2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

$50,000 truck and NO cabin Air Filter?????

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2010, 02:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
LoL at all you idiots spending 50 grand on a truck...

Old 10-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FORDFAME
I am wondering how long Ford is going to milk the profit margins out of the truck buyer. I can get a Lincoln MKZ loaded for less than my truck cost and it has every conceivable option imaginable.

Anybody know if I can spend even more of my hard earned money and retrofit a CAF into my 2010 KR????
Then get a lincoln, you'll probably be happier with it. I really hate how trucks have become luxury vehicles and how that people looking for luxury look at trucks. I wish XLT was the top trim line. maybe lariat. A CAF would be pretty cool though

Old 10-09-2010, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by alex7191
I really hate how trucks have become luxury vehicles and how that people looking for luxury look at trucks. I wish XLT was the top trim line. maybe lariat.

I agree. It appears that 90% of trucks anymore are driven my commuters, socker moms and "wannabee" farmers or ranchers and they want all of the bells and whistles- makes them too expensive for everyone else. Same thing happened when the Powerstroke diesel got so popular around 2003-2004. Every body had to have one. How many really needed one? Not many. For the farmer, rancher, construction worker, etc, all of this demand just jacked the price up.
$60k for a diesel truck- that's just getting ridiculous.

Old 10-09-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by alex7191
Then get a lincoln, you'll probably be happier with it. I really hate how trucks have become luxury vehicles and how that people looking for luxury look at trucks. I wish XLT was the top trim line. maybe lariat. A CAF would be pretty cool though
If all you want is an XLT nobody is forcing you to buy anything but that. I can tell you right now if Ford didn't offer a leather seat (other than lariat, I am not a fan of the tan or gray tones of lariat leather) in their pickups I wouldn't be buying them. They have different trim levels for just that reason. The buyer can pay for the luxury or spend a smaller amount and get something less fancy.

Everyone has their preference and while some people look at a vehicle as just something that gets you from A to B, others look at it as more than that.

Old 10-09-2010, 08:30 PM
I know this may come to a shock for some, but the Ford Fleet sales of work trucks is a pretty big cut of the market. What I like about Ford is that if you don't want all the fancy stuff. Don't buy it. What I would consider a great ranch truck, 4x4, 5.4 XL for less than $30,000. The great thing about Ford is that you can buy a truck that is built just like that work truck but is a bit more comfortable for the family and have the wife fighting you for the keys for only $3000 more. Not everyone has to buy a $50,000 truck. I didn't.

Old 10-10-2010, 08:52 AM
All good points. My Lariat is now gone. I just didn't need all the luxuries in a truck and needed something a little more practical for commuting. My next truck will be a very basic lake vehicle.

Old 10-10-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
I know this may come to a shock for some, but the Ford Fleet sales of work trucks is a pretty big cut of the market. What I like about Ford is that if you don't want all the fancy stuff. Don't buy it. What I would consider a great ranch truck, 4x4, 5.4 XL for less than $30,000. The great thing about Ford is that you can buy a truck that is built just like that work truck but is a bit more comfortable for the family and have the wife fighting you for the keys for only $3000 more. Not everyone has to buy a $50,000 truck. I didn't.
x-2 don't buy if you don't want the fancy stuff and whine about later and research what you are buying.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer
I agree. It appears that 90% of trucks anymore are driven my commuters, socker moms and "wannabee" farmers or ranchers and they want all of the bells and whistles- makes them too expensive for everyone else. Same thing happened when the Powerstroke diesel got so popular around 2003-2004. Every body had to have one. How many really needed one? Not many. For the farmer, rancher, construction worker, etc, all of this demand just jacked the price up.
$60k for a diesel truck- that's just getting ridiculous.
Yep, preach on brother.

I love all the FX4's I see in Florida.

FLORIDA.

"Tough off roading" for 90% of all FX4 owners is navigating a pothole or an unpaved alley, it's really silly.

And people bitch about how the trucks dont have any power. I think next years base V6 may have more HP than both the 460 big block and 6.9 diesel of 20 years ago. Somehow we got by...

And people want 4.10's?

Guys, there are things called sports cars, go buy one if you want to go fast and beat the soccer mom driving the dodge caravan to that next stoplight 1000 feet ahead.

Old 10-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
I know this may come to a shock for some, but the Ford Fleet sales of work trucks is a pretty big cut of the market. What I like about Ford is that if you don't want all the fancy stuff. Don't buy it. What I would consider a great ranch truck, 4x4, 5.4 XL for less than $30,000.
Absolutely, I dont either, that's why my truck is an XL. The amount of money I could have paid for options buys a hell of a lot of gas.

I do wish that Ford did what they used to do, and you could custom order a truck with specific options instead of these ridiculous "packages" they have now. To get 1 thing you want, you have to pay for 3 others you dont.

Old 10-10-2010, 06:17 PM
My 00 and 01 Silverados had cabin filters $16 bucks from Napa Auto parts. Considering I carry two German Shepherds in the truck year round with the A/C on max I would love to have cabin filters. My truck stays full of hair and dog funk..

Old 10-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
There will come a day when people forget it is a truck.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by greencrew
There will come a day when people forget it is a truck.

You are so right. I even catch myself going through all the trouble of hooking up my trailer to haul something so I don't scratch the bed of my truck.

But man, having owned a bunch of Ford's the last 40 years, this new truck is so quiet and smooth. Cruise control set to 75 mph on the Interstate with the A/C on, Sat Radio bringing in the country music:, leather seats adjusted just right, and a cool soda in the cup holder.

It just ain't right.

Old 10-11-2010, 06:33 AM
thats why ford and other manufacturers sell so many luxury pickups. These are vehicles that do many jobs well. I myself needed a quiet luxury ride, towing, and cargo hauling capability for long trips. What better than a lariat. As for the $50k price tag, for what I see out there, its worth every penny. Still would like a caf.
Ferd

Old 10-11-2010, 08:47 PM
I think most people who have them in cars don't bother because they don't drive them in dirty, dusty areas as much as typical truck owners.. I however live in Arizona and we constantly get a very fine particulate dust that settles on every interior surface. If ever a Cabin Air Filter was needed it would be on trucks. AND, even though they are ridiculously expensive, especially the charcoal models for what they basically are, you only need to change them out every 15K miles or so.
Majority rules sorry if 85% people don't care or don't want it why would they make them? Come on dude.

Old 10-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am wondering how long Ford is going to milk the profit margins out of the truck buyer. I can get a Lincoln MKZ loaded for less than my truck cost and it has every conceivable option imaginable.

Anybody know if I can spend even more of my hard earned money and retrofit a CAF into my 2010 KR????
Waaaaaa,Waaaaaa,waaaaaaa.

Quick Reply: $50,000 truck and NO cabin Air Filter?????