2009 - 2014 F-150

OEM Remote Start Part Number

Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OEM Remote Start Part Number

Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I just got a new 2010 F-150 SuperCrew. It came with the keyless entry, but I would like to add the Ford remote start. I word like to order the Ford OEM remote start from the internet to save a little more, but I don't know exacted part number. I got the following part number AL3Z-19G364-A from http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~AL3Z_19G364_A. It say the Remote Start PATS Interface kit (sold separately) required for most applications. I don't know what is it talking about. Can someone please explain what the PATS Interface kit is and everything I will need to install the remote start system.

Old 10-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Originally Posted by Viper775
Hello, this is my first post on the forum. I just got a new 2010 F-150 SuperCrew. It came with the keyless entry, but I would like to add the Ford remote start. I word like to order the Ford OEM remote start from the internet to save a little more, but I don't know exacted part number. I got the following part number AL3Z-19G364-A from http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/...~AL3Z_19G364_A. It say the Remote Start PATS Interface kit (sold separately) required for most applications. I don't know what is it talking about. Can someone please explain what the PATS Interface kit is and everything I will need to install the remote start system.
I just bought the r/s with alarm kit. I dont have the exact part numbers here.
I can tell you in the morning. The PATS kit is what you need to fool the immobilizer into thinking that there is a key in the truck when you use the r/s. You have to have this or the r/s wont work. This is basically the same thing as when they add a key to the aftermarket r/s. Only with thing Ford kit you can just break in and steel the truck with the hidden key.

Andy

Old 10-03-2010, 06:47 PM
Here are the 3 different Ford systems offered with the part numbers and a picture of the remote fob that comes with it (these are 2010 part numbers only, from the Ford accesory website you posted).

Remote Start only (basic system) Part Number: AW3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start only, Bi-Directional (2-way) Part Number: AC3Z-19G364-A

Remote Start, With Keyless Entry & Alarm Part Number (gold system): AL3Z-19G364-A

For the first two remote start systems, you would have to carry your factory keyless entry fob with you too. The first one is the one you get as the factory invoiced accessory remote start system if you order your truck with it. The second one is actually a 2-way type system, the button flashes green and the keyfob beeps to confirm that the truck started. The third system includes the alarm, and it replaces your factory keyless fob since the new fob does control keyless entry and remote start all in one fob. The extra 1 and 2 buttons on the fob are pretty much useless for our trucks. You could turn the alarm feature off if you want (if you don't like alarms), but at least then you would still have everything all in one key fob rather than having to carry 2 fobs around.

Using those part numbers, try shopping online like at www.tascafordparts.com or other similar discount Ford parts dealers.

For either system, you also need the Ford PATS Interface/bypass kit, the part number is 8L3Z-19G365-BA. This kit is needed for the truck to start due to the PATS security chip in our keys. Other generic kits require you to leave a spare key up inside the dash. This kit actually simulates that a key is in the ignition and allows the truck to remote start. You just need your 2 master keys to program this kit.

The first two remote start only systems above actually install pretty easy now, they come with a plug-in harness that plugs directly into our trucks. Then there’s only about 6 wires or so left that you have to splice-in yourself. The 6-button fob remote start with alarm system does not come with any type of plug-in harness, so you have to tap/splice all of the necessary wires (about 16 or so total). Most of the wires you tap into are along the steering column and driver's side kick panel/door sill, but there's also 1 or 2 wires that you tap into at the passenger side kick panel at the smart junction box (SJB).

You can find some of the Ford technical install manuals here:
Technical Specifications

Just select “installation instructions” and then “electronics” and within there are the remote start and alarm files.

Oh, and for 2010 with My-Key, you'll want to change the settings for the system so it doesn't shut off when opening the door. I posted about it here and included links to the programming files for either the basic/2way rmst start system and the 6-button rmst/alarm: https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...ml#post4334935

Old 10-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Maybe a dumb question...But i followed the link to tasca's site and they do not have 2010 f150 listed. they have 250, 250 and 450 but no f150 and will not allow part number search without a model selected....Am i missing something?

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I just saw that too. The box below that allows you just to enter "Ford" and your part number.

Old 10-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Also, both the 1 button remote starts come with the securelok or pats interface. No need to purchase the 8L3Z unless buying the 6 button remote start/alarm

Old 10-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Do you have the part #'s for just the FOBs because i already have the factory remote start system and i would like to get the remote that will do everything, so I dont have to carry both FOBs and a key. Already called my dealership and they had no clue.

