2009 - 2014 F-150

Looking for an 09 F-150 Lariat

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for an 09 F-150 Lariat

Hello to all! Well since posting in the buyers section didn't get much of the info I hoped for, I'll try posting here. I hope it is OK...

I am new to the forum so I'd appreciate a little bit of help. Basically I am looking into buying a new F-150 Lariat Edition fully loaded. What kind of price I should be looking at? What is a good deal? I built my F-150 online and got like $44k for MSRP and invoice price was around $40k I believe. Is that what I should bargain for or with this economy I can get a much better deal? I'll be paying cash for the truck so incentives on leasing/financing do me no good.
Any input will be appreciated.

Also I have another question... basically I am looking for a way to tow my mustang around. I've been looking at F-250 as well but I am kind of confused. With 5.4 V8 and 3.73 slip differential the towing capacity of it is like 11300, but F-250 with the same engine and I believe 4.10 diff ration (i may be wrong on this) the towing capacity is 11400. So basically it is only like 100 lbs difference? Or is there something I don't understand?

Any input would really help. Thanks a lot in advance!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 AM
You can go to this site and request an X-Plan pin number which will give you a price of a little bit less than invoice. Plus you get any of the cash back incentives.

http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45

Old 02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Hello i was going to do the same thing as you get a fully loaded lariat but after talking to my dealer who is also a friend of mine he told me the plat was only a few grand more and had every option i wanted but a couple as standard so i went that route and ordered it hopefully it will be here next month.if you shop around you can get a good deal on a plat my friend drives one and pulls his boat with it and has no problem towing so dont go the 250 route. hope this helps some.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:25 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Target should be $at least $9k off MSRP of $44k before TTL. That's what many people are getting on here. You should be able to negotiate less than invoice, then apply rebates. In 4 months, the target price will be $12k off MSRP.

You can pretty much ignore the Supercrew tow rating of 11k pounds. I don't know that it is worth discussing here, but it's almost a lie. It is practially impossible properly load an 11k pound trailer behind a Lariat Screw with a full tank of fuel and a couple passengers and stay under GVWR of the truck. 7-8k is a fine practical limit for most 1/2 tons and it has little to do with power/torque to move such weight. Towing even a heavy late model Mustang on most open flatbed car haulers is quite appropriate for a 1/2 ton truck. How much weight/equipment do you plan to put into the truck bed?

If you decide on an F250, skip the 5.4L and get the V10.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally Posted by APT
Target should be $at least $9k off MSRP of $44k before TTL. That's what many people are getting on here. You should be able to negotiate less than invoice, then apply rebates. In 4 months, the target price will be $12k off MSRP.

You can pretty much ignore the Supercrew tow rating of 11k pounds. I don't know that it is worth discussing here, but it's almost a lie. It is practially impossible properly load an 11k pound trailer behind a Lariat Screw with a full tank of fuel and a couple passengers and stay under GVWR of the truck. 7-8k is a fine practical limit for most 1/2 tons and it has little to do with power/torque to move such weight. Towing even a heavy late model Mustang on most open flatbed car haulers is quite appropriate for a 1/2 ton truck. How much weight/equipment do you plan to put into the truck bed?

Sound advice...and remember when you are not towing the Mustang - unless this is a 2nd or 3rd vehicle for you, you will be driving either an F-150 or F-250 as a daily driver....mileage, comfort, manuverability, etc.

Old 02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
I have a 09 f150 screw lariat all loaded up on the lot that is a demo with 4500 miles. That can save you some serious coin. send me a pm if interested.

Old 02-26-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally Posted by new09f150
Hello i was going to do the same thing as you get a fully loaded lariat but after talking to my dealer who is also a friend of mine he told me the plat was only a few grand more and had every option i wanted but a couple as standard so i went that route and ordered it hopefully it will be here next month.if you shop around you can get a good deal on a plat my friend drives one and pulls his boat with it and has no problem towing so dont go the 250 route. hope this helps some.
yeah i was looking into platinums but i want black leather and platinum doesn't have that option

Old 02-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by APT

well i really want to stay with 5.4L since i might be moving overseas and well probably move cars with me and import taxes are based on engine volumes over their so i wish i could go with V10, buy i can't.
as far as towing i am planning on towing my mustang and also would like to have an option to tow two cars at the same time because i am also building another car which will be done soon. i don't think i'll be towing them at the same time though, but at least would like that as an option. do you think two cars with a trailer will be too much for an f-150? mustang is a drag car so that one weights less than stock but i am not sure at this point how heavy it will be. the other car thought is a mitsubishi 3000gt which is heavy and weights like 3000 lbs or something like that. and of course i have no clue how much trailers weight... as far as that i am not planing on moving anything with the truck and will be using it for my daily driver. i have a murano right now and i love it, but my wife is taking over it so i really looking for a smooth ride. will i be able to achieve that with f-150?

Old 02-26-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by 3kgtSL91
yeah i was looking into platinums but i want black leather and platinum doesn't have that option
yeah they don't have it in black unless you get the the 4x4 but trust me the brown sienna looks great and its only the seats that are brown the carpet is black i wasn't happy about it until i saw one in person and it looks great i cant wait to get mine.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:23 PM
also in Canada we have the $1000 accessory program running again which helps with extras you want, i am not sure if its on in the US as well.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally Posted by new09f150
yeah they don't have it in black unless you get the the 4x4 but trust me the brown sienna looks great and its only the seats that are brown the carpet is black i wasn't happy about it until i saw one in person and it looks great i cant wait to get mine.
yes i am looking for a 4x4, but i don't think they offer black even with that, but i'll double check. the other thing i would love to have aluminum inserts instead of wood looking ones...

Old 02-26-2009, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
also in Canada we have the $1000 accessory program running again which helps with extras you want, i am not sure if its on in the US as well.
i think we also have it because when i built one on the website, there was some kind of a discount for $1k. it is called "lariat premium discount package". is that the same thing you were talking about?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:11 PM
i think we also have it because when i built one on the website, there was some kind of a discount for $1k. it is called "lariat premium discount package". is that the same thing you were talking about?
nope, with any F150, Super Duty, and Ranger you can pick any Ford accessories up to a 1000 for free.

http://www.ford.ca/app/fo/index.do

Old 02-26-2009, 09:20 PM
yes i am looking for a 4x4, but i don't think they offer black even with that, but i'll double check. the other thing i would love to have aluminum inserts instead of wood looking ones...
yeah you are right. they do offer black interior with 4x4 model, for some reason i didn't see it before...
i don't know but after building a plat my msrp on it is almost $50k instead of $44k for loaded lariat. is there a huge difference between these two? i see that plats do have 20" wheels but i can live with 18"s... and i like the grill on lariat more than on plats. but what is the real difference?

Old 02-26-2009, 09:36 PM
also wondering if i order one today do i have to pay 100% upfront or i can leave a deposit and than pay off the rest once it comes in?

Quick Reply: Looking for an 09 F-150 Lariat