Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New owner: Sync/podcast question

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New owner: Sync/podcast question

Hey everyone!
Well, I finally took the plunge and traded in my 97 F150 SCAB for a '10 SCREW on Saturday! The old truck served me well, and had 195000 miles on it. We limped into the dealer....

Anyway, I have a question about Sync: When I receive a call on it, the volume for the phone is turned all the way down and I have to manually turn it up. Is there a way to set the volume to come on at a certain level when a call is being placed? This occurs even if I am listening to the radio at a high volume. When the phone rings, I can barely hear the caller until I turn it up.
Also, I listen to several podcasts. Can I choose them on my Ipod Classic using the wheel while connected via USB?
Thanks!

Old 03-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats on the new truck.

Head on over to syncmyride.com and check out the owner-to-owner forums.

I'm pretty sure you can find answers to both of your questions.

The phone volume issue is phone/carrier dependent.

The podcasts will work, but I don't think they work well (I don't listen to them).

Old 03-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mountaineerfan1
Hey everyone!
Well, I finally took the plunge and traded in my 97 F150 SCAB for a '10 SCREW on Saturday! The old truck served me well, and had 195000 miles on it. We limped into the dealer....

Anyway, I have a question about Sync: When I receive a call on it, the volume for the phone is turned all the way down and I have to manually turn it up. Is there a way to set the volume to come on at a certain level when a call is being placed? This occurs even if I am listening to the radio at a high volume. When the phone rings, I can barely hear the caller until I turn it up.
Also, I listen to several podcasts. Can I choose them on my Ipod Classic using the wheel while connected via USB?
Thanks!
Hi, my Verizon Droid does this as well, and I believe it is something to do with bluetooth. I have gotten used to it. (the phone isn't turned all the way down though, but I need to turn up the volume when the call is connected.

As for podcasts, you cannot use the ipod when it is connected. What I do, for my favorite podcasts, is to set them to specific genre's, that way I can use the voice commands. (I do this since I have so many items on my ipod, and there isn't enough memory in the sync system to index all of my music, so it won't index the track names.)

Kimo

Old 03-08-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Verizon BlackBerry Curve did the exact same thing. However, I upgraded to a Verizon BlackBerry Storm and the volume problem went completely away. I think its a phone thing since I didn't change carriers.

Quick Reply: New owner: Sync/podcast question