2009 - 2014 F-150

Weathertech vs. Husky splash guards

Old 02-14-2012, 12:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weathertech vs. Husky splash guards

Hey guys, been reading the tons of pages on these two molded splash guards and I've committed to one or the other, but have yet to read a comparison as to coverage, which one is wider, longer etc. Has anyone actually had both on a '09 and up F150? Leaning right now toward the Weathertech as they appear to have a little cleaner look than the Husky.
I'm also wondering if anyone has put the fronts on a Platinum with the power boards and had clearance issues.My 2012 Platinum screw is in at the dealership and I need to put something on it at least before spring as I travel a fair amount of gravel, and I really hate the idea of drilling into my 50k truck to mount conventional rubber flaps(even though I know they will provide the best protection)
Thanks in advance!

Old 02-14-2012, 09:20 PM
Only had the weathertech ones and I just took them off tonight as my new truck should be arriving tomorrow. I love them, they do a great job keeping the winter crap off my running boards and do a pretty good job keeping other debris from ending up on my paint. I only had them on the front.

Old 02-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work in an accessory shop doing sales and I'm connected with the local ford dealership so I do all the trucks and usually we just use the factory molded flaps they fit awesome and are very clean looking. I will get you a part number in the morning when I get back to work.

As for running them on the front its not a issue at all if the power boards touch you can just loosen the bolts and slide them back a inch or so that they no longer rub.

Old 02-15-2012, 10:19 AM
Originally Posted by mmalcolm24
I work in an accessory shop doing sales and I'm connected with the local ford dealership so I do all the trucks and usually we just use the factory molded flaps they fit awesome and are very clean looking. I will get you a part number in the morning when I get back to work.

As for running them on the front its not a issue at all if the power boards touch you can just loosen the bolts and slide them back a inch or so that they no longer rub.
Thanks, kinda what I thought but wasn't sure.That would be great if you could get me those part#'s, truck has the factory flares...I've also purchased the Ford accessory rear wheel liners, do you know if they will still work with the molded slpash guards?

Old 02-24-2012, 01:25 AM
I keep forgetting to write down the part # but I think it is 6L3Z.16A550.BA for the trucks with factory fender lips

Old 02-24-2012, 01:30 AM
mmalcolm24, you're suggesting buying them directly from ford? What are we looking at for a price?

Old 02-24-2012, 08:31 AM
That part number looks about right. Just picked up a set yesterday. Held one up and it defiantly follows the contour nicely. Going to install them this weekend.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Lightbulb From my posting on another forum site...

I installed my Weathertech mud flaps and floor mat w/o any difficulties on my 2011 F-150 XLT SCAB (Texas Edition). So my truck does not have the flared fender wells and is called a 'Style side' design {mostly saying all this to help newbies...like myself}. My truck does have the chrome rounded side step bar...whatever you call that thing (which btw, is pretty much worthless).
--
Mud flaps {splash guards...whatever!} total delivered = $90.86 (front & back). Shipping was free on both. Since I ordered from two separate sources but at the same time, Amazon first charges shipping and then immediately gives you the credit - you'll see it immediately on the electronic invoice. On the one coming from ToysforTrucks there was a shipping charge of $6.17, followed by a credit of -$6.17 (hence, shipping was free on both).
Front P/N 110002 $44.99 from Amazon.com
Rear P/N 120002 $45.87 from Amazon.com (as sold by ToysForTrucks Inc.)
--
One more mud flap comment. The rear Weathertech guards had an 'extra' hole (total of three holes) when there are only two mounting holes available. I suppose you have three options on what to do with this extra third hole: 1) ignore it and drive on (which I started to do) or 2) you could drill and install another bolt (however, they only supply two bolts in the kit) or 3) (which is what I did) I used the large cut off, black plastic head from the fastener and broke out my JB Weld epoxy and glued it over the hole.
--
Couple of photos of the installed splash guards in my photo album.

Last edited by busyknight; 02-24-2012 at 03:53 PM.
Old 02-24-2012, 07:39 PM
I have Husky on the FX4 which has factory flares. They are bigger than my Weathertech's on my XLT no flares. My XLT gets very muddy with the Weathertechs and factory tires. It's a little disappointing... My step boards hold an inch of mud on top with the Weathertechs. I chose them because they are no drill that is it. Up here with road salt I didn't want to drill holes.

Old 02-24-2012, 07:45 PM
I would have to agree with MMalcolm24. I got the OEM one from the dealer. The fit like a glove. And could be painted to match.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by mmalcolm24
I keep forgetting to write down the part # but I think it is 6L3Z.16A550.BA for the trucks with factory fender lips
Just FYI the rears of the Ford molded ones don't fit right. Threads about that, they 'cant' inwards.

Old 02-25-2012, 02:49 AM
Originally Posted by 0bluescrew9
mmalcolm24, you're suggesting buying them directly from ford? What are we looking at for a price?
I sell them for like $85 Canadian so not sure what they will cost in the states

Originally Posted by Damn Dirty Ape
Just FYI the rears of the Ford molded ones don't fit right. Threads about that, they 'cant' inwards.
Yeah the rears tilt inwards what we do in the shop is the brace to from the bed support to the bottom of the bed side we loosen off the top bolt on the bed support and pull out the bedside and it makes them sit properly.

I have done the Husky ones for a customer and they are nice but I still think the factory ones are better.

Old 02-26-2012, 10:48 PM
I installed weathertecs front and rear of my truck and couldnt be happier with them

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weathertech vs. Husky splash guards