Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:
Advertisement

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 64
Lariat with two tone pictures

Hey guys. Looking to order a new F150 in the next couple days.
I am gonna get a Lariat supercrew with 6.5' box. Not sure of the color yet. The vast majority of the Lariats around here do not have the two tone paint - solid color with chrome bumper. So weird, it is complete opposite of 2004 - 2008.
Anyways. I want the two tone paint but not sure of the color i want. Cant seem to find trucks around here to look at. Can you guys post pics of your truck that matches my description? thanks.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:51 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Roanoke, Texas
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
Posts: 464
I don't have a pic, but mine is dark blue with gold accent. I didn't like the two tone idea at first, but it has really grown on me. It is the opposite here. It is very hard to find a Lariat that is NOT two tone.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:52 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 55
On my 2010 SCAB the 2 tone paint was a limited option. I got the chrome package which made the 2 tone option unavailable.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-26-2010, 10:59 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: lone star state
Vehicle: 2010 ford f150
Posts: 33
the Ford website has the color combos on line. This may help you
Ferd
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-26-2010, 11:20 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Posts: 177
I have Red Candy Metallic two-tone, and it was my number 1 color choice. Personally, I love the two-tone. Here's a few pics but there are more in my album

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-26-2010, 02:12 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 64
thanks guys and girls.
cegan. thats basically the extact truck i was/am thinking about. delete the running boards and add the moonroof. with the 6.5' box.
i love the pictures of your truck and i love the color of it on the ford website.
havent seen one in person but i have seen a few fx2s in that color and it doesnt do anythign for me....
not sure if it is the two tone that breaks up the red or what....
gonna talk to the dealer, see if he can find some in teh general area i can look at in person.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointslow View Post
thanks guys and girls.
cegan. thats basically the extact truck i was/am thinking about. delete the running boards and add the moonroof. with the 6.5' box.
i love the pictures of your truck and i love the color of it on the ford website.
havent seen one in person but i have seen a few fx2s in that color and it doesnt do anythign for me....
not sure if it is the two tone that breaks up the red or what....
gonna talk to the dealer, see if he can find some in teh general area i can look at in person.
Thanks for the compliments. I'll pass them along to Ace (that's my truck's name). I'm with you about the solid red. I absolutely love the two-tone with red, but I'm not a fan of the solid red. If I couldn't have gotten the two-tone red then I would have bought a solid black. Good luck in your search. Are you trying to get a 2010 or 2011?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 64
i dont need the latest and the greatest. i am gonna get a 2010 and take advantage of the crazy deals they have goin on up here.
i can get a 2010 lariat supercrew 4x4 for less than i paid for my 2004 lariat supercab 4x2 brand new 6+ years ago...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-27-2010, 12:40 AM
ECP ECP is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: British Columbia
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Posts: 21
Any day now I will have a White platinum Lariat (factory order, 6th week).

Kicking myself I didn't opt for the 2 tone from factory... I love the looks of it. I would've gone Ingot silver with my white platinum.

Good news is: I'm a bodyman with access to a bake curing paint booth.... I can drive in Friday night and be cruising around rockin' the 2tone by Saturday night if I want.
__________________
2010 F150 Lariat Supercab 6.5
1979 F150 Explorer (parts)
1978 F150 Custom (parts)
1977 F250 Custom 4x4 (resto)
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-27-2010, 11:12 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 64
just got off the phone with the dealership. closest lariat with red/beige is about 200 km away. only one on the lots in all of ontario! these lariats with two tone are getting to be slim pickings. have to drive an hour to see a black and tan one!
looks like its road trip day tomorrow. need to make up my mind.
keep the pictures comin though.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-27-2010, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Roanoke, Texas
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
Posts: 464
5pointslow,

Isn't that the truth. I only paid a few thousand more for my 2010 Screw Lariat than I did for my 2006 Screw XLT. The deals are amazing.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-27-2010, 01:13 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointslow View Post
just got off the phone with the dealership. closest lariat with red/beige is about 200 km away. only one on the lots in all of ontario! these lariats with two tone are getting to be slim pickings. have to drive an hour to see a black and tan one!
looks like its road trip day tomorrow. need to make up my mind.
keep the pictures comin though.
That sucks man. You could probably get your dealer to do a dealer trade for it if it's the truck you really want. I was lucky and my dream truck that had absolutely everything I wanted and nothing I didn't was only an hour away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECP View Post
Any day now I will have a White platinum Lariat (factory order, 6th week).

Kicking myself I didn't opt for the 2 tone from factory... I love the looks of it. I would've gone Ingot silver with my white platinum.

Good news is: I'm a bodyman with access to a bake curing paint booth.... I can drive in Friday night and be cruising around rockin' the 2tone by Saturday night if I want.
You don't need to kick yourself about that because the two-tone with Ingot Silver is not an option for Lariats. Lariats have the option for Arizona Beige two-tone, and XLTs have the option for Ingot Silver two-tone.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NC
Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Posts: 1,712
Royal red with Pueblo gold

http://www.f150online.com/forums/mem...at-puller.html
__________________
WELCOME BACK MGD!


My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
"The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-27-2010, 02:11 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 64
[QUOTE=cegan1825;4321926]That sucks man. You could probably get your dealer to do a dealer trade for it if it's the truck you really want. I was lucky and my dream truck that had absolutely everything I wanted and nothing I didn't was only an hour away.
QUOTE]

nah its not the truck i want. wrong interior color, lack of certain options, etc. no big deal. i am okay with ordering what i want. spending all this money, get exactly what i want.
just wanna go see it so i can see the red/beige in person.
talked to the wife at lunch. road trip tomorrow. ha. make a day of it....
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-27-2010, 07:22 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Florida
Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5pointslow View Post
nah its not the truck i want. wrong interior color, lack of certain options, etc. no big deal. i am okay with ordering what i want. spending all this money, get exactly what i want.
just wanna go see it so i can see the red/beige in person.
talked to the wife at lunch. road trip tomorrow. ha. make a day of it....
I'm pretty sure that the ordering deadline for 2010s has passed, at least in the U.S.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:22 PM


 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:23 PM.





This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
 
Contact Us Advertising Privacy Statement Terms of Service Jobs Forum Text Archives
Emails & Contact Details