Go Back   F150online Forums > F-Series Trucks > 2009 - 2014 F-150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

2009 - 2014 F-150 SPONSORED BY:
Advertisement

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 05-20-2009, 05:43 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 F150 Screw
2009 OEM backup camera wiring

For anyone interested, here are the pin and wire color assignments (on the camera harness) for the 2009 OEM camera. I believe the pin locations are the same as the 2008 camera.

Click the image to open in full size.

I ordered two OEM cameras off ebay. $70 each including the Ford emblems and bezels. Bench tested them today and they work great. Better picture quality than just about any aftermarket camera I've seen and the OEM camera has the guide lines which I think is helpful for those that tow trailers. I think the total for the parts from the dealer is more than $200-$300 so I'm happy.

Now if I could just find such a deal for the OEM LCD monitor rear view mirror.
Old 05-20-2009, 05:54 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F-150
sounds cool. The view in the mirror seems a little small, what about running the feed to your own small monitor mounted somewhere on your dash? Maybe in the upper corner of dash like where people mount the Edge tuner pod? Then it would be easy for you to use your side mirror and custom monitor at the same time backing up?

Old Ride: 04' Silver/DSG FX4 Screw
Old 05-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 ford f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by v_tach View Post
For anyone interested, here are the pin and wire color assignments (on the camera harness) for the 2009 OEM camera. I believe the pin locations are the same as the 2008 camera.

I ordered two OEM cameras off ebay. $70 each including the Ford emblems and bezels. Bench tested them today and they work great. Better picture quality than just about any aftermarket camera I've seen and the OEM camera has the guide lines which I think is helpful for those that tow trailers. I think the total for the parts from the dealer is more than $200-$300 so I'm happy.

Now if I could just find such a deal for the OEM LCD monitor rear view mirror.
V_tach......could you please share the ebay link for the oem cameras and thanks for the connector info. I bought my FX4 loaded but it was without the cam. It has the nav screen so I am hoping to figure out how to get it working with that.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:30 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I've considered other monitor options. I have a nice stand a lone 3.5" monitor now I could use if it comes down to that.

I'm leaning toward the Gentex mirror with the 3.5" monitor built-in like the factory 2.4" monitor. I'll just have to mount a separate microphone fro the Sync.

Still keeping my options.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:34 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jac4x4 View Post
V_tach......could you please share the ebay link for the oem cameras...
current ebay link for 2009 OEM camera
Old 05-20-2009, 07:17 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 F150
I have one I want to install. How do you get the old one off of the tailgate?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:24 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I just pryed mine off with a flat head screwdriver.....came off pretty easy, turns out the seal wasnt that great anyway, had a bunch of water buildup in there. I attached the new emblem with some outdoor double sided tape...i just did it today so I hope it stays on pretty good, seems solid so far...
Old 05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 ford f150
Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermdia View Post
I just pryed mine off with a flat head screwdriver.....came off pretty easy, turns out the seal wasnt that great anyway, had a bunch of water buildup in there. I attached the new emblem with some outdoor double sided tape...i just did it today so I hope it stays on pretty good, seems solid so far...
What are you using for the wiring harness/mating connector?
Old 05-20-2009, 07:35 PM
Garage is empty, add now

I personally havent gotten that far yet....hopefully someone on here can give insight on that, i am not an electrical type person, so i need help on that...I am still trying to decide which way to go with the video portion in the cab (rearview mirror or drop down from sunglass holder).
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by christophermdia View Post
I just pryed mine off with a flat head screwdriver...
How is the original attached? Any pics?

I've ordered a few Weather-Pack 4-pin and 5-pin connectors. I'm using shielded cable for the video so I'll use the shield wire (pin 2) on the camera's harness thus I'll need a 5-pin connector. Shielded cable isn't necessary but I already have a 1,000' roll.

Weather-Pack 5-pin

Weather-Pack 4-pin

Can order them from RJM Injection technologies.

McMaster-Carr has 1, 2, 3, and 4-pin flat versions.

Last edited by v_tach; 05-20-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Good deal. I paid $75 for mine and was happy to get it at that price. There is an OEM mirror on Ebay right now. I'd be tempted but I already bought an Audiovox 3.5" monitor. The audiovox will fit in the forward sunglass holder by the way. I'm going to trim some of the plastic away. I'll probably also either use a mercury switch so that when I open it the video turns on automatically or a small switch I can hit after opening. Since my primary purpose is trailer hookup, I want to be able to control when its on.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:41 PM
Garage is empty, add now

The mirror is the same seller as I bought my cameras. The same person has more than one ebay account.

I planned on mounting my 3.5" monitor in the sunglass holder but I've since mounted an XM receiver there. I think the sunglass holder is a great location for a monitor but I really like the rear view mirror route.
Old 05-21-2009, 02:50 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 Ford F150
Did my part numbers work for the rear view?

2009 XLT SuperCrew 5.4 L 6.5 Bed - Dark Blue Pearl
Ford OEM Tow Mirrors
Digital fit floor mats
XM radio in overhead
20" flipdown DVD player
gameport/Power connect pillar
USB glove bx mod
Ford bed liner
Cargo Cage/Bed Extender
Fuel plug
Side kick steps
Fast Tops Shell - PTM Head liner dome light
Black aqua turf carpet in the bed for the 2 Labs
Hobie Pro Angler
Old 05-21-2009, 08:14 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2009 F150
Was your old one a camera emblem? I just need to take off the old camera emblem and replace it with a new one. Thanks.

Actually found the answer here:
http://www.justanswer.com/questions/...eceived-answer

Last edited by rado888; 05-21-2009 at 09:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandydiego View Post
Did my part numbers work for the rear view?
The number was very close and yes it was helpful, thanks!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 AM