2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FX4 Cloth Seats?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 Cloth Seats?

I am looking at getting an FX4, and initially wanted the luxury with leather. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem I find what I want locally with the luxury package. Those of you with the cloth seats, how do you like them? Are they comfortable on long hauls, and are they holding up well?

I test drove one the other day, and seemed ok for the 20min I was in the truck. I'm just looking for a longer term review.

Thanks!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My 09 has cloth and I would take them over leather anytime. Had leather on my 04 and did not like them at all. Between wear and being super hot in the summer, I would have much rather had cloth. And these were the light colored leather seats. Can't imagine what they would have been like in black. My 09 has the black cloth with no problems whatsoever. Nowhere near as hot in summer.

Old 08-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Had a 2011 fx4 with cloth seats for a little over a year. They were comfortable and seemed to hold up very well. Only problem was daughter shows with a white horse and every time she would throw her tack in back seat the horse hair actually stuck in the seat and was a bear to get out.

Not the seats fault.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:06 PM

I have that black sport cloth in my 2010. I think its great. I've never had leather in my trucks so can't really compare a whole lot. My wifes car has leather seats and I think my seats are every bit as nice. Wish I had the cooled seats living in south texas! But I've had my truck for a little over a year myself and no wear problems.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:15 PM
tweeter, if you can wait, just order the truck you want. Nothing worse than wishing or guessing what it will be or you "might" like something. These trucks are damn pricey and if you want leather, get leather. I had such a great experience ordering my truck how I wanted it, not the dealer that all my vehicles will be ordered from here on out.

Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by Chuck W.
Had a 2011 fx4 with cloth seats for a little over a year. They were comfortable and seemed to hold up very well. Only problem was daughter shows with a white horse and every time she would throw her tack in back seat the horse hair actually stuck in the seat and was a bear to get out.

Not the seats fault.
This is the main reason I was wanting leather, I have a german shephard that goes everywhere with us. In my current silverado with cloth, her hair embeds in and is a pain to get out. If not for her, I would get cloth in a heartbeat. I was hoping maybe the Ford seats were more tightly woven.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and input. Much appreciated!

Old 08-22-2012, 06:16 AM
RVJ
The Silverado has a TSB to replace the cloth interior because the material is a lint and hair magnet. Owners have complained about the material since 2007 when the material changed. It should come with a lint brush as standard equipment. The F150 material is a lot nicer. In the winter the cloth will not frost your behind when sat while cold, and in the summer the cloth is still not hot when you initially sit on it. This summer when it was 105 degrees, black cloth material and parked in the sun with windows up, it was not uncomfortable climbing in and sitting on the seats. The 2006 Silverado I had with leather seats would nearly burn me till it cooled off, almost like vinyl. I wanted a Lariat really bad but it only comes with leather so I bought an FX4 with black sport cloth instead and could not be happier.

Old 08-22-2012, 09:47 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Tweeter150
This is the main reason I was wanting leather, I have a german shephard that goes everywhere with us. In my current silverado with cloth, her hair embeds in and is a pain to get out. If not for her, I would get cloth in a heartbeat. I was hoping maybe the Ford seats were more tightly woven.

Thanks everyone for the reviews and input. Much appreciated!
I have a 2010 FX4 with black cloth seats and I have no complaints with them. And they're very comfortable. I've had leather is several other cars (BMW, Mitsubishi, etc) and it's always hot and I'm always worried about damaging them. Even sweat can damage them and that's a common problem here in Florida! They're also VERY expensive to repair. I'll take good quality cloth seats over leather any day! I've had no trouble with stuff clinging to the seats and I don't think dog hair would be a problem due to the tight weave but if I were you I would cover the seat with a blanket or seat cover that I could just take out and wash when needed. That should prevent any problems.

PS you could always rent a truck (or test drive one) with cloth seats and try it out with your dog!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Have any of the cloth seaters treated the material against stains, liquids, etc? Wondering if there is a good product out there.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Get the leather. You get heated and cooled seats with it and they work with the remote start.

Old 11-15-2012, 08:52 PM
I got cloth as my wife got leather in her new car the same year. It holds up well and feels fine. I wish I had heated seats though. In my xlt work truck the cloth is great.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by RVJ
The Silverado has a TSB to replace the cloth interior because the material is a lint and hair magnet. Owners have complained about the material since 2007 when the material changed. It should come with a lint brush as standard equipment. The F150 material is a lot nicer. In the winter the cloth will not frost your behind when sat while cold, and in the summer the cloth is still not hot when you initially sit on it. This summer when it was 105 degrees, black cloth material and parked in the sun with windows up, it was not uncomfortable climbing in and sitting on the seats. The 2006 Silverado I had with leather seats would nearly burn me till it cooled off, almost like vinyl. I wanted a Lariat really bad but it only comes with leather so I bought an FX4 with black sport cloth instead and could not be happier.
The 2013 FX4 has both heated and cooled leather. Takes care of both problems if you get remote start.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tweeter150
I am looking at getting an FX4, and initially wanted the luxury with leather. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem I find what I want locally with the luxury package. Those of you with the cloth seats, how do you like them? Are they comfortable on long hauls, and are they holding up well?

I test drove one the other day, and seemed ok for the 20min I was in the truck. I'm just looking for a longer term review.

Thanks!
If you go with cloth you can buy leather seat covers. Katzkins.com makes great leather seats and some people report the "fit" is better than stock. The colors are fully customizable and there's options to add heaters and coolers

Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I ordered my truck and got cloth in it. I didnt want all the extra stuff the Luxury pkg had. Too much extra to worry about. If its gonna tear up, it will tear up on my truck and i take extra care of my stuff. The dealer told me that they put in leather all the time for people that dont have it and it costs about $900. So you could possibly look at that if you were really wanting it. Im considering it when mine get a little wear on them. The cloth is fine and really comfortable. It all goes back to how you take care of stuff really.

Old 11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cloth -ish here

I have the FX2 and the cloth is like a neoprene webbish kinda stuff. Its super comfy.

Quick Reply: FX4 Cloth Seats?