Sponsored by: DashLynx

New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 12:52 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!

Howdy, fellers and fellerettes!

Welp, ol' Dewser went 'n dunnit agin. I was planning on waiting around until the 2015s came out before I bought a new truck, but there were a few things that kept me from it.

First, the very high probability that there'd be no rebates or incentives on the NBS for quite some time, and I just wasn't gonna pay sticker price for the truck I wanted. Secondly, if for some reason I wasn't crazy about the NBS, I figgered the selection of current models would be quite skimpy by the time the new models hit. Lastly, my sales manager pal put me on a deal that I just couldn't pass up.

So without further adieu, I give you my new Meatwagon. Y'all know what it is.

Here she be!

Old 07-19-2014, 12:53 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Stupid phone WILL NOT let me paste the photobucket links in the original post!

Try this. Name:  2014-07-19%2012.25.27_zpsacnztbh8.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  120.8 KB

Name:  2014-07-19%2012.25.00_zpsrsmpmrj4.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  127.7 KB

Name:  2014-07-19%2012.27.05_zpsdnh5bali.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  74.0 KB

More/better pics to come if it'll stop raining for 5 minutes.

Old 07-19-2014, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So, geet yerself uh EcoPuke huh? You'll love it........

Old 07-19-2014, 03:23 PM
Looks great. Ecoboost is great I have a 5.0 but towed a lot with my dads ecoboost and man that thing is a beast

Old 07-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Awesome. Congrats.

Old 07-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Man dat still must be doin great wit all dem new purty truck's! Big diff wit da Ego boost too. May dat's a nice truck yeah!

Old 07-19-2014, 04:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
She's beautiful Bud! Congrats

Did you keep your old wheels and Raptor boards before letting the old truck go?

Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What a good looking truck!! About time you came to the good side

Your gonna love that Eb, Guaranteed!

www.morepowertuning.com will make you love it even more

Old 07-19-2014, 04:51 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Thankee, fellers!

I figured either aussie, Wookie, er Coy would be the first to reply considering I switched to the EB. I was right!

I'm loving it so far. Got some breaking in to do (only 7 miles on her when I got her) so I haven't stretched her legs at all yet. Nothing above 3k rpms yet, but I sure like what I see up to 3k rpms!

Turbo lag took me all of about 25 miles to get used to, and it's not nearly as big a deal as I thought it would be.

LOVE the color! It was my all-time favorite color when it came out, and it hasn't gotten old to me yet. Love it as much now as the day it first came out.

I used to think the FX4 with luxury package, etc wasn't worth the premium you pay for it, but I was wrong about that. It just is, especially if you like the monochrome look.

So far, I couldn't be happier. There was a lot of waffling on my part (as those of you who know me know I am wont to waffle ). I was dead set on the 6.2 if I traded fer a current body style, but in the end, I just couldn't justify the hit I'd take in fuel economy. Ultimately, my amazing wife is the one who offered the nudge I needed to go ahead with this truck. I think she likes it even more than I do!

Thanks again fer the compliments, fellers. I sure hope she's as dependable and fun to drive as all of my Ford trucks have been!

Last edited by DewserB; 07-19-2014 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:59 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by tg150
She's beautiful Bud! Congrats

Did you keep your old wheels and Raptor boards before letting the old truck go?
Howdy, bud! Thankee!

Actually, the sales manager pal o' mine offered me more fer my trade because of the extras. He said I could obviously keep them, but he offered more fer it "as is" because he said it "has eyes" and would sell quicker because of it.

In fact, I traded this past Thursday night, and my old truck has already sold.

No biggie fer me. I'm perfectly fine with the factory 20s and FX4 steps.

Old 07-19-2014, 05:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
Thankee, fellers!

I figured either aussie, Wookie, er Coy would be the first to reply considering I switched to the EB. I was right!

I'm loving it so far. Got some breaking in to do (only 7 miles on her when I got her) so I haven't stretched her legs at all yet. Nothing above 3k rpms yet, but I sure like what I see up to 3k rpms!

Turbo lag took me all of about 25 miles to get used to, and it's not nearly as big a deal as I thought it would be.

LOVE the color! It was my all-time favorite color when it came out, and it hasn't gotten old to me yet. Love it as much now as the when it first came out.

I used to think the FX4 with luxury package, etc wasn't worth the premium you pay for it, but I was wrong about that. It just is, especially if you like the monochrome look.

So far, I couldn't be happier. There was a lot of waffling on my part (as those of you who know me know I am wont to waffle ). I was dead set on the 6.2 if I traded fer a current body style, but in the end, I just couldn't justify the hit I'd take in fuel economy. Ultimately, my amazing wife is the one who offered the nudge I needed to go ahead with this truck. I think she likes it even more than I do!

Thanks again fer the compliments, fellers. I sure hope she's as dependable and fun to drive as all of my Ford trucks have been!

That has to be the best color out there for the F150.. I looked for one when i got mine and all they had was a FX4 and i have no need for 4wd and the price was out of my range. Cant wait to see what you do with this one. Your old truck was my favorite.

Let me know what ya think the first time you put it to the floor from a dead stop, guaranteed it will bring a smile

Old 07-19-2014, 10:34 PM
Nice truck man!! Looks like Ford had you in mind when they rolled that truck off the line.

Old 07-20-2014, 08:08 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
That has to be the best color out there for the F150.. I looked for one when i got mine and all they had was a FX4 and i have no need for 4wd and the price was out of my range. Cant wait to see what you do with this one. Your old truck was my favorite.

Let me know what ya think the first time you put it to the floor from a dead stop, guaranteed it will bring a smile
Thankee, Coy! I like this blue better than the dark blue pearl, but the dark blue pearl was very nice with all the PTM. I do miss her already.

It'll be a while before I do any "aggressive" acceleration, but ye can bet ye ayss thet jus' as soon as me fayncy mile meter thangy clicks on 1001, ah'll let 'er rip!

Originally Posted by JohnBoy88
Nice truck man!! Looks like Ford had you in mind when they rolled that truck off the line.
Thankee, John Boy! Yep, Ford has my number in general, but they plan seen me comin' when they made this'n!

Having fun checkin' out tha EgoBoost. That li'l ol' V6 is flat torquey!!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:29 PM
DewserB I sent you a PM did you get it ?

Old 07-20-2014, 10:54 PM
Outstanding, great color choice... Enjoy the ride...

Quick Reply: New truck fer tha ol' Dewser!