2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

FX4 or 4X4 Lariat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FX4 gearing

I know, old thread. just wanted to update the available gearing for FX4`s. Mine came with 3.55`s.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Originally Posted by Mike Bailey
I know, old thread. just wanted to update the available gearing for FX4`s. Mine came with 3.55`s.
Mine did also.....

Old 07-05-2013, 12:44 PM
FX4's are pretty rare where I live. Even my local (huge) dealer has only one on the lot. Yesterday I checked inventories of a dozen dealers closest to me and they either didn't have the engine I preferred (5.0) or were a color I didn't care for. One dealer had more Raptors than FX4's. I guess I'd have to order one if I ever decide to buy one again. I was lucky to find mine with everything I wanted (except iPod connectivity ) on the lot when I was ready to buy.
Karl

Old 07-05-2013, 12:52 PM
You can get electronic locking 3.55, 3.73, and 4.10 in the FX4. Lariat you have 3.15, 3.31, 3.55, and 3.73 electronic lock options.

Blue Flame Metallic is not available on Lariat but it is on FX4, but you also get different interior colors with the Lariat.

Just pick what ya like!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I was in the same boat deciding between an FX4 or the lariat. I did not buy new but mine is a 2010. Ive always owned ford trucks and when it came time to buy new truck I shopped for information hard between the forums and even the Ford manf's website and I was convinced that I wanted the fx4 so I when I was at the dealerships thats all I really looked for the first time around. After not really finding the color combos I wanted with the motor combination I started looking at other models but I knew theyre were a few things that I really wanted. Which were leather (have a dog and kids so messes were easier to clean), I wanted the navigation so I had the dvd player for the little ones and I control my Iphone through the screen, and the flow through console which both models had. Finally found an FX4 in the colour I wanted (flame blue) with all those options but it had the ecoboost and I want no part in those motors. Ive had plenty of turbocharged cars in the last 10 years and when I have turbos I keep wanting more and more boost and power and makes the vehicle terribly un reliable. So I looked at a couple lariats and fell in love with The truck I bought. A 2010 lariat in Met black. I love black trucks! I love the woodgrain that everyone seems to hate aswell. I personally dont care care for the back up camera or ac/heated seats but they are a plus I guess. I personally like the outside appearance of the FX4 because of the black tails and heads and the PTM bumpers but I like the interior of the lariat. Plastidip fixes my chrome haha. One other big thing that some people dont care too much about but I do was that Im not really going to take this very expensive truck out in the mud anytime soon. Thats what I have my dirtbikes and atvs for. I also liked the 20" Lariat rims over the fx4 wheels. Im very meticulous with cleaning my vehicles and the appearance and I thought the lariat with that wheel package and the chrome just looked better and flowed nicer. Sometimes all the PTM looks cheap I think but thats just my opinion.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by ratherBstroked; 07-07-2013 at 02:40 PM. Reason: pic

Quick Reply: FX4 or 4X4 Lariat?