2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HID wont work in AUTO mode...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HID wont work in AUTO mode...HELP

I recently installed new HIDs on my 09 King Ranch. I had already installed HID (low beam only) and worked fine in all modes but I wanted to do it right and bought a bi-xenon kit.

I installed the kit pretty quick, it was very straightforward and besides the extra cables for the relay harness everything was the same. They work and look perfect when I turn them on manually or in auto mode when the truck is off but as soon as I turn the ignition they go dark and will only work if I turn the switch off and on/auto again.

Has anyone else encountered the same problem? I read through some forums and found nothing but problems related to the fog lights and I never have the fog lights on or use them at all.

Please HELP?!?!?!? THANKS

Old 03-06-2010, 09:03 PM
have the same problem on the driver side for my bixenon kit. I have a 35w 6000k kit and sometimes when i start it the driver side doesnt come on, flip it off and back on and they come on and stay on. Installer checked the connections and said it was alll good but it happened again today

Emailed retrosolutions (company that sold the kit to me) and they said sometimes when in auto mode if the ballast does not recieve enough power it goes off and when u flick the switch off and back on the ballast retains some charge from the first time and is able to come on the second time. The fix he reccomended was to check the ground and maybe sand it down to make pure metal to metal contact. I'm gonna take another look at the wiring on monday. Not sure if what he said is the problem or not. good luck with yours.

Old 03-07-2010, 04:29 PM
I had issues with my Retro solutions kit too. Different issues, but had the same experiences with them. Check the grounds was the only help I got. Def going to find something else next time.

Old 03-07-2010, 07:29 PM
I checked the grounds, even removed all paint around them to make sure they were making good contact and still had the same problem. I figured if I found a voltage source that was protected against the drop(Radio/Nav) maybe that would solve the problem but I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to electrical stuff so I still haven't looked into it.
The next step is to find some shop that installs HIDs and see if they can help or just change it back to the low beam only.

Thanks for the replys

Quick Reply: HID wont work in AUTO mode...HELP