Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JBMX928
he likes having control over all... that.. power... in that v6.... LOL
lol, harsh man, harsh

Old 01-13-2008, 09:14 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Ford reserves the right whether or not to give the customer a new transmission/friction material no matter how much they whine. What's the difference between me burning up a clutch or burning up an automatic intentionally?! None! Still costs Ford money. In actuality, it costs Ford more money in the long run with the automatic.

I blew up his transmission because he didn't believe me that automatics break much quicker than a manual. Total time to bust: 3 minutes.

Total time to bust a stick: 30+ minutes of setting the parking brake while creating a smoke show with a burning clutch while flooring the truck.

Face it... it's much harder to blow out a stick than an auto. I proved it the world over. If someone wants to bust their truck to waste Ford's money, they can... and lot quicker and more costly with an automatic.
This is the most retarded thing I have ever read on here. You destroyed a perfectly good trans to prove that a product abused would fail.
Your just the type of consumer Ford wants to make products for

Old 01-13-2008, 09:22 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1981
This is the most retarded thing I have ever read on here. You destroyed a perfectly good trans to prove that a product abused would fail.
Your just the type of consumer Ford wants to make products for
Hey... you are laughing at me... but you don't when a magazine takes 5 F350's and shows the truth. What's the difference?!

If Ford was better transmission design... that would not have happend.

When you pay over $30k for a vehicle, you better hope that it is smart enough not to self destruct itself when the user decides to try to bust it.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 PM
Suspended
Hey... you are laughing at me... but you don't when a magazine takes 5 F350's and shows the truth. What's the difference?!

If Ford was better transmission design... that would not have happend.

When you pay over $30k for a vehicle, you better hope that it is smart enough not to self destruct itself when the user decides to try to bust it.
You were the same one complaining about the stability control on your wifes SUV. Now your complaining a truck let you rev the motor then slam it in drive. All I know is you took a perfectly good truck and destroyed it to prove nothing. Anything abused will fail. Your last sentence makes me want to slam my head into a brick wall.

Old 01-13-2008, 11:36 PM

Anything abused will fail.
Ok... then read Quintin's comment... lots of people abuse their truck on here...

Originally Posted by Quintin
...a lot of guys drive the ever loving **** out of 'em...
Originally Posted by SilverScab 5.5
...truth be told, the 4 speed in our trucks is not very good and judging by all the trans posts you see on here, not very durable either.
It isn't a good transmission... it's just as weak at the 4R100.

Oh... and for the past hour I was reading up on Ford's new 6 speed transmissions... I've gotten some comments like:

"This transmission shifts worse than my '97 Windstar!" Explorer
"This transmission has died on me twice!" Explorer
"For some reason when you stopping, the whole vehicle jerks when you are stoping and it is going from 2-1 gear. I had a reflash of the PCM and it didn't resolve it." Explorer
"I'm getting worse miles per gallon than my previous Taurus. This new 6 speed is F.O.S." 500/Taurus
"My dealer said that the 6 speed automatic transmission only lasts 150k." Explorer

That last one just had me laughing...

So what are you guys waiting for!? Go get those new Ford 6 speeders!

After reading thread, after thread, after thread (it is worse than here!) of 6 speed transmission problems... Ford can keep their automatics.

I guess I was not the only one that hated their automatics.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:05 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok...
<snip>
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
<snip>
I rarely ever hear anything wrong with the M5OD-R2... its either the friction material or the slave cylinder... not too much on the synchros either. Which tells me it's a great transmission. Not to mention Ford's been using it for a LONG time, so there must be a good fact about it.
<snip>
BLAH, BLAH, BLAH and I still don't have a freaking clue
<snip>
Personally... I don't have anything gripes about the M5OD. It shifts well, and it does the job well.
With this post you officially took the crown, YOU are the dumbest person on this board. The M5OD sucks monkey *****, it is the only transmission I have ever had a problem with. Guess what killed it, a 2.3L 4 banger in a Ranger. I had a hell of a time finding a replacement. It seems that every salvage yard in the area had already sold the few good ones they had. I finally found one guy that had four or five broken ones laying around to make a working one from.

Go ahead and admit it. You like the stick because if gives you more time to stroke the shaft and rub the ****.

