2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Cooled seats....weird feeling?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 10:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cooled seats....weird feeling?

The weather has been nice here in FL so I tried out the cooled seats a few times. The idea of cooled seats is interesting but even on the lowest setting, it feels not right. The best way I describe it is that it feels damp and cool, not the best feeling for me. Anybody else feel the same way?

Old 03-24-2009, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
The weather has been nice here in FL so I tried out the cooled seats a few times. The idea of cooled seats is interesting but even on the lowest setting, it feels not right. The best way I describe it is that it feels damp and cool, not the best feeling for me. Anybody else feel the same way?
I haven't tried the cooled seats in my truck yet, but it felt like I wet my pants in my IS 350.

Old 03-25-2009, 12:37 AM
I'd rather have a heated steering wheel like the new frowning-droopy-sad ram has. [Poor ram, you look more droopy-sad than even the slightly droopy-frown tundra.] I'd also like it to rmst the heated seats & steering wheel like the ram as well.

I'm sure I'll play around with the cooled seats when I get mine later this week and post some thoughts.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:02 AM
Lol comet really! A heated steering wheel. I dont think i ever thought about needing one of them. My wife would prob love that as she got bad circulation and is always cold. Get ya self some driveing gloves lol

Old 03-25-2009, 09:15 AM
gpo
Originally Posted by Barritia
Lol comet really! A heated steering wheel. I dont think i ever thought about needing one of them. My wife would prob love that as she got bad circulation and is always cold. Get ya self some driveing gloves lol
When its 30 below and 6 AM, heated anything helps a lot.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:23 AM
I just think it's pointless. Might as well just use a remote start and let ya truck warm up for 10 mins before you get into it. The whole cab will be nice and warm then.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:49 AM
gpo
If you had a remote starter then yes it would be fine. If you didn't, then it would come in handy in some cases.

Old 03-25-2009, 04:02 PM
not a problem for you northerners i guess but owt here in texas teh fancy remote start to warm your britches dont work to gewd when you go to sleep and its 80 and you have the AC pumping full cold and wake up in 40s. The only thing that fancy do'hickies gonna do is turn the AC on and make it a bit colder for you to enjoy

HOWEVER that fancy butt cooling system youz got is really nice in 100+ degree weather

Old 03-25-2009, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by ChromeZ
not a problem for you northerners i guess but owt here in texas teh fancy remote start to warm your britches dont work to gewd when you go to sleep and its 80 and you have the AC pumping full cold and wake up in 40s. The only thing that fancy do'hickies gonna do is turn the AC on and make it a bit colder for you to enjoy

HOWEVER that fancy butt cooling system youz got is really nice in 100+ degree weather
Don't forget, if you have the EATC system, your truck will always warm/cool to the temp it's set at. No need to worry at all what the temp will be like when you need to rmst, it'll always work towards your EATC setting.

Old 03-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by BIG_ole_TRUCK
I feel the same way - it is a weird sensation. I can only take it on the lowest setting, and then only for a maybe five minutes max. Feels like I've spilled an icy beverage down my pants.

Old 03-25-2009, 08:25 PM
I too felt that way (especially here in SoCal) until it was cold enoough to have light ice on my windows and the steering wheel heater combined with the heated seats was pure heaven!! (This is in my 5 series BMW). Seriously, I don't use it very often but when I do it's pretty sweet having a heated steering wheel

Old 03-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
I too felt that way (especially here in SoCal) until it was cold enoough to have light ice on my windows and the steering wheel heater combined with the heated seats was pure heaven!! (This is in my 5 series BMW). Seriously, I don't use it very often but when I do it's pretty sweet having a heated steering wheel
It would be heavenly here in MA.

BTW, my Plat has been built, is in transit, and is set to arrive Friday. They don't have splash guards that work with the power running boards yet, so they'll just need to install the drop-in bedliner and the remote start. Hopefully if all goes as planned I'll pick her up Saturday. I have a manager's meeting all day Friday anyways, so no getting out of that. Now, if it all works as planned... ::crosses fingers::

Old 03-28-2009, 12:32 AM
I have only driven the sales managers Platinum edition and I will have to say that I am not a big fan of having cold air blown on my Acorns....
I have not driven my new platinum screw yet but maybe in time I will get used to it

On the other hand NOT

Old 03-28-2009, 10:33 AM
Originally Posted by gpo
When its 30 below and 6 AM, heated anything helps a lot.
I couldn't agree more, especially this winter.

I just think it's pointless. Might as well just use a remote start and let ya truck warm up for 10 mins before you get into it. The whole cab will be nice and warm then.
I bet if Ford offered a heated steering wheel you'd be raving over it.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
I couldn't agree more, especially this winter.

I bet if Ford offered a heated steering wheel you'd be raving over it.

Not really. it impresses me about as much as heated seats. My wife loves them but i never use them. I do love the cooled seats though.

Quick Reply: Cooled seats....weird feeling?