2009 - 2014 F-150

Has anyone replaced bent bumper mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 03:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone replaced bent bumper mounts?

Hey folks, long time no see. Quick question for anyone that's ever had to repair a bent front bumper on their 09-11 F-150, and had a shop do it: How much did they charge you?

Quick backstory: driving home from work on the day after Christmas, when a distracted soccer mom makes an unprotected turn against traffic in front of me. I dodge left, and go straight into a snow berm. Good news: no one was hurt, and I was only going about 20 at the time so that + the fact the berm was made up of soft snow = no real damage, other than my bumper now tipping down a few degrees. It's not bad, really, but the formerly 1" gap between bumper and filler panel is now 1.5", and that half an inch extra mocks me everytime I look at my truck.

I know it's OCD, but my baby is barely 9 months old, and thanks to a wife with a wrecker's touch and two toddlers, I don't own many nice things, save this truck. I spent 45 minutes searching the forums, and while many folks talk about going to a shop to get this repaired, the forums end at that point, and don't really go into how much it cost. The bumper itself is fine, so it's gotta be the mounting arms that are bent. If this was my 05, I'd pull the bumper and do it myself, but I'm reticent to go DYI as technically the bank still owns her for another 2 years 3 months. Any info you might have would be appreciated, thanks.

Old 01-05-2012, 07:19 AM
Look online at Tasca Parts for the replacement parts...get the parts and have a few places give you an estimate before replacing...good luck up in the wonderful state of Alaska and stay warm...was up there 2 years ago (Princess Cruise/rail from Vancouver to Fairbanks)...loved it.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by Shadow_Grey
Look online at Tasca Parts for the replacement parts...get the parts and have a few places give you an estimate before replacing...good luck up in the wonderful state of Alaska and stay warm...was up there 2 years ago (Princess Cruise/rail from Vancouver to Fairbanks)...loved it.
It's been subzero here for the last month or so, which in my case was a good thing, as cold snow tends to be light and feathery. Will a shop do a replacement with parts I supply? Sounds like something they'd shy away from for liability reasons.

Glad to hear you had a good trip. I used to work that rail line when I was in college. To this day, it's still my favorite/least favorite job ever.

Quick Reply: Has anyone replaced bent bumper mounts?