2009 - 2014 F-150

Brake dust shield / covers

Old 12-09-2009, 08:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used a lot of ThermoQuiets for my shop. I found they had less friction than stock and faded sooner. The rotor covers seem like they would also make the brakes run hotter or give less airflow. Obviously you can see I am a performance person. These may not be factors for easy drivers. Most ceramic blended pads are low dust but do put a lot of heat in the rotors...

Old 12-10-2009, 01:02 AM
How come F1 cars run full ceramic pads if they FADE ?

Old 12-10-2009, 09:52 AM
Would someone post some photos of the Kleen Wheels installed? I'd like to see how noticable they are. I have 20" wheels on my Platinum and I can see they are covered with brake dust in just a couple of days of minor driving. I would probably get the black ones as they would most likely make the spokes stand out more and not look so tacky if they were painted some 'off' color.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:59 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by EricG1
They also have slotted and drilled rotors. It's a total different setup for heat and gases that you don't get under normal driving.

Old 12-10-2009, 10:02 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by Grunthunter
Would someone post some photos of the Kleen Wheels installed? I'd like to see how noticable they are. I have 20" wheels on my Platinum and I can see they are covered with brake dust in just a couple of days of minor driving. I would probably get the black ones as they would most likely make the spokes stand out more and not look so tacky if they were painted some 'off' color.
Most of us eliminate the brake dust by replacing the cheap factory pads with a high quality pad such as ThermoQuiet. I just installed my second set after 82,000 miles on the first set. They were not completly gone either and never any dust.

Old 12-10-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by EricG1
They run carbon composite rotors and do not stop below 400 degrees. Ceramic pads overheat steel factory rotors... Street vs race is totally different spectrums...

Old 08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
Thumbs up Dust covers

Finally put the Kleen wheels on when I rotated the tires. After a few weeks it has REALLY made a BIG difference and cut down on brake dust. Usually within a few days after a wash you can see brake dust, and after a week of so it really sticks out how dark front wheels on Platinum are compared to the rear.
I am very satisfied with the results.... Only drawback I see is covers are directional like some treads, so they only rotate one way. When you rotate tires you need to change the cover when you switch sides. A small thing overall. Do like them a lot.

Guys you were right on ! Thanks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Brake dust shield / covers