2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

low oil pressure light

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
low oil pressure light and a whole bunch of other issues

2011 F150 Fx4 5.0 I have been having a run of bad luck lately. First all my lug nuts got stripped by the dealer then had a 2 week battle with my driver window . now my oil pressure says its low. And my truck says I have 0 miles till E when I have 3/4 tank. So here's the story I installed my OEM brake controller. And I was nervous with the luck I have been having that it wasn't going to work when I got it flashed. I was wrong it actually works after getting flashed. But on the flip side while at the dealer like literally in the dealermy oil pressure gauge says low and the warning comes on on the dash its like just a hare off of nothing. And my miles till empty now says 0 when I have 3/4 tank. The miles till empty I can live with...... For now. But the oil pressure ..... Come on really. The oil pressure sending unit is 49 dollars and it is buried behind the alternator. My guess is that it is the sending unit. It is a 1 wire sensor which tells me its just a switch. So it either says u have it or u dont . any body have any issues with these? Or ideas what I might be missing?

Last edited by F150redFx4; 08-02-2014 at 07:08 AM.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Instrument cluster likely wasn't programmed correctly. That's what they have to program to enable the OEM brake controller.

Most likely thing that I can come up with. Damn I wish I had an IDS so I could do stuff like this myself.

Old 07-31-2014, 10:38 PM
That's what I'm thinking but the tech I talked to said it wouldn't effect the oil pressure sending unit and guage because its not part of it. Which makes me scratch my head because its part of the instrument cluster as well as the miles till E it all has to be related its gotta be

Old 08-01-2014, 07:22 AM
They had to program something wrong because now I noticed there is a bunch of stuff missing on my productivity screen in the settings menu and what not

Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Well the dealer was no help again. They plugged it in and uninstalled the brake controller nothing changed ran a self diagnostic on the truck and there is a bunch of communication codes between everything on my truck between instrument cluster and the BCM and PCM. And I am at a loss and they had nothing to say except for what we did wouldn't cause this. How frustrating this is

Old 03-24-2021, 11:22 AM
same problem

Originally Posted by F150redFx4
Well the dealer was no help again. They plugged it in and uninstalled the brake controller nothing changed ran a self diagnostic on the truck and there is a bunch of communication codes between everything on my truck between instrument cluster and the BCM and PCM. And I am at a loss and they had nothing to say except for what we did wouldn't cause this. How frustrating this is

I have a 2012 f150 5.0 and had the dealer install the controller I am not having the same problems. How did they fix yours?

Old 03-26-2021, 10:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
7 year old thread they may not be around still... what issues are you having with yours?

Old 03-28-2021, 01:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

tdtaylor2386 - I have a 2012 f150 5.0 and had the dealer install the controller I am not having the same problems. How did they fix yours?
As Arcticmynx noted ...

*HEADS-UP*
  • Thread is 7-years old.
  • F150redFx4's last log-in was 7-years ago.
  • Most bestest option would be for you to post your own tread noting your own particular issues.
Also ...

Put your complete vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

» Edit Signature «

Quick Reply: low oil pressure light