2009 - 2014 F-150

New SuperCrew Raptor

Old 05-12-2010, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New SuperCrew Raptor

This thing is amazing.

Click through all of the pages and watch the video.

Quote:
"We thought the longer wheelbase would degrade the off-road performance, but that's not the case," says Johnson of the SuperCrew Raptor. The SVT team specified a quicker steering ratio from the get-go, but the real key to making the SuperCrew work off-road, says Johnson, has been to dial more low to mid-compression damping into the shocks. "That has speeded up the transitions," Johnson says. "The short-wheelbase truck feels nimble and a bit on edge. The long wheelbase is still nimble, but it's calmer, more relaxed. Yaw, pitch, and roll motions are slower.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rew/index.html

Last edited by Rambo; 05-13-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:34 PM
to satisfy the grocery getter street queens

Old 05-12-2010, 04:04 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by GreenBuck50
to satisfy the grocery getter street queens
absolutely wrong. to satisfy the guys with families and kids that still love to offroad and can't afford to have a offroad dedicated-only vehicle. That and for the people that enjoy taking others in their truck while offroading without cramming them in like sardines....

Old 05-12-2010, 04:31 PM
I am so PUMPED about this. Will buy it as soon as it comes off the trailer.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by jcrew2
I am so PUMPED about this. Will buy it as soon as it comes off the trailer.
If you want one you better find a dealer and order it. If you wait till one rolls off the trailer you can expect to pay MSRP or better.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:20 PM
x2 on what zso said. My dealer ordered two and they never made it to the lot. They were traded and sold elsewhere.

Old 05-12-2010, 06:08 PM
holy hell, i am IN LOVE.. Although i would LOVE to have one, the type of offroading i do, well it would be a waste. All i will be doing is mudding and some trails, absolutly NOWHERE in Iowa or the midwest for that matter to actually use one of these to their full potential.

Old 05-12-2010, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PACNW-F150
x2 on what zso said. My dealer ordered two and they never made it to the lot. They were traded and sold elsewhere.
You must be talking about the regular raptor. The supercrew is just a prototype so no way your dealer ordered 2....

Old 05-12-2010, 07:33 PM
Cool Thanks, Rambo.

Interesting. Surprised they continue to re-imagine the Raptor for two reasons.

1. If it's a tiny fraction of sales, why spend the money?
2. If 2011 is the last year for the current model, why spend the money?
(Why not spend it on making a Crew Raptor for the new '12 instead?)

The last question interests me the most. Very interesting indeed.

PS I tried paying special attention to the interior shots to see what they were hinting at for a new F150 2011 option, but even on pause couldn't discern anything. Looks like the same orange reflector piece on front of side-views, still no real LED turn signals there. Also didn't appear to have MyFord Touch either, which is very dissapointing.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by zsommer79
If you want one you better find a dealer and order it. If you wait till one rolls off the trailer you can expect to pay MSRP or better.
I wonder when they will start the ordering process? I will be there to get it ordered.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Nice!! I love the Raptor period

Old 05-13-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
PS I tried paying special attention to the interior shots to see what they were hinting at for a new F150 2011 option, but even on pause couldn't discern anything. Looks like the same orange reflector piece on front of side-views, still no real LED turn signals there. Also didn't appear to have MyFord Touch either, which is very dissapointing.
Have you seen the new LCD screen for the dash? That is probably one of the items they are referring to. Gotta wait for the redesign for everything else you want I guess.

Old 05-13-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Interesting. Surprised they continue to re-imagine the Raptor for two reasons.

1. If it's a tiny fraction of sales, why spend the money?
2. If 2011 is the last year for the current model, why spend the money?
(Why not spend it on making a Crew Raptor for the new '12 instead?)

The last question interests me the most. Very interesting indeed.

I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but maybe it's because the public seems to be responding to Ford's initiatives to outperform and outclass their competitors?

Ford has improved their interior designs by leaps and bounds over the last several years. Look at what they're doing with their engine line-up. More power and better fuel economy. Look at the Mustang - performance I would've never imagined in a base model GT (I say base loosely) + all the special packages (CS, Mach I, Bullitt, Cobra, GT500, etc.).

And Ford's not looking for govt bailouts. They're posting rather nice sales figures when other manufacturers are struggling.

I think a lot of it has to do with their 'image' and these special packages only help boost that image.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
Have you seen the new LCD screen for the dash?
Is it the same as the "LCD Productivity Screen" on the '11 Superduty? That's sharp!

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/s...otos/interior/

Last edited by BlacknTan; 05-13-2010 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Thumbs up Ford kickin' it, and takin' names!

I noticed that on the Fiesta they are touting the avaialble side-view front-mounted turn signals! Hahahah. We've been complaining about that since 2009 on the F-150.

Did you see all the cool stuff on the new Police Interceptor and not-yet-announced Police SUV vehicle? Very cool. They talked about how wide the rear doors open on the new Interceptor, it made me laugh, because the indents on the driver door of the F150 suck big time - too tight or waaay open. And they aren't afraid to throw LED's all over it, the lightbar is almost as nice as mine, but yet they can't figure out how to add LED tails to the F150. Go figure.

At any rate, besides the F150 feeling very outdated, very quickly, Ford is doing an absolute incredible job with their vehicles, and I give them a crapload of credit! Two thumbs up, FoMoCo! (Just hope they don't keep ignoring the F150 as they continue to improve everything else).

Oh, almost forgot. Did you see the new Noise detection thing they use now to find wind noise, creaks, rattles, etc. in their vehciles? Supposedly they started using in on some 2010MY vehicles. That is VERY cool. Perhaps the next F-150 will finally not have any of these darn annoying squeeky's in them. I can picture the computer screen now, all green wavy lines, and then a huge red spot right next to drivers door/head area. LOL. Fix it!!! No more noise, please!!!

Last edited by CometFlash; 05-15-2010 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Forgot Noise thing too! Go FMC!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New SuperCrew Raptor