2009 - 2014 F-150

Galpinized - 09 F150 Lifted

Old 01-17-2009, 01:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 01-17-2009, 02:00 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's the thread with the lowered ones.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/20...sema-pics.html

Old 01-17-2009, 02:03 AM

I like the box on the new ones with a lid on them and the tail lights dont look bad either?

Old 01-17-2009, 02:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
It's the silver paint, makes the chrome not stand out so much.

Old 01-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Disagree...bought my current truck from Galpin (they have a huge inventory...built my truck on line, was gonna order it, but they had it in stock) and it was one of the most easiest, enjoyable car buying experiences I've ever had. Maybe it was luck (isn't it always that anyways) but everything went my way and to my satisfaction.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 PM
The guys in the showroom were pretty knowledgeable and didn't try any high-pressure stuff. We talked with a guy named Justin and he showed us the lifted 09's and their car collection.

Last edited by 50ranger; 01-18-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Disagree...bought my current truck from Galpin (they have a huge inventory...built my truck on line, was gonna order it, but they had it in stock) and it was one of the most easiest, enjoyable car buying experiences I've ever had. Maybe it was luck (isn't it always that anyways) but everything went my way and to my satisfaction.
It was luck

I've gone there on two seperate occasions to purchase a car. The first was a very long time ago and they threw out every tactic in the book. They were very high pressure and annoying. I hate when somebody lies to me to get a sale. The second time which was a couple years later, they were not as bad but still pretty bad. They would go on and on about how much they would drop their price and work with me this and that. Of course they raise their prices sky high so they can afford to drop it. It was just two very bad experiences with that place. I know of other people who have had just as bad a time over there.

Only good thing to say about them is you could probably think of the most odd setup for a Ford and they'd probably have it in stock. Their inventory is huge.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
geb
Originally Posted by Galaxy
Sorry but i dont agree! Galpin is overpriced!
Did you pay full price and buy all the overpriced dealer add-ons like alarm
wheel locks, ect...
They love to put overprice dealer options on the cars they don't want to remove.

If I i just walk into Galpin and paid sticker and paid for overprice items it would be no problem, but trying to get fair market deal will be.

Old 01-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I bought my truck from them without a single dealer installed item. It was straight from the assembly line. Don't remember the actual dollar amount I paid in relation to the sticker price, but I do remember there was zero added mark-up, so we dealt straight off the window sticker. I do remember a couple rebates, but nothing spectatular. All I remeber is getting a hassle free deal that I was happy (not satisfied...happy) with. At the end of the day, that's all that matters. I feel it's all luck at any dealer anyways. It's all relative the way I see it. Someone tellng me there's no way I got a great deal at Galpin is mo different than me saying you're wrong for liking strawberry ice cream. Who am I to tell you what you like or don't like. It's all perspective and I think that the biggest forgotten item on these forums sometimes

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I didn't spend any time with the salesman on the lot - just the guys in the speed shop who were totally cool. You can bet every dealer has got horror stories of some kind. Just like the saying says, "You can't please everyone all the time."

Old 01-20-2009, 02:50 AM
ill add to this....i went to galpin this weekend and test drove an 09 FX4. I then checked out the silver FX4 that is lifted in those pics. Sticker was 39. I asked the sales rep what they were looking for price wise on the lift and tires and he said and i quote "the lift and tires will run an extra 10k" SO that silver FX4 in those first pics is a 49k truck, that i dont believe was leather, just captain chairs in the cloth version.

I had a terrible time trying to negotiate on prices for an 08...sticker was 37 or 39 and they would only goto 28 otd including my 3k down. Ill be looking elsewhere from now on

Old 01-20-2009, 06:08 AM
I bought my truck from Galpin last month, and my wifes Volvo from Galpin back in 2005. Both experiences were great. I went to the same salesman both times because I was very pleased with the transactions. The sales and service has been great as far as I'm concerned and would not hesitate to buy another from them. Maybe I just got lucky, who knows. I do agree that the fixed up vehicles carry a hefty price tag that I would not pay. However, as far as a regular purchase from them, thats different. I've purchased many cars in my life. I literally used to go through vehicles every six months or so because I was bored and had my first good paying job at a young age. I've been to alot of dealers, and Galpin has been one of the better ones.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:53 AM
geb
Originally Posted by Umongus
I bought my truck from Galpin last month, and my wifes Volvo from Galpin back in 2005. Both experiences were great. I went to the same salesman both times because I was very pleased with the transactions. The sales and service has been great as far as I'm concerned and would not hesitate to buy another from them. Maybe I just got lucky, who knows. I do agree that the fixed up vehicles carry a hefty price tag that I would not pay. However, as far as a regular purchase from them, thats different. I've purchased many cars in my life. I literally used to go through vehicles every six months or so because I was bored and had my first good paying job at a young age. I've been to alot of dealers, and Galpin has been one of the better ones.
I've also bought about 10 cars and trucks from galpin in the past but no more.
High pressure sales and markups! Who pays MSRP or even msrp plus overpriced dealer add-ons? When I was looking at an 08 f150 with no nav the added 500 Bluetooth and a 700 nav you can buy at costco for 200? God bless anyone who can walk in a pay those high markups not me! Employee pricing plus dealer adons?

Old 01-20-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally Posted by cdiddy4224
ill add to this....i went to galpin this weekend and test drove an 09 FX4. I then checked out the silver FX4 that is lifted in those pics. Sticker was 39. I asked the sales rep what they were looking for price wise on the lift and tires and he said and i quote "the lift and tires will run an extra 10k" SO that silver FX4 in those first pics is a 49k truck, that i dont believe was leather, just captain chairs in the cloth version.

I had a terrible time trying to negotiate on prices for an 08...sticker was 37 or 39 and they would only goto 28 otd including my 3k down. Ill be looking elsewhere from now on
Go to Vista in Woodland Hills. After my first experience with Galpin I headed over there. Bought my first brand new Ford from them.

Since then I've bought a total 4 Fords through them. I now go through the internet department which usually gets a little more knocked off.

Even though I live much farther away, I'll still go back to them when the time comes to get another new one.

Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
geb
Originally Posted by dexx00420
Go to Vista in Woodland Hills. After my first experience with Galpin I headed over there. Bought my first brand new Ford from them.

Since then I've bought a total 4 Fords through them. I now go through the internet department which usually gets a little more knocked off.

Even though I live much farther away, I'll still go back to them when the time comes to get another new one.
I agree Vista is much better then Galpin!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Galpinized - 09 F150 Lifted