2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

My 2010 Hennessey F-150 Platinum - Over 500hp, over 520ft/lb tq

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2010 Hennessey F-150 Platinum - Over 500hp, over 520ft/lb tq

Here's pics of my recently completed project truck. It started out as a 2010 Silver Platinum. It has Sat Nav, deployable running boards, etc, etc.

I'm not 100% done yet, but am done with the major stuff:

1) Engine - +500hp, +520ft/lb tq - I had Hennessey Performance ( http://www.hennesseyperformance.com ) do a Velociraptor conversion ( http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/raptor.html ) on the truck. Since it obviously isn't a Raptor, they badged it as an HPE500, and they are also releasing it in kit form and also available as a conversion from them ( http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/f150.html ) - Mine was the first they'd ever done.

Their conversion includes:
• Twin Screw Supercharger System - Whipple from Ford Racing (includes a full intercooler system)

• K&N Air Filter

• Fuel Injector Upgrade - Includes custom rails and injectors

• Stainless Steel Headers - JBA

• Stainless Steel Exhaust System - Custom stainless using Magnaflow muffler and tip.

• Engine Management Calibration

• All Necessary Gaskets & Fluids

• Hennessey Exterior Badging

• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaque

Lots of other small tweaks and parts are in there too.

The conversion took 6 weeks, and was turn-key perfect when I picked it up. The install looks 100% factory, and runs and sounds incredible.

Hennessey does all of their tuning on the dyno. I have the dyno sheet in hand - The truck makes ~400rwhp and ~420rwtq.

0-60mph = 5.6 seconds
1/4 = 14.1

2) 6" Zone Lift kit - Installed by my local place Southern Offroad ( http://www.southernoffroad.com ). The install is very, very clean, but still needs some inner wheel well trimming. Nothing drastic.

3) 20" Rockstars - I know they're played out, but where I live, you never see them, and besides, I like them.

4) Nitto 35" Trail Grapplers.

5) Superlift traction bars - We had some problems getting them installed, so Superlift is sending out a different set of brackets. Should have them in on Tuesday.

(Click the thumbnail for a larger image)

Old 07-24-2010, 03:01 PM
Man your short..........truck looks good though

Old 07-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by pineapple2468
Man your short..........truck looks good though

That's the future owner, my son Indy. He's 10, and has had more fun with cars and trucks in his 10 years than most of us have in a lifetime.

The first car he ever used a creeper to roll under was before his first birthday - I was building this:

Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 PM
ECP
Are the 0-60 and 1/4 times with the lift and 35s?

Truck looks great! Tastefully done, I wouldn't do anything else.

Old 07-24-2010, 04:11 PM

The truck looks good. What are you running for gears with the 35's?

Old 07-24-2010, 04:18 PM
Your truck is perfect IMO. It not only has the look but it has some power to. Can you give us more details on your set up: Are your headers longtubes or shorties, what type of programmer was used to tune the truck? Pics of the exhaust system would be great. Thanks and again...... awesome truck!!

Last edited by used2vtec; 07-24-2010 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-24-2010, 04:28 PM
very nice ride

Old 07-24-2010, 04:32 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Really, really beautiful! It's great to see a truck that has an integrated set of mods that all work together rather than some of the things people do without understanding the consequences.

- Jack

Old 07-24-2010, 04:35 PM
Nice truck!!

Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 PM
What was the pricetag on the Hennessey conversion?

Old 07-24-2010, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by ECP
Are the 0-60 and 1/4 times with the lift and 35s?

Truck looks great! Tastefully done, I wouldn't do anything else.
The times are for 35" tires and 4.10 gears - Essentially the VelociRaptor. My gears aren't as low, but I am converting them over - Read below....

Once the traction bars are on, I'll take it to the track and get some 1/4 passes on it - I'll shoot video and post it.

Originally Posted by DeereGeff
The truck looks good. What are you running for gears with the 35's?
3.55's, but I am swapping these out for a 4.x (locker for the rear) - Looking at my options right now. With the 6 speed trans and the 35's, it could use some lower gears, and most especially a true rear locker.

Originally Posted by used2vtec
Your truck is perfect IMO. It not only has the look but it has some power to. Can you give us more details on your set up: Are your headers longtubes or shorties, what type of programmer was used to tune the truck? Pics of the exhaust system would be great. Thanks and again...... awesome truck!!
Headers are JBA shorties that drop into the collector in pretty much the stock location, but all of the tubing is now custom stainless.

The programmer used to load the tune was an SCT. Of course, it has a completely custom tune in it from Hennessey.

I'll get some more pics of the exhaust and other areas and post them in a bit... It's raining here and I don't want to crawl under it right now.

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
Really, really beautiful! It's great to see a truck that has an integrated set of mods that all work together rather than some of the things people do without understanding the consequences.
Very good point. Everything done to the engine was done and confirmed on the dyno. All of the components make a balanced set, and all tuned as one. It makes a huge difference.

Originally Posted by BLUEBEAST06FX4
What was the pricetag on the Hennessey conversion?
I worked with them originally as doing a Velociraptor conversion to a non Raptor truck (Raptor has the same engine and trans). They created a new "package" for the straight F-150 (this is the one you see on their site). It's 100% identical to the VelociRaptor conversion with maybe the only difference being slightly more SS used on the length of the exhaust

They do all of the work at their shop in TX, and handle everything (and I mean everything), and treated me extremely well.

Price out the door was $14,900.

b.

Old 07-24-2010, 08:51 PM
Wow that hits the bank account pretty hard lol but i bet it was well worth it!!

Do they have an option to use LT headers instead of shorties?

I forgot to say but your truck looks great!!!

Old 07-24-2010, 09:03 PM
That truck looks great

Old 07-24-2010, 10:01 PM
Truck looks awesome, love the color and the wheel choice. However I'm a bit underwhelmed by the performance numbers. You could of bought a loaded F250 with a diesel, did a dpf delete and programmer and been running low 13's (even with 35" tires), had a bigger cab, more towing capability, and probably better gas mileage to boot. And there is a good chance you would of spent less money too.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Originally Posted by cditch13
Truck looks awesome, love the color and the wheel choice. However I'm a bit underwhelmed by the performance numbers. You could of bought a loaded F250 with a diesel, did a dpf delete and programmer and been running low 13's (even with 35" tires), had a bigger cab, more towing capability, and probably better gas mileage to boot. And there is a good chance you would of spent less money too.
Yes to everything but the bigger cab part. We have an '09 F350 and there is no comparison to the size of my F150 Screw's cab. I actually wish Ford would make the SD's cab more spacious like they've done with the F150. He would also have to sacrifice a great deal of comfort with the F250.

Quick Reply: My 2010 Hennessey F-150 Platinum - Over 500hp, over 520ft/lb tq