Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:
Advertisement

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-20-2010, 12:51 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Lightbulb Change settings for tpms??

Does anyone possibly know how to change the settings of the TPMS? I would like to if possible, to change the psi settings closer to the manufactures recommended psi, so whenever it drops a little but enough the light will come on..

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2010, 01:10 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to Deano-FX4
short answer, no

long answer, no
Old 02-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4 View Post
short answer, no

long answer, no
Okay... Well first of all how do they work?
Old 02-20-2010, 08:11 PM
Garage is empty, add now

On the 07-08, with the strap on sensors, I believe they were set to show a problem at a specific pressure. On the 09 up, per the owners manual and from what experiences I have had, the may go off at a specific pressure, but also set an error if the pressure is reduced by a certain percentage. I have had mine go off just because of cold temperatures.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Send a message via ICQ to Deano-FX4
when you fill all wheels to a equal pressure then reset the tpms , the system knows that pressure whether it is 20, 35, 50 psi it puts a value to what ever the pressure is so the system will know when some things is wrong. but at the same time you can not set all the wheels to different pressures and try and reset the system.

now based off that value and also off wheel speed the tpms will know when a tire is low, and it usually takes 3-5 psi change in one wheel to set the light.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:01 PM
2008 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2008 Ford F150
MY 08 sensors would go of if the pressure innany tire went below 30psi.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2011 FX4
Send a message via AIM to ibcop
I have had soooo many lights with what is supposed to be "cold weather". At least that is what the dealer tells me. I am very **** about tire pressure and it's a weekend check. I know my pressure is right, but I still get the light. I have resorted to taking cell phone pics when I get the error. The dealer claims it because "it's cold outside" I say bull. Never had this problem until the dealer rotated the tires. So when I show them the pics of me doing 80mph with all the gauges in the normals ranges, they dont know what to say. I personally would rather not have the damn thing. The dealer also claims unless the light is on, they can't reset the TPMS. I even called Ford customer relations and the rep there told me "when it's cold outside, your tire will loose pressure - the light is so you add more air". Holy crap!
Old 02-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcop View Post
I have had soooo many lights with what is supposed to be "cold weather". At least that is what the dealer tells me. I am very **** about tire pressure and it's a weekend check. I know my pressure is right, but I still get the light. I have resorted to taking cell phone pics when I get the error. The dealer claims it because "it's cold outside" I say bull. Never had this problem until the dealer rotated the tires. So when I show them the pics of me doing 80mph with all the gauges in the normals ranges, they dont know what to say. I personally would rather not have the damn thing. The dealer also claims unless the light is on, they can't reset the TPMS. I even called Ford customer relations and the rep there told me "when it's cold outside, your tire will loose pressure - the light is so you add more air". Holy crap!
That would drive me crazy too. I am also pretty **** about tire pressure. Gotta make sure your truck is ridding at best and also getting that mpg hahaha
Old 02-21-2010, 04:42 PM
2009 Ford F-150

This might start a massive urination contest, but I've had nitrogen in my tires since June 16th (dealer did it for free when I bought the truck) and my pressure has never varied by more than 1 PSI (high or low).

Just sayin...

My fuel mileage: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/shotgun/f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDfan View Post
"The Spoon Department is now closed. Please proceed to the Self-Help Department, 3 doors down. Door is unlocked, but you will need to turn the **** and actually open the door yerself. Otherwise, be prepared to stand in the hallway unnoticed for a very long time."
Old 02-21-2010, 04:47 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunz View Post
This might start a massive urination contest, but I've had nitrogen in my tires since June 16th (dealer did it for free when I bought the truck) and my pressure has never varied by more than 1 PSI (high or low).

Just sayin...
Yeah that nitrogen is awesome, I'm jealous the dealership included that in for you. I might have to look into that.
Old 02-21-2010, 05:13 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F-150
Oh Jesus here we go:

Anyone running nitrogen in tires
Nitrogen filled tires? Worth it?
http://www.f150online.com/forums/200...gen-tires.html
nitrogen vs air
Nitrogen Air Fill??
Nitrogen in tires
Old 02-21-2010, 05:16 PM
2009 Ford F-150

Old 02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

mab instead I'll go spend that on a few beers, if you know what I'm sayin

How do you improve the appearance of a Chevy?
Park it between two Fords =D
Old 02-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F150
Dang!! How cold does it get in Georgia? I know that the ambient temperature has an impact on air in the tires. However why isn't it affecting others in even colder climates i.e. upstate New york? Somebody must be off on understanding your question or problem. Maybe take it to another dealer. Hmmm
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2010 Ford F-150
Send a message via AIM to used2vtec
After reading this I should go out and check my pressure. Ive had my truck since October and havent checked the pressure yet. No lights yet though, in the past I have just waited until the light came on and then added some air.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:25 PM