Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:
Advertisement

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 12-06-2010, 09:29 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Low Tire Pressure Warning

Anyone know how to reset the tire pressure warning indicator. Yesterday mine started coming on every time I start the truck warning me that I have low tire pressure somewhere. I checked and my tires are fine. Don't know if our sudden cold weather has anything to do with it or not. If I press the reset buttom I can then view my milage etc but the little yellow warning indicator remains illuminated. I have to do this everytime I start the truck.

Additions: Weather Tech floor mats and mud flaps, extang Solid Fold bed cover, BedRug bed liner and EZdown tailgate assist.
http://www.f150online.com/forums/mem...er-albums.html
Old 12-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 FORD F150
Had the same problem .There's a recent thread on this ,in any case it's in the manual .
Old 12-07-2010, 06:45 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Unfortunately, without a reset tool, you cannot reset it. Dealer can do the reset. Also with the cold weather, the pressure drops enough from the cold to set the fault. Had similar issues myself. It will set a fault when the pressure drops a certain percentage. Take a look at the pressure vs temp sticky in the wheels, tires, and brakes forum to see what your pressure should be cold.

You can also buy a reset tool from the dealer. About $25. I have one since I swap between summer and winter tires. Each with it's on set of sensors.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Mine have done it a few times add like a half pound and ut should go off that what i had to do
Old 12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
did you chech the spare? There are 5 tires that need to have the correct air pressure
Old 12-07-2010, 11:37 AM
2009 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelessr1 View Post
did you chech the spare? There are 5 tires that need to have the correct air pressure
Not according to the owner's manual.

The spare does not have the valve-stem sensor.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
Not according to the owner's manual.

The spare does not have the valve-stem sensor.
oh...my bad then...thats strange since every car/truck i've owned prior had the sensors in the spares. Not that I'm complaining
Old 12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
2013 Ford F-150

Doesn't going thru the TPMS "training" procedure reset everything?

When I kept getting false readings, I just went thru the training process in the manual again, and everything was back to normal . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfish51 View Post
Unfortunately, without a reset tool, you cannot reset it. Dealer can do the reset. Also with the cold weather, the pressure drops enough from the cold to set the fault. Had similar issues myself. It will set a fault when the pressure drops a certain percentage. Take a look at the pressure vs temp sticky in the wheels, tires, and brakes forum to see what your pressure should be cold.

You can also buy a reset tool from the dealer. About $25. I have one since I swap between summer and winter tires. Each with it's on set of sensors.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 Ford F150
What type of tire pressure warning are you seeing? One type indicates you have a pressure problem the other indicates you have a sensor or system related error.

If the indicator lamp flashes for 60 or so seconds then remains on you have a sensor or system issue. Could be a battery issue (not replaceable) in the sensor, a defective sensor, a defective receiver, etc. Or if the indicator lamp comes on and remains on then you have a pressure problem.

This should help you narrow down what might be happening. Now if we had the ability to read Body Codes, you could see exactly which sensor and what the failure mode is. But those aren't codes most of us can access thru typical hand held code readers.

Hope this offers something useful
Old 12-07-2010, 07:49 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsf150stx View Post
Doesn't going thru the TPMS "training" procedure reset everything?

When I kept getting false readings, I just went thru the training process in the manual again, and everything was back to normal . . . .
09 requires a reset tool. Same with 07 and 08. I noticed in the 11 that the procedure did not require a tool, however it required letting air out of the tire and then refilling. I think I would rather have the tool.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150 Platinum
Mine came on today. Very cold morning; I thought it was due to the temps. The first two I checked were down to 30 PSI (should be 35). The next one was 28 ... hmmm. A quick inspection found a nail in the tread (slow leaker). System worked good for me.

2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 PM
Garage is empty, add now

My 2010 didn't need a reset, just adding air cleared it out.

But < 30 psi seemed to be my trigger as well.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:26 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2012 Ford F150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomeyer15 View Post
Mine came on today. Very cold morning; I thought it was due to the temps. The first two I checked were down to 30 PSI (should be 35). The next one was 28 ... hmmm. A quick inspection found a nail in the tread (slow leaker). System worked good for me.
I called the service manager at my dealer and he said they has a rash of customers come in with the same issue and all they did was top off the air pressure. I when I got home I actually checked my tire pressure with a gage and the tires were at 30 psi. I pumped them all up to 35 psi and everything is fine now. I didn't realize the sensors were that sensitive. I thought they had to really be down in pressure, like 20 or less before they would come on. It'll be warming back up in a couple of days so I'd better keep an eye on them and will probably be needing to let some air back out.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:37 PM
2010 Ford F-150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gir View Post
My 2010 didn't need a reset, just adding air cleared it out.

But < 30 psi seemed to be my trigger as well.

with the extreme cold over the weekend this is what happened to mine, went to my dealer for something else and checked air one had as low as 30 the others was down to 31. air them up, everything is great again.... i thought last week i should have gone to make sure my tires had the 35 psi, in them as the door sticker says.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I love how the system tells you that the air pressure is low. Sure would be nice if it told you what tire. You think the engineers at Ford could have figured a way to do this.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 PM