2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Quick TPMS question

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 11:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quick TPMS question

I was gonna get some new wheels put on this weekend but I never ordered TPMS sensors. Just figured I'd live with the light but now I'm second guessing it. How many miles does it take for the light to come on? I've read some that if the wheels with the sensors are within 15 miles the light won't come on. And my job is only 10 miles away so I figure it would only be a problem in the winter and when I am farther away. Tasca has them for $35 a piece. The thing is my stock wheels will be on in the winter months so I would have the stock set of sensors along with possibly a new set too. As far as reprogramming them, will just a magnet work or do I actually need the little reset tool? What have you done if you've changed wheels and kept a winter set of wheels?

Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I purchased an extra set of sensors and a reset tool. All can be purchased for about $150. The 09's use the sensor attached to the valve stem, which you get when you order the senor kit. Cost is $34.34 each from Tasca. Sensor is about $20. Instructions on how to reset with the new sensors is in the owners manual.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the light comes on instantaneously as so as the truck is started. i would recommend you put the sensors in the new wheels.

Quick Reply: Quick TPMS question