2009 - 2014 F-150

Sliding Rear Window defog contacts

Old 11-09-2015, 02:39 PM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Maverick 15
Experiencing this problem as well, no rear defrost nor mirrors...
Have you been to your dealership for diagnosis, Maverick 15? How many miles are on your truck? I'll do all I can to assist.

Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Add me to the list of failed rear defrost. Was at the dealer earlier today, and had them look at it. It's going back tomorrow to have the whole rear window replaced under warranty. I'll keep you posted.
It sounds like things are headed in the right direction, 05RedFX4; I'll look forward to reading your updates. What's the current mileage on the truck?

Crystal

Old 11-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
It sounds like things are headed in the right direction, 05RedFX4; I'll look forward to reading your updates. What's the current mileage on the truck?

Crystal
19,1xx delivery date of nov 26, 2013

Old 11-10-2015, 09:01 AM
19,1xx delivery date of nov 26, 2013
Thanks for the quick reply, 05RedFX4. If you need me to step in and help, just send over your specifics in a PM. When writing, be sure to include your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. I'll loop in your regional customer service manager (CSM) and have them give you a call.

Crystal

Old 11-10-2015, 09:32 AM

I will if needed. I've been dealing with the same dealership for 15 years now and they have always taken care of me, including the service dept.

Old 11-10-2015, 10:03 AM
I will if needed. I've been dealing with the same dealership for 15 years now and they have always taken care of me, including the service dept.
That's what I like to hear, 05RedFX4! I'm always just a PM away if you need any help.

Crystal

Old 11-10-2015, 07:21 PM

They called me around 1 pm and said my truck was done. I looked it over the best I could considering it was rainy and gloomy today, and it looked OK, did not see any globs of window sealant anywhere, especially on the leather seats. As far as I could tell they did a professional job and cleaned up after themselves. And the rear defrost works. The inside of the back glass center section looks different from the old one, my guess, ford redesigned and/or revised the window assembly to try to reduce the failure rate.

Old 11-11-2015, 11:42 AM
They called me around 1 pm and said my truck was done. I looked it over the best I could considering it was rainy and gloomy today, and it looked OK, did not see any globs of window sealant anywhere, especially on the leather seats. As far as I could tell they did a professional job and cleaned up after themselves. And the rear defrost works. The inside of the back glass center section looks different from the old one, my guess, ford redesigned and/or revised the window assembly to try to reduce the failure rate.
Excellent news, 05RedFX4! If you'd like, I'll be glad to document your feedback about your dealership's great service. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, dealer info, and any details you want me to include. I'll make sure it gets entered in our system.

Crystal

Old 11-11-2015, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New parts?

...The inside of the back glass center section looks different from the old one..
Umm, Crystal? I've been dealing with a faulty rear defroster for some time now, hesitant to have the dealer repair it (even under warranty) for fear of just getting the same part. Can you confirm there is an upgraded slider w/defrost available?

And also, now that my truck is two weeks past warranty expiration, will Ford accommodate me with a repair, at least to some degree?

Thanks,

Mark [012XLT50]

Old 11-11-2015, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by 012XLT50
...The inside of the back glass center section looks different from the old one..
Umm, Crystal? I've been dealing with a faulty rear defroster for some time now, hesitant to have the dealer repair it (even under warranty) for fear of just getting the same part. Can you confirm there is an upgraded slider w/defrost available?

And also, now that my truck is two weeks past warranty expiration, will Ford accommodate me with a repair, at least to some degree?

Thanks,

Mark [012XLT50]
Hi Mark,

I don't have access to information that would tell me if a part has been redesigned or not; the best resource for that info is the service manager at your local dealership. They'll also be able to tell you if a repair can be made under warranty. How many miles are on your truck? I'll be happy to look into ways to assist from my neck of the woods.

Crystal

Old 11-11-2015, 02:34 PM
Hi Mark,

I don't have access to information that would tell me if a part has been redesigned or not; the best resource for that info is the service manager at your local dealership. They'll also be able to tell you if a repair can be made under warranty. How many miles are on your truck? I'll be happy to look into ways to assist from my neck of the woods.

Crystal
Thanks Crystal.

The truck has about 22,000 miles and I made an appointment for next Tuesday, 11/17 for evaluation.

Old 11-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Originally Posted by 012XLT50
Thanks Crystal.

The truck has about 22,000 miles and I made an appointment for next Tuesday, 11/17 for evaluation.
Thanks for following up so quickly, Mark! Let me know what you find out on Tuesday. I'll be here to help once you receive a diagnosis.

Crystal

Old 11-13-2015, 09:03 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Add me to the list of non-working defrosters. Where are the contacts located on the glass? I still have 2k left on my extended warranty but would rather keep the $100 deductible in my pocket. Is the new glass better than the old design?

Old 11-13-2015, 08:14 PM
Have you been to your dealership for diagnosis, Maverick 15? How many miles are on your truck? I'll do all I can to assist.

Crystal
Had truck diagnosed for $130 today out of my pocket to only tell me that the dealer wants to replace the rear window due to a faulty grid which is a faulty grid from bad parts that Ford bought from Carlite. I have 51,000 miles so I am out of warranty and the dealer wants me to pay $$850 to have a new rear slider installed. How does Ford believe a person should buy a new rear window because they bought bad parts ? I couldn't imagine anyone else being told...oh your rear defrost doesn't work just after 4 years...well you need to buy a new rear window. I have a case filed with Ford customer care. This needs to be covered 100% by Ford.

Last edited by Maverick 15; 11-14-2015 at 05:52 AM.
Old 11-13-2015, 08:17 PM

Last edited by Maverick 15; 11-14-2015 at 05:55 AM.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:01 AM
My truck is going in Thursday, rear def switch works intermittently, afraid the rear window will blow out.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sliding Rear Window defog contacts