2009 - 2014 F-150

2012 FX4 - Service Advancetrac

Old 02-23-2017, 06:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Advance Trac Warranty

I am yet another saddened Ford owner of a 2012 F150 FX4 with the Service Advance Trac warning message. My 2012 only has 28035 miles and has always been well maintained.

Of the individuals that have had this repaired under Ford Warranty did it fall under the 3 year bumper to bumper coverage, or was it covered under the 5 year power train warranty?

I bought my vehicle new in November 2012 so I am still within the 5 year warranty. Please someone tell me what I want to hear.

For what is worth, my OBD codes are C1963 and U0428.

Old 04-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Advance track warning light and no blinkers

My truck started doing this about 10k miles ago. Only once and a while. Truck now has about 75k on it. So I'm out of warranty. But with this being such a common problem. And a very expensive one is ford doing a recall or anything on this?

Old 04-19-2017, 06:40 AM
So this pretty much sounds like it is our problem to deal with. my truck is doing the exact same thing, along with the driver side front turn signal not working... just the signal light though, parking works fine. verified it with a meter, it is not getting correct voltage (tested off working passenger light). Any chance this could be a ground issue? i have aftermarket light bars on the truck and i had a wiring issue with those, ended up fixing issue by wiggling wires near the steering column, figured something is not good, but decided not to fight the problem for now as they are all back working... But the truck now and again does the "service advancetrac" bs, and i am required to hold the signal. Usually i turn off advancetrac by holding down the button on the console next to hazard light button for about 5 seconds when i jump in and will not have the issue come up. So does anyone know of a way to permanently disable this crap? i doubt this will solve my driver side front turn signal problem, which is why i can't help but wonder if there is some kind of wiring issue going on.

any thoughts?

ford, WTF???

Old 05-24-2017, 01:01 AM
2013 Lariat with Service Advancetrac and Check Engine Light

Bought the truck used about a week ago. Everything fine until today. Upon startup, get Hill Descent Control Fault and Service Advancetrac. Turn the engine off, restart, get Hill Descent, Service Acvancetrac and Check Engine light now.

Made appoint online with local Ford dealer. Based on what I'm reading, looks like I might be in for some twists and turns to get this fixed. Will update once I have more information.

Old 06-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Crystal are you still available?

Crystal,

Having similar issues as previous comments. Do you have some steps I could follow to do anything pre- to maybe fix the problem??

Old 06-12-2017, 11:13 AM
Ford this is bs!!!!!

I can't believe ford is not recalling this issue on my 2013.... I thought I was going to be driving a ford for the rest of my life. Looks like it is time to give the NEW CHEVYS a try. The best part is my company buys nothing but ford trucks and we will be switching after this issues that is clearly a defect of Ford's mechanical ability. Nothing upsets me more when someone will use a faulty product then not raise their hand when the problems arise and say hey I made a mistake.

Thanks for nothing......

Old 06-24-2017, 10:41 AM
My f-150 advancetrac safty issue

I have read this entire thread and cannot understand why this is not a recall. My 2012 STX with 57k is just starting to show this same issue. Advancetrac service light with no turn signal; however, I'm finding through other sources besides this Ford forum that the electronic steering gos as well!!!!!! Not to mention the advancetrac system is an intelligent safety system working with steering, breaking in order to help in the event of an emergency!!!! This is clearly a safety issue that should go through recall. The only thing stopping this from being recalled is someone dead in a crash from this malfunction At this point I don't know what to do I'm so upset with this. I WILL NOT pay a penny to have a problem, Ford now knows clearly is an issue, repaired. Does anyone have some sort of direction they took this? It seems this Crystal lady intercepted everyone before it could get out of hand and they disappear like in the movies!! Any response would be great. I would love to hear up a nationwide offensive to get this thing recalled. The fact that anyone had to pay a dime to fix this is trash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-24-2017, 12:35 PM
response?????

Originally Posted by Kade
I can't believe ford is not recalling this issue on my 2013.... I thought I was going to be driving a ford for the rest of my life. Looks like it is time to give the NEW CHEVYS a try. The best part is my company buys nothing but ford trucks and we will be switching after this issues that is clearly a defect of Ford's mechanical ability. Nothing upsets me more when someone will use a faulty product then not raise their hand when the problems arise and say hey I made a mistake.

Thanks for nothing......
blade did the Crystal lady make you disappear too? Why doesn't anyone follow up after they talk with her?

Old 09-27-2017, 11:36 PM
Another FX4 AdvanceTrac issue

So has Ford ever stepped on this issue? I've got a 2012 FX4 with about 63K miles. All of the sudden I'm getting the Service AdvanceTrac warning with all the same symptoms as others. If Ford hasn't decided to cover this as a product wide defect, I'd appreciate hearing from folks who have had success getting Ford to provide some assistance on this issue. Thanks.

Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM
Angry 2013 F150 No Power Steering, No Signal, No Power Running boards

Originally Posted by Colburgh
I am having similar problems. Advancetrac came on while hunting in September-turn signals also quit. It ended up going away until this evening pulling out if a parking spot it went on and turn signals failed again. Sounds like a very common issue. I have a 2011 F150 Lariat with 48k miles. Is this covered under power train warranty?
Above is the exact same scenario I've just experienced.