Last edited by joshn; 10-06-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Sal FX4
Also, both the 1 button remote starts come with the securelok or pats interface. No need to purchase the 8L3Z unless buying the 6 button remote start/alarm
how are you sure of that? Because if you look in the Ford 1-button technical installation file it says Securilok kit sold separetely? The 2009 file I have clearly says that.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by joshn
Do you have the part #'s for just the FOBs because i already have the factory remote start system and i would like to get the remote that will do everything, so I dont have to carry both FOBs and a key. Already called my dealership and they had no clue.
6 Button key Fob p/n is: 7L3Z-15K601-AA
1 Button Key Fob p/n is: 7L2Z-15K601-AA

NOW, you can program a 1 button key fob to work with the 6 Button remote start BUT you CANNOT program the 6 button to work with the 1 button system correctly. We have done it before but only with the upgrade dealership installed Ford alarm system AND you would have to lock using the Blue button, unlock using the "1" button, and remote start using another button (i forgot which one). Its a PIA and i would not reccomend it. Best thing to do is yank out the 1 button system and install the 6 button system.

Good Luck.

Old 10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
how are you sure of that? Because if you look in the Ford 1-button technical installation file it says Securilok kit sold separetely? The 2009 file I have clearly says that.
Hey Steve, i am 110% sure. Earlier this year the 8L3Z interface kits were on backorder and we had multiple 6 button intalls here at my work. I had my warehouse pull all the interface kits from the 1 button kits so that we could install the 6 button units. Once the interface kits were finally delivered we replaced the ones we took out from the 1 button units

p.s. I have the 2010 install pdf's if you need them

Sal Vela
Aftermaket Manager
Helfman Ford
Stafford, TX

Old 10-06-2010, 12:18 PM
hmm, that must be a recent change or something because they didn't come with the PATS kits even as of a few months ago. THe 2010 file says the same thing about the PATS kit being sold separately.

yeah, the remotes aren't compatible. I tried the old 4-button Silver kit remote on my 6-button system and it did not work properly. The rmst button worked, but the lock button was the panic, the unlock button did nothing, and the panic button actually locked (or maybe unlocked?) the doors. pretty strange...

Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
hmm, that must be a recent change or something because they didn't come with the PATS kits even as of a few months ago. THe 2010 file says the same thing about the PATS kit being sold separately.

yeah, the remotes aren't compatible. I tried the old 4-button Silver kit remote on my 6-button system and it did not work properly. The rmst button worked, but the lock button was the panic, the unlock button did nothing, and the panic button actually locked (or maybe unlocked?) the doors. pretty strange...
Ok Steve, i checked my inventory. 7L2Z-19G364-AA is the 1 button remote start systems we were taking interfaces out of the box. Those kits HAVE the 8L3Z interfaces included and were good for 2009 models. The new AW3Z kits for 2010 models DO NOT have the interfaces included :o . The Bi-Directional AC3Z kit that i have here has the interface inside the box. So i am right and wrong

BUT since most people only want to carry 1 key fob to lock and start their trucks then like you said earlier they will need kit AL3Z-19G364-AA (7L3Z-19G364-AA also works on 2009-2010) AND the 8L3Z-19G365-BA to make it work.

Sorry for any confusion to anyone. Thanks Steve for bringing that to my attention!

Old 10-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Steve, is there any other manuals for the gold alarm/remote start set up. I have that in my 2004, and want to link it into my siren instead of my horn, as well as not have the horn honk when it shuts down the alarm

Old 10-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Bigmike, check out this file: http://documents.codesystems.com/701141.pdf

check out how to change the option settings starting on page 22, hopefully your black programming button and the LED light are mounted or accessible. The option bank settings for your system start on page 29. Sounds like you'll want to change Option Bank 1 - #7, and also Option Bank 2 - #6.

Last edited by SteveVFX4; 10-06-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:39 PM
^^^Thanks Sal, I'm only most familar with the old 4-button Silver kit (rmst/rke) and also the newer 6-button gold kit (rmst/vss/rke). I've only just read the files about the 1-button kit and also saw guys post before about needing to order the PATS kit separately.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: OEM Remote Start Part Number