Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:

Old 06-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2002 Ford F-150 5.4L
2WD vs 4WD Suspension Question

Is there really any difference between a 2 and 4WD other than the obvious fact that the 4 has an axle up front?? I realize spring rates may be slightly different, but everything else should be darn near identical.

My dad had an '04 2WD and a '07 4WD and he swears the driving difference between the two was night and day. (trucks were identical besides those two facts)

just really thinking about a 2WD next time around since the 2 probably tows slightly more, it's cheaper, lifts are probably the same and available, and my truck hasn't been in 4WD in two plus years!

Any thoughts?
Old 06-22-2009, 10:02 PM
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F 150
I don't know the differences between the two, but there is a big difference when behind the wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
Nothing screams poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24 View Post
Damn that looks good! I want to do that to my rear end at some point. Always loved the shaved rears :rocker:
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2013 Ford F-150
Actually a great question and something I've often wondered...what the specific differences are between two otherwise identically equipped F-150's, 4x2 and the 4x4. I always end up with the 4x4 "just in case" and rarely ever use it...but for some reason the stance and looks are preferrable to me....even though I know the 4x4 is heavier, less efficient and more expensive, I still buy it.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:25 PM