While out hunting, I was leaving my property in 4X4, under no stress, just utilizing 4X4 to prevent damaging roads and sliding. I turned off the advancetrac. Now I have SERVICE ADVANCETRAC & HILL DECENT CONTROL FAULT notifications are on.

Yet here is what I had to deal with on my drive home. NO POWER STEERING, NO SIGNALS, NO POWER RUNNING BOARDS. I've read the forums. It seems as if this is too common of a problem in Fords. I'm on my last leg with this brand too. The truck is a 2013 F150 Ecoboost Platinum, which I've taken excellent care of.

I do not have a resolution to this. I'm past aggravated with this, mainly because I work 70-100 hours a week, for the first time in 1 year and 10 months I actually have time off from work to hunt and now I have an F150 that I cannot operate safely to do things I want to do while I'm actually off. I'm ready to off load this truck and get into something else.

I've checked fuses. Nothing. I work in the oil field and have a surplus of tenured mechanics. After discussing with them, they say this is a dealership item....AGAIN!

Any help on this issue, I'd be extremely grateful.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:52 PM
Same issue here. 2012 with 63,000 miles. Had the error pop up one time about 9 months ago and went away the next time I started the truck. Didn't think anything of it. Got the truck back from the dealer for extended warranty replacement of the junk vacuum pump (3rd one) with the warning light on. Now the warning seems to be here for good. Dealer conveniently gave me an estimate for $1700 when I picked up the truck after the vacuum pump re

I​​​​​​I used to drive Ford, switched to Toyota for the truck before this and then decided to try the brand again. Between the crap vacuum pumps, the intercooler/heatshield issue, the Lync issues, and now this, I can say for certain I will not be buying another one.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:16 PM
Update here on my AdvanceTrac issue ... Like the others in this string, I had to have the entire steering column replaced. I finally had to bite the bullet and get it done once the power steering completely failed. I sent messages to Ford to seek assistance and support on the issue. Got nothing back. Silence. This is clearly a design default that creates a safety problem. It is unbelieveable to me that Ford has not stepped up to address this issue. This is the last Ford I will buy. I will report the issue to the NHTSA and encourage others that have experienced the same issue to do the same. https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/VehicleComplaint/

Old 11-07-2017, 06:45 AM
So Newb here looking for any help and to vent I guess.

Im also having the Service Advanctrac light come on my 2014 F150 STX 2WD, with about 56K on it and just over 3 yrs owning.

The light has been intermittent and I would like to know if anyone has experience the service message in this manner. In the last 3 weeks or so I have gotten the Service Advancetrac message on morning startup only, about once a week (and I believe the mornings were some of our cooler ones). The steering wheel feels like its completely locked up, didnt try to drive, so unsure if it would have driven under old school manual feeling. Restarting the truck cleared the message 1st 2 times and drove with no issues. Didnt know what to make of it. Last week, 3rd time light came on, also on cooler morning, a power steering "something" message flashed before settling on the same Advancetrac message. Restarting truck did not clear it that morning. I didnt drive since then, I did try a few mornings since then and the truck would start, no light and steering wheel is free.

A friend plugged in scanner, came back with a note of losing communication with steering module (or something along those lines), over the weekend I had the battery tested (came in good at 12.49), checked that battery terminals were snugged, checked fuse at battery terminal (looks Good)..... all of which friend said to check via code work through.

Has anyone had luck clearing code by checking for above, replace bad battery, clean terminals, bad fuse? I came across a youtube vid that showed replacing the battery terminal fuse/housing bracket (125a), due to bad fuse, cleared code. Something about the code being thrown due to faulty bracket/bad fuse and showing up as the Advancetrac message.

I havent been sure I wanted to drive the truck until I get this figured out. I havent gotten the code in over a week so I decided to drive it today and see if placing more mileage on truck will cause code to pop back up. I have just gotten code on start up, any concern of light/issue happening while driving at speed, has that happened to anyone and do we still have manual steering to safely steer trucks?

I called local dealer yesterday and have an appt for next week to have them check out. After reading on here and other forums its seems insane this is such a huge problem with no recall fix from Ford. Im about a month past my 3rd year but also have 56K on it, crazy that these NEW trucks are having EPAS issues with such low miles but after the 3/36 warranty.

Im expecting to hear the bad news others have gotten when I go into dealer (after their $120 to check/confirm) about needing a new rack, but hopeful that someone experiencing my exact symptoms has found another fix (Batt, Fuse box etc).

Thanks

Last edited by ndnboy; 11-07-2017 at 06:56 AM.
Old 12-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Thumbs down 2014 F150 AdvanceTrac warning

This warning has been going off consistently for the past few months. Took into mechanic and noted that it is likely the steering rack and that it is a known issue for newer model F150's over 60,000 miles. I'm at 67,000 miles now and pretty upset that I might need to dump ~$2,000 into a service. I contacted my dealership to see if they would be willing to help, but they immediately deferred to Ford corporate office. Any ideas out there? I've seen in other posts that Crystal or Ashley from Ford have been sensitive to this particular.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:57 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
I have not seen any Ford rep monitoring this forum in quite a long time.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2012 FX4 - Service Advancetrac