2009 - 2014 F-150

Factory Remote Start Alarm Sensitivity Adjustment?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory Remote Start Alarm Sensitivity Adjustment?

Hey guys,

I am trying to adjust the sensitivity of the light tap on my factory remote start alarm. I go by the instructions and cannot get into learn mode. I have all the doors shut and put the key in the ignition to on and then hold the bypass button with nothing happening.

Anybody know what is going on here?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Are you holding the bypass button down long enough? Did you try hitting lock and unlock and see if it adjusts the levels?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:50 PM
your supposed to have the driver's door open and then hold in the button to access the programming options:

#1). Locate Override button coming from Powercode Module (usually mounted in driver’s side kick panel or under dash).
#2). Open driver’s door and turn key to ON position.
#3). Press and hold Override Button until horn chirps.
#4). Press again until FOUR chirps are heard. This is option bank #1.
#5). Press button THREE (scroll down) to select first option in option bank #1.
The horn will chirp once to indicate first option in option bank #1.
This is the Lite Touch Adjustment Programming Option. When in this programming option the vehicle will CHIRP the
horn when an impact is detected.
To test and adjust current sensitivity level: Start with a light tap on outer rim of steering wheel with open palm of hand.
Gradually increase force of tap until horn chirp is detected. This should be set to chirp at a Light to Medium Impact
level.
Pressing UNLOCK button on Powercode transmitter will decrease sensitivity. Pressing LOCK will increase sensitivity.
#6). When properly adjusted Press button THREE (scroll down) to select second option in option bank #1. The horn will
chirp twice to indicate second option in option bank #1.
This is the Full Shock Adjustment Programming Option. When in this programming option the vehicle will CHIRP the
To test and adjust current sensitivity level: Start with a light tap on outer rim of steering wheel with open palm of hand.
Gradually increase force of tap until horn chirp is detected. This should be set to chirp at a High impact level.
Pressing UNLOCK button on Powercode transmitter will decrease sensitivity. Pressing LOCK will increase sensitivity.
Only a High impact of open hand on steering wheel should cause a chirp. Light to Medium impacts need to be adjusted
down by pressing the UNLOCK button on Powercode key fob.
#7). When completed, turn key to OFF.
#8). Arm system and recheck the new settings.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Yea I am holding it long enough. I hold it for like 2-3 minutes lol. And nothing happens when I do the unlock other than unlock the truck. It worked one time before and I was adjusting it but no matter how many times I hit the unlock and banged the wheel the sensitivity would barely pick up my hitting. After that one time I could never get back into adjusting it.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:52 PM
you should have the install/tech file that I emailed you that has this info and the option bank info in there. If you don't just let me know and I'll send it.

pressing Unlock actually decreases the sensitivity. You have to press the Lock button to INCREASE the sensitivity!

Old 10-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
your supposed to have the driver's door open and then hold in the button to access the programming options:

#1). Locate Override button coming from Powercode Module (usually mounted in driver’s side kick panel or under dash).
#2). Open driver’s door and turn key to ON position.
#3). Press and hold Override Button until horn chirps.
#4). Press again until FOUR chirps are heard. This is option bank #1.
#5). Press button THREE (scroll down) to select first option in option bank #1.
The horn will chirp once to indicate first option in option bank #1.
This is the Lite Touch Adjustment Programming Option. When in this programming option the vehicle will CHIRP the
Gradually increase force of tap until horn chirp is detected. This should be set to chirp at a Light to Medium Impact
level.
#6). When properly adjusted Press button THREE (scroll down) to select second option in option bank #1. The horn will
chirp twice to indicate second option in option bank #1.
This is the Full Shock Adjustment Programming Option. When in this programming option the vehicle will CHIRP the
Gradually increase force of tap until horn chirp is detected. This should be set to chirp at a High impact level.
Only a High impact of open hand on steering wheel should cause a chirp. Light to Medium impacts need to be adjusted
down by pressing the UNLOCK button on Powercode key fob.
#7). When completed, turn key to OFF.
#8). Arm system and recheck the new settings.
It actually says to have the door closed.

Shock Sensor Setting
1. Close the driver door and turn the ignition key
to the ON position.

2. Press and hold the override button until the
horn honks.

3. Press and hold the override button until the
horn honks four times. This is option bank 1.

4. Select the first option in option bank 1, which
is the Lite Touch adjustment programming
option. Press button 3 on the key fob.

5. To test and adjust the current sensitivity level,
start by tapping on the outer rim of the steering
wheel with the palm of your hand, gradually
increase the force of the taps until the horn
honk is detected. this should be set to honk at a
light to medium impact level. To adjust the
level, press Unlock on the key fob to decrease
the sensitivity or press Lock to increase the
sensitivity.

6. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position.

7. Arm the system and check the new settings.

Old 10-09-2009, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
you should have the install/tech file that I emailed you that has this info and the option bank info in there. If you don't just let me know and I'll send it.

pressing Unlock actually decreases the sensitivity. You have to press the Lock button to INCREASE the sensitivity!
Ahh! Ok Lock it is! But I need to be able to get back in there lol. I have the files and went step by step but cannot get pass step #2.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:01 PM
oh, I just checked and see that you are going by the 2009 file. apparently that is wrong. The door should be opened, not closed.

what I pasted above is from the 07-08 install file.

Old 10-10-2009, 01:28 AM
Got it fixed thanks guys!

Old 02-21-2021, 10:58 PM
r150 alarm

How did you fix it. I cant get my truck started need to find the override button. thanks

Old 02-23-2021, 09:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Exclamation

ecchavez ...
*HEADS-UP* You've replied/posted to a 12-year thread in the 2009 - 2014 F-150 forum providing no vehicle information.

HINT/TIP: Put your vehicle information (year, model, cab, trim, engine, wheelbase, _x4 drive, mileage, modifications, etc., etc.) in your signature -OR- provide it in your posting(s).

» Edit Signature «

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Remote Start Alarm Sensitivity Adjustment?