2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

OEM Remote Start Part Number

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
just sign up on this website and you can access tons of Ford rmst files including installation and programming files:

http://techservices.codesystems.com/Login.aspx
Thanks Steve, I have the install almost completed. I'm having trouble locating the wires in the drivers kick panel for the drivers door lock. I have to tap those three wires and I'm done.

Old 04-02-2012, 09:54 AM
Have my install completed!!!!!! I want to thank all the GREAT members that helped me along the way....

Old 04-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by ad2tude
Have my install completed!!!!!! I want to thank all the GREAT members that helped me along the way....
What did you end up with on total costs? and Install time? Just got an 09 FX4 SCrew yesterday and I want this...

Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
Originally Posted by User Error
What did you end up with on total costs? and Install time? Just got an 09 FX4 SCrew yesterday and I want this...
I purchased the system through the dealership I work for. My cost was $285. I'd say i spent around two hours installing it. Patience with finding the correct wires was the biggest pain....

Old 04-05-2012, 01:47 AM
I purchased the system through the dealership I work for. My cost was $285. I'd say i spent around two hours installing it. Patience with finding the correct wires was the biggest pain....
So it's not plug n play, install is gonna be like a normal alarm and cutting into the trucks harness to wire it?

Old 04-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Originally Posted by User Error
So it's not plug n play, install is gonna be like a normal alarm and cutting into the trucks harness to wire it?
Correct. It's not plug and play. You could use t taps.

Old 04-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm not a personal fan of t-taps. I had the dealer install mine, and they used t-taps. The instructions clearly state to open the wire casing, and solder the starter wires to the factory harness. At my next appointment for service, they are going to remove the t-taps and solder everything properly. I had a meeting with the service manager, and he played the "really... they didn't solder it?" card. T-taps leave areas for potential problems, and corrosion causing intermittent headaches down the road. They are not a long term permanent solution. I plan on keeping this rig until the 2020 F150 release........

Old 04-05-2012, 03:51 PM
good to hear you got it working. Since you work at a dealer, you probably could have accessed all of the Ford tech/install files.

I have installed 2 myself in the past, but this time I didn't. My installer came to my house. He didn't solder but he did open/strip the wire casing, split the wire strands, and inserted the bare rmst wire and wrapped it around a few times. Then he taped it off real good. I haven't had any issues in 3 years now.

Old 04-05-2012, 06:44 PM
Do you by any chance, have the key w/built-in-FOB?

I just bought a key w/built-in-FOB and alltho the remote locks work, the remote start will not.

I was told by the dealer it's because my truck is a '10 and the key is for an '11.

I have to carry my little FOB for the remote start which is OK I guess, cuz I only use it when it's winter and from inside my crib anyhow.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
good to hear you got it working. Since you work at a dealer, you probably could have accessed all of the Ford tech/install files.

I have installed 2 myself in the past, but this time I didn't. My installer came to my house. He didn't solder but he did open/strip the wire casing, split the wire strands, and inserted the bare rmst wire and wrapped it around a few times. Then he taped it off real good. I haven't had any issues in 3 years now.
I work for a Buick,Cadillac and GMC dealer..... I wished I worked for a Ford Dealer!!!!!!!

Old 04-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by High-ster
Do you by any chance, have the key w/built-in-FOB?

I just bought a key w/built-in-FOB and alltho the remote locks work, the remote start will not.

I was told by the dealer it's because my truck is a '10 and the key is for an '11.

I have to carry my little FOB for the remote start which is OK I guess, cuz I only use it when it's winter and from inside my crib anyhow.
My keys are just like yours,no buttons..

Old 04-05-2012, 07:51 PM
the 2011 rmst keys are not compatible with the old rmst systems.

Here's the 6-button alarm/rmst programming for others that need it:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

Old 04-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey steve, my brother bought a 2011 fx2 a few months back, and he wants to add the factory remote start.
Would it be possible to shoot me over the part numbers for it? Also it should be compatible with 2011 OEM remote start keys correct?
We want it to be as close to the OEM remote setup as possible.
Will there have to be any programming done at the dealer or is it possible to do at home.
I havent done a remote start in a while and these new cars have so many functions controlled by computers!

Old 04-07-2012, 10:58 PM
go here to check out the different 2011 systems, and after you click on one, it shows the part number: http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles...ote-start.html

The 100 series is the same as the factory one and comes with new keys with built-in rmst button. But from what others say, the range is not very good on them, only up to 300 feet. If you don't mind carrying an extra fob, the Long Range or Bi-Directional kit would be a better buy since it includes a separate antenna. At least you're not carrying 2 fobs around like on the 2010 and earlier trucks.

Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 PM
Does anyone have the installation instructions for a 2009 F150 supercrew, I purchased the 6 Button Gold system.

Thanks

Quick Reply: OEM Remote Start Part Number