2009 - 2014 F-150

Rearview Camera Wiring Idea - Will it Work??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rearview Camera Wiring Idea - Will it Work??

So I have a leased trunk want to minimize the work to install a aftermarket nav and tailgate camera.

I already have the tailgate camera and rear wiring harness.

Here is what I am thinking. Can I cut up the rear harness so I am only left with the camera wiring and the main harness connector (leaving 6" pigtails), then buy a new main harness end connector and splice to what I have left of the rear harness.

This would make the camera basically plug and play, that way I can install and remove by simply removing this new splice.

What do you guys think?
Can you buy a new end connector for the main harness with pigtails?
(P/N anyone)

Hope this makes sense. Here is a quick sketch to hopefully clarify a bit. The connectors are colored, so that you can see the 2 greens would be the sames and the 2 reds would be the same.

Last edited by Btrand; 10-18-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if you need to have the T harness or not as my 2009 has a connector already located at the rear of the truck near the tailgate. This connector is there to allow removing the tailgate by simply unplugging it. You should also have a "dummy" connector to plug into the harness to keep dirt out of it when the tailgate is removed. Check right above the spare tire and you should see the connector and wiring which leads to the tailgate.

Quick Reply: Rearview Camera Wiring Idea - Will it Work??