2009 - 2014 F-150

2010 Lariat heater problem - No heat on left side - HeLp

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 11:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ItsMeAgain
I have a service appointment for in the morning-I have a couple weeks left on my warranty so the timing is good. Sounds like driver's side is definitely an ugly "surgery" too so it will be good to have this out of the way before the warranty is over.
Warranty? You are lucky. I'd jump up and down and ask for 2 new motors. This is a common problem with these trucks and Ford knows it. They should be offering "new and improved, industrial strength, heavy duty, built Ford tough" blend door motors by now!

Old 12-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsMeAgain
I have a service appointment for in the morning-I have a couple weeks left on my warranty so the timing is good. Sounds like driver's side is definitely an ugly "surgery" too so it will be good to have this out of the way before the warranty is over.
Be very, very grateful you're not out of warranty. They pulled my front seats, console and dash out to get the blend door actuators replaced. So yes, an ugly surgery!

Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Mine is having this surgery right now. Just under 38k on the odometer. Not sure how long it was messed up - I only just noticed with the recent cold snap. Got the Ford ESP 7y/125k just for things like this.

Has anyone had other problems after this? Such as the dash not going back together properly? Rattles? Things to look for?

Old 12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No further problems

Old 12-28-2012, 12:34 PM
Mine had no further issues, they put it back together right.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by Daleford
Quote:

---The drivers side is the bottom one. Ask me how I know. . .$1200 of labour for a $100 part. Just had mine done a week ago, it was blowing full on hot air on the driver side no matter what temperature I set it at. No fun on a 6 hour drive. And yes, I'm well out of warranty at 144k km (90k miles) ---

That sounds about right ! A Ford design flaw!!!
I'm fixing to buy the FoMoCo extended warranty just for situations like this.

Don't see a new truck in my future till at least 2016.

That's OK tho, cuz the new body designs will be in production for a year before I buy new, again.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by blieb
Mine is having this surgery right now. Just under 38k on the odometer. Not sure how long it was messed up - I only just noticed with the recent cold snap. Got the Ford ESP 7y/125k just for things like this.

Has anyone had other problems after this? Such as the dash not going back together properly? Rattles? Things to look for?
Mine was in for 3 days til they ordered the right part and put it in - then the dash rattled and chirped like a jar of marbles- it was in last Thursday again and got that straight and they used the extra bolt they had left in the tray of my console

Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
Funny enough - cleaning up old emails and realized I never followed up here - Ford dealership had my truck from Wednesday to the next Friday! Over a week!

They put in a blend door and actuator, put it alllllll back together, but it didn't work!!! So they had to replace a controller also. That was a special order part, and they had to take everything apart again I believe.

So I get the truck back on a Friday night, the next day I'm out with the family and the key won't turn in the ignition!!! Had to have it towed to the dealer - ends up it was the key tumbler. Sat there Sat, Sun, got it back Monday.

So Monday, I'm there to pickup the truck and the clerk couldn't find my paperwork, so she called up the service guy and he said "blieb picked up his truck Friday". I FLIPPED OUT. A few hours earlier the same bobo called me to say it was ready.

Anyways - they did me a favor I guess - didn't have to eat a $100 deductible for the second "incident", they did it with no paperwork. That's why she couldn't find the truck. We got it all figured out.

It must be some insane coincidence that the tumbler busted, because they shouldn't have been anywhere near it.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:45 PM
The FoMoCo's brochure on their extended warranty mentions a "Heater Repair-$1,100".

Old 12-03-2013, 09:25 AM
Same problem here on my 2010 Platinum. Replaced blend door motor. Covered under ESP Premiumcare, so $100 paid. In the shop for 2 days; Service said cost would have been about $1500 since labor intensive to replace a $60 part! Bought ESP 7yr/100k for $1395 in Feb.

Old 12-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Had my blend door actuator replaced last week, on the drivers side. Thank you extended warranty!

Old 02-20-2014, 07:23 AM
f150 heater

I had the same heater issue on my 2010 f150 Lariat last fall. Took it to dealer and was quoted $900 to fix it. truck was only 21/2 years old. I argued with the service person and got no where. Called service manager and he agreed it was so close to warranty that they fixed it for $127. Should not have to go through so much work and time to get Ford to do the right thing!

Quick Reply: 2010 Lariat heater problem - No heat on left side - HeLp