2009 - 2014 F-150

How do I take apart the side mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How do I take apart the side mirrors?

Does anyone know how (pics would be nice) to take apart the side mirrors. I am talking about removing the mirror glass, and getting access to the guts of the mirror. I want to try to figure out a way to put LED's behind the amber reflector on the front of the mirrors so that they will have some purpose besides looking like crap. I have searched and have no luck.

Thanks

Old 02-03-2010, 10:09 PM
You pry off the mirror - tilt it all the way down and look behind there and you will see some little clippys.

Old 02-04-2010, 09:36 AM
Here is a good source for information on how to remove the glass. You will need a long, very thin-bladed flat screwdriver and about the only way to loosen the glass is working from the outside bottom of the mirror and, once you get the mirror glass to separate, keep the mirror tilted the same way and start working the screwdriver alternately in both directions around the attaching plate. You will hear creaking as the clips release and all of a suden it will pop off.
http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000960.pdf

Old 02-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by GoingGoingGone
Here is a good source for information on how to remove the glass. You will need a long, very thin-bladed flat screwdriver and about the only way to loosen the glass is working from the outside bottom of the mirror and, once you get the mirror glass to separate, keep the mirror tilted the same way and start working the screwdriver alternately in both directions around the attaching plate. You will hear creaking as the clips release and all of a suden it will pop off.
http://www.kwmuth.com/techsupport/pdfs/21000960.pdf
Going... Thanks alot that doc will help alot.

Quick Reply: How do I take apart the side mirrors?