pay for itself with this one instance...
Welcome to you as well, stildoggy! Just to clarify, have you had your truck in to the dealer for diagnosis yet? Let me know so I can see how to best assist.

Crystal

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 FX4 - Service Advancetrac