2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Best time to buy a new F-150

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The used market is high here in the south. They are so high used 26-32k, that I bought new for 31k...

Old 01-01-2011, 07:24 PM
The last business day of the year is the best time to buy. The second best day is the last business day in February.

Also, a new vehicle that has been on the lot for more than 90 days is a good deal no matter what time of year it is.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Quiz
Best time to buy a new one?

Never.

After they have been out awhile, search the internet and find one used with low miles that has been taken care of. They will be out there somewhere. You might have to drive to find it, but a day-trip and a little gas money pales in comparison to the money you will save by letting some other schmuck take the hit on depreciation.

(For example, I just bought a 2010 SuperCrew Lariat 4WD, loaded, leather, all the options I wanted....11K miles on it...had to drive 3-1/2 hours to get it....but saved a metric ton off what the truck stickered for when it sold new to some poor guy 9 months ago.)
I disagree. You have to base it on actual sales prices, not MSRP. In your case, 12k off $47k is 25% off with 11k miles on it. People are getting 20% to 30% off brand new.

Last edited by bluegreenf150; 01-02-2011 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:27 PM
I bought vehicles in different times of the year. Best time to buy any vehicle is when the dealer is void of customers. In 2009, it seemed any day was an awesome day to buy.

Anyways, in Canada, information to assist the consumer in making a good or excellent purchase is limited. I would start by using CAA's information for new vehicle pricing. Then see if Costco in Canada (or Sam's Club) has a vehicle purchase program like they do in the US. This will become your highest price you'll be willing to pay. Then it comes down to your ability to get a good price. If you can barter well, you should be able to knock the price down.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:09 PM
FYI, official word from Ford earlier in the year. I know you can negotiate a similar or slightly better deal yourself but i like everything spelled out. I.e., fees, trade-in is a separate transaction, you get all incentives, etc.

Just waiting for the ecoboost to come out.

Date: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 3:28 PM
Subject: RE: Contact Ford
To: me

Thank you for your recent email.
As a special thank-you to our shareholders, we offer qualifying shareholders the opportunity to participate in our "Friends & Neighbors" Special Vehicle Pricing Privilege (also known as our "X-Plan").

To qualify for this offer to qualifying shareholders, you must be a current Ford Motor Company shareholder who has held a minimum of one*hundred (100) shares of Ford Motor Company stock (Ticker: F) for at least the past 6 months.* Qualifying shareholders are limited to one PIN per 12-month period.*

An electronic copy of the application to be submitted is attached.* Please return the completed application and appropriate documentation as instructed on the attached application.* Once we have established your eligibility to participate in this program, an X-Plan number will be issued for you to take to your dealership.* Typical turnaround time for issuance of an X-Plan PIN is 3-5 business days.

Sincerely,
Ford Motor Company
Shareholder Relations
Investor Relations Department
*Ford Motor Company reserves the right to modify the program, remove or change eligibility, or cancel the program at any time without notice.

Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 11:50 AM
To: Stock Information, Stock (S.)
Subject: Contact Ford

Ford Motor Company

Main Topic: InvestorRelations

Email Questions: Hi, I am a Ford shareholder. I found out that I qualify for x-plan pricing by being a shareholder fitting certain criteria. Can you send me the requirements and any forms needed to purchase a vehicle under this plan? thanks, Randy

Old 01-02-2011, 08:27 PM
I got X-Plan & all their hold back $ + some on 2011 last week of the year.

Old 01-02-2011, 09:02 PM
http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...0/BodyDesc/1/0

Just was at the dealership...checked out the Black/Black Screw for 49,519...its an FX4, if you look at the window sticker link can't find that info anywhere (that its FX4), must be a code? and the kicker is they have the, 20's!! and the Harley grill..which looks awsome!!! didn't know you cold order the FX4 with that option...please note the prices the local dealers are asking...this particular model has everything I want except for don't want back-up camera and want the LUX option...notice how much higher our prices are....any idea what I can get them down too?? Based on these prices the one I want will be around $55000 sticker based on those numbers??????!!!!

Last edited by Reddragon8; 01-02-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:11 PM
The dealer took a total of 8K off the price of my new '11 Race Red STX SuperCab with the 5.0 engine. They wanted to sell the first '11 badly and the sales manager promised to make me a stupid deal I could not refuse.

I received $2500 over the pay-off value on my '07 STX and the rest was discount and rebate.

Old 01-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by Blue07STX
The dealer took a total of 8K off the price of my new '11 Race Red STX SuperCab with the 5.0 engine. They wanted to sell the first '11 badly and the sales manager promised to make me a stupid deal I could not refuse.

I received $2500 over the pay-off value on my '07 STX and the rest was discount and rebate.
Hey Blue07STX (aka Red11STX!)
Looks like we have similar taste, I took this one for a ride the other day. I love the exterior look of the STX, but may end up going with an XLT and swapping a few things. Either way it will be Race Red with a 5.0

Old 01-06-2011, 11:45 AM
i just bought a 2010 FX4 for 10K off after all the rebates..then i had a trade off that.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by matthew87
how does the internet sale work?

and ill keep the april idea in mind
Most of the dealers I have looked at have a salesperson that specializes in internet transactions. They'll often email you their "lowest" offer which is often very close to what I want to pay. This way I have the haggling handled before I even hit the dealer and if I like the vehicle, I buy it. I bought a 2004 Mach 1 this way and a 2005 Nissan Frontier.

Greg

Old 02-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Originally Posted by Reddragon8
http://apps.dealerconnection.com/dea...0/BodyDesc/1/0

Just was at the dealership...checked out the Black/Black Screw for 49,519...its an FX4, if you look at the window sticker link can't find that info anywhere (that its FX4), must be a code? and the kicker is they have the, 20's!! and the Harley grill..which looks awsome!!! didn't know you cold order the FX4 with that option...please note the prices the local dealers are asking...this particular model has everything I want except for don't want back-up camera and want the LUX option...notice how much higher our prices are....any idea what I can get them down too?? Based on these prices the one I want will be around $55000 sticker based on those numbers??????!!!!
I am looking at the same truck in Calgary, Have you bought yet? How much did you get off MSRP?

Old 02-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Also how do these internet sales work? Where do I find them? Do you just go to the site for a local ford dealer?

Old 02-27-2011, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by Greg Matty
Most of the dealers I have looked at have a salesperson that specializes in internet transactions. They'll often email you their "lowest" offer which is often very close to what I want to pay. This way I have the haggling handled before I even hit the dealer and if I like the vehicle, I buy it. I bought a 2004 Mach 1 this way and a 2005 Nissan Frontier.

Greg
This method did not work out for me. I sent requests to six different local dealerships advising of a limited time schedule for calls and requesting their best price. One dealership couldn't get my name right. Since my name was at the bottom of the e-mail no deal was even possible. One dealership offered full price. This dealership, could not understand that I asked for "best price" and since she returned with a full price offer she lost her place in line because I did not feel she was serious about selling a truck. Three dealerships never returned my request and one dealership contacted me a week and a half later, after I already placed my order with my current dealership. I ordered using x-plan and was just attempting to see if anybody could beat it. I found my answer. I took great pleasure in explaining why each dealership was not chosen.

Quick Reply: Best time to buy a new F-150