Old 04-17-2011, 06:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'am so going to do this too.

Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 AM
let us know how it goes ruffn-it should take a half hour tops

Old 04-20-2011, 11:04 AM
This is exactly what I was looking for. I had inquired about doing this on several forums back in 09 when I found out about the Raptor. But I was told it was going to be extremely expensive... ECMs and fuse panel blah blah blah. Glad you posted this!!!

As for the off-road mode, is there a module that is programed into the switch itself, or willl additional parts/ computers and relay be required for it to work?

Old 04-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by F_ast
This is exactly what I was looking for. I had inquired about doing this on several forums back in 09 when I found out about the Raptor. But I was told it was going to be extremely expensive... ECMs and fuse panel blah blah blah. Glad you posted this!!!

As for the off-road mode, is there a module that is programed into the switch itself, or willl additional parts/ computers and relay be required for it to work?
i believe the off road mode program is in the tccm that you would be buying. from the looks of it you just run a wire to the switch from the tccm & another wire from the switch to a ground, but its not looking good for the off road mode in non-raptor trucks.someone did do the off road mode in their truck & it wasn't shifting properly.. i think the problem is he has the tccm with off road program but we also need the pcm it looks like for proper shifting, the guy is saying a custom tune will probably fix it but im not trying anything til someone finds a solution and a couple people try it first

Old 04-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Originally Posted by foxracer2759
i believe the off road mode program is in the tccm that you would be buying. from the looks of it you just run a wire to the switch from the tccm & another wire from the switch to a ground, but its not looking good for the off road mode in non-raptor trucks.someone did do the off road mode in their truck & it wasn't shifting properly.. i think the problem is he has the tccm with off road program but we also need the pcm it looks like for proper shifting, the guy is saying a custom tune will probably fix it but im not trying anything til someone finds a solution and a couple people try it first
I did the offroad switch (btw, I am Arokcrwlr on the other forum) and it does not work properly. It does remove the speed limiter of the e-locker in 2wd, but the truck does not behave right. I also believe that a custom tune is necessary. I have spoken with a couple of SCT tuners and none of them are either willing to try, or don't have the knowledge to try - still looking for a tuner that wants a challenge.

Old 04-20-2011, 05:01 PM

Well, Tasca charged me for the two items needed but then i recieved an email that the TCCM is on back order and they have to "remove this item from the order". Looks like i wont be doing this anytime soon. BTW it should say back-ordered before the purchase, cant sell stuff you dont have. TascaJosh any idea?

Last edited by ruffn-it; 04-20-2011 at 05:16 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
Well, Tasca charged me for the two items needed but then i recieved an email that the TCCM is on back order and they have to "remove this item from the order". Looks like i wont be doing this anytime soon. BTW it should say back-ordered before the purchase, cant sell stuff you dont have. TascaJosh any idea?
what part are you looking for? the tccm? it just so happens i went out to get the mail and there was a tasca parts package with another tccm in it.... i guess they charged me twice... so il sell it if someone wants it, or il send it back...if you want it though i need to know and send it out by tomorrow morning because i go away for a week so we can do it quick or you can wait.. found that funny since its on national back order

Last edited by foxracer2759; 04-20-2011 at 06:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:17 PM

pm sent

Old 04-27-2011, 02:08 AM

Got your tccm the other day foxracer, the switch should be here tommorow.

Old 04-27-2011, 02:42 AM
nice let us know how it goes^

Old 04-27-2011, 05:16 PM

Ok, its done, your right that tccm is a pain to get too, but can be done. I only tested it parked in the yard, my 2010 shows the rear locked in the instrument cluster message center, just like it would do in 4x4. Im eager to take it to the beach and try it out for real, but its nice to know I can lock it at the boat ramp if needed. O, and when I pulled on the vent, the complete vent popped out. It was ok though it made it easier to pull the rest of the dash piece out. The vent just popped back in place when done too. Thanks foxracer for the tccm and the post.

Old 04-30-2011, 12:35 AM
Originally Posted by ruffn-it
Ok, its done, your right that tccm is a pain to get too, but can be done. I only tested it parked in the yard, my 2010 shows the rear locked in the instrument cluster message center, just like it would do in 4x4. Im eager to take it to the beach and try it out for real, but its nice to know I can lock it at the boat ramp if needed. O, and when I pulled on the vent, the complete vent popped out. It was ok though it made it easier to pull the rest of the dash piece out. The vent just popped back in place when done too. Thanks foxracer for the tccm and the post.
enjoy! no problem man thats what this place is for.. glad i got it out to you in time

Old 04-30-2011, 10:20 AM
Can the local Ford tech reflash the TCCM? I know GM can flash transmission control modules and PCMs with their Tech 2 tools. I wondered if you could find the right guy they could simply re flash your TCCM to Raptor specs? Or can they flash the PCM to Raptor spec minus the gear ratio? So off road mode would work? There are a handful of times I would like to lock the rear for a few seconds without the front end engaging on hard pack, pavement etc. I wonder if we have the same rear axle shafts that were breaking on early Raptors?

Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 AM

I think the axels are the same but they have the 4.10 gears.
And from what I read the tccm isn't programmed with a gear ratio at all. I got to see if my speedo is off.

Old 05-02-2011, 01:25 AM
i know that the tccm is not programmed for gear ratio.. im not sure if flashing our stock tccms would work because i think there are extra circuit boards in raptor tccm but i guess you could ask a ford tech maybe and ruffin-it i dont see how that would effect your speedometer, maybe when you have the e-locker locked it might effect it a tiny bit in 2 hi but nothing noticable i would imagine

Quick Reply: Raptor e-locker in 2hi mod on e-locking rear diff trucks