2009 - 2014 F-150

no fun

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no fun

i have a 2013 f150 xlt supercrewcab less than 6 months old with 2858 miles. i hade a problem with a leak on the pass side of the truck. been to the dealer this will be the third time the truck smells like mildew. ford has not been any help with the problem. they keep telling me they will fix it so far no luck. so i guess im gonna have to use the lemon law. anyone ever delt with ford or ur state lemon law. any help would be great.

thank
kyle

Old 04-13-2014, 01:28 AM
Is it a water leak ? If it is then it's the a/c water release and what it probably did was come off behind the firewall .. And it's leaking in your truck causing that smell . YouTube it and you will find a way to fix it . And if that's not it then whenever you run your a/c, before you shut the truck off turn a/c offand run cold air for 5 min

Old 04-13-2014, 01:46 AM
Kinda sounds like heater core- early stages before completely blowing out.

Bypassed mine on my old 2000 for 4 years- then sold it, full disclosure. No heater not a huge deal in Phoenix.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:37 AM
Ford Customer Service Team
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle9179
i have a 2013 f150 xlt supercrewcab less than 6 months old with 2858 miles. i hade a problem with a leak on the pass side of the truck. been to the dealer this will be the third time the truck smells like mildew. ...
Kyle,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into some options.

Ashley

Old 04-16-2014, 10:28 PM
why get you involved no one else at ford has done anything. not happy with the situation at all. i have bought three ford in the last five years but now after this im think i should look at other brands. its was a brand new truck 6 months old less than 3000 miles on it. the truck stinks and all the attempts to fix it has failed. i dont think i should suffer from fords mistakes. the truck is devalued cause it smell. im not asking for anything that i think is unreal. i would like for ford to buy back or help with trade asst. on another truck so i dont get screwed on the truck.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:05 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
why get you involved no one else at ford has done anything. not happy with the situation at all. i have bought three ford in the last five years but now after this im think i should look at other brands. its was a brand new truck 6 months old less than 3000 miles on it. the truck stinks and all the attempts to fix it has failed. I dont think i should suffer from fords mistakes. the truck is devalued cause it smell. im not asking for anything that i think is unreal. I would like for ford to buy back or help with trade asst. on another truck so I dont get screwed on the truck.
Dude I understand that you are pissed, I would be too. Ashley IS trying to help you but you want to play poor me and suck your thumb. What do you have to loose by letting her get involved?

Trust me I've fought with dealers before and it aint no fun. The last time around for me I offered to clear ALL the people from the show room if I didn't see the GM after waiting over an hour. Another time I told a GM that I would rather have a sister that was a ***** than a brother that was a car dealer, because my sister would be making an honest living!

Suck it up and give Ashley a shot at it........you have nothing to loose.

Just my $.02

Old 04-16-2014, 11:24 PM
gee thanks for ur opinion that solved all my problrms

Last edited by kyle9179; 04-16-2014 at 11:36 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Ok pal, good luck. Bye!

Old 04-16-2014, 11:39 PM
glc
Received 757 Likes on 702 Posts
Brand new members who cop attitudes don't get much help *OR* sympathy.........................

What - did you join for the express purpose of badmouthing Ford? Go away.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Yep, trouble with a new vehicle sucks but it's threads like these that remind me how much I hated dealing with the public during my 7 years as a service advisor.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:15 PM
it not attituide. i ask members if they had delt with any thing like this.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor
why get you involved no one else at ford has done anything. not happy with the situation at all. i have bought three ford in the last five years but now after this im think i should look at other brands. its was a brand new truck 6 months old less than 3000 miles on it. the truck stinks and all the attempts to fix it has failed. i dont think i should suffer from fords mistakes. the truck is devalued cause it smell. im not asking for anything that i think is unreal. i would like for ford to buy back or help with trade asst. on another truck so i dont get screwed on the truck.
Because dealerships and service departments (of any brand) are not all created equal and the Ford rep can make things happen even when the dealer has been less than helpful. All the issues you've brought up are dealer related, not Ford related.

If it's under warranty then replacing the carpet and insulation could well be part of the final fix and that's where the smell is. Nothing that has happened to your truck is irreparable by any means.

-Steve

Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
You never said where the leak is specifically, other than the passenger side? It's going to be hard to find help for a non-specific problem.

You said "ford has not been any help". Is the that dealership or Ford? Big difference in my mind. Ashley is representing Ford here and is trying to help you. You bit her head off. That kind of is textbook attitude.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Kyle,

Let me see how I can help. PM me your name, phone number, VIN, mileage, and dealer info. I'll look into some options.

Ashley
Ditto: i'v had a lot of problems with a 13 eco, as they said suck it up and pm her . I got the same answer from her ,thought the same thing. I sent her a pm,she got back and dealt with a different dealer , hopefully they solved some or all of my problems. Taking a 400 mile trip this weekend , I will know for sure then,she did help. If my stubborn *** can give in so can you.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:44 PM
sorry for the attitude not trying to dog ashley. i sent her a pm to tell her i was sorry.
the problem is with ford they keep blowing smoke. my truck has been in the shop for 21 days. the smell is embedded in the metal. ive only been told about the leak never been told a point of origin. so my question would u keep a new truck that stinks.

Quick Reply: no fun