Old 01-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Suspended
Ok... then read Quintin's comment... lots of people abuse their truck on here...
No he didn't say that, he said they drive the **** out of them. Hot rodding a truck and slamming the shifter into drive with the RPM's up are not the same. One is something the truck is built to handle, the other is something I would expect to happen if I gave a monkey keys to my truck

Old 01-14-2008, 12:42 AM

No he didn't say that, he said they drive the **** out of them. Hot rodding a truck and slamming the shifter into drive with the RPM's up are not the same. One is something the truck is built to handle, the other is something I would expect to happen if I gave a monkey keys to my truck
Oh, ok. I see.

Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM
Oh, ok. I see.
I just read through this thread and I have to say one thing. You are a moron. Anyone who would purposely abuse a transmission and then fault it for failing is an idiot.

Your friend is also an idiot for letting you do that to his vehicle. You guys must have more money than sense... wait, Ford paid for it, so you didn't even have to pay for your stupidity.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverScab 5.5
I simply don't like automatics and truth be told, the 4 speed in our trucks is not very good and judging by all the trans posts you see on here, not very durable either.
Have you noticed that most of the tranmission problems have been on trucks that have been chipped? The chip changes the shifting patterns and characteristics of the transmissions and that can cause premature failures. Pure stock trucks seldom have transmission failures (of course that might be because the drivers that chip their trucks might have different driving habits than those of us who leave them stock).

Old 01-14-2008, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by osbornk
Have you noticed that most of the tranmission problems have been on trucks that have been chipped? The chip changes the shifting patterns and characteristics of the transmissions and that can cause premature failures. Pure stock trucks seldom have transmission failures (of course that might be because the drivers that chip their trucks might have different driving habits than those of us who leave them stock).
Yeah, and look at who complains how the truck shifts... maybe if you entertain the fact that Ford should offer the manual tranny option, you'd be less happy with the horrible shift structure Ford provides.

With a manual, you don't have to worry, because YOU the user can control what you want the truck to do.

Old 01-14-2008, 03:27 PM
Not too worried about the manual tranny. It would be nice to actually DRIVE your truck vs. computer doing it for you, but its something I can get over. Anyone know if they will still offer a manual transfer case shifter ? If they only offer electric shift on the fly, I will refuse to buy. Just wondering guys, thanks!

Old 01-14-2008, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Not too worried about the manual tranny. It would be nice to actually DRIVE your truck vs. computer doing it for you, but its something I can get over. Anyone know if they will still offer a manual transfer case shifter ? If they only offer electric shift on the fly, I will refuse to buy. Just wondering guys, thanks!
x2 on that...

I won't buy a truck that has the ESOF junk... Ford's been known to have plagues of problems with the solenoids and vacuum systems. With an Escape, 2 Exploders with the ESOF... they ALL busted at some point or another. Our F250 with the manual shift 4x4 never gave us a problem EVER.

With all of the "automatic" junk... I am about ready hang it up with Ford's Consumer lineups and just go SuperDuty which is a commerical grade truck.

If Ford cuts the manual stuff in the SuperDuty... I highly doubt I'll buy another Ford truck.

I hate to say it.

Just like someone else stated on another forum I belong to:
"It is a luxury to own a pickup truck these days. If you own one, you are considered an "elite" type of person. Most people refused to or wouldn't dare drive a pickup truck 10 years ago because of the "image" it projected. They are also increasing the payload on the trucks to the point where the NHTSA is going to have to step in regulate it. Having a F150 capable of towing 10,500 lbs should not be allowed. Having a F150 capable of towing 5,000 lbs should be. If you need to tow 10,000 lbs you go with a 3/4 ton or more. Also, most hitch receivers are only capable of handling only 6,000 lbs and fifth-wheel trailers are NOT designed to be used on Light Duty pickup trucks. So people get this impression that they can tow the world away on their little F150. Until they have an accident and an investigation starts, then someone is crying blues because they just got fined and ticketed for all sorts of "failure of compliance" rules when towing trailers. But most people don't care or don't realize this."

I can't say it better than they did... it's the truth.

Old 01-14-2008, 05:16 PM
I wonder if they'll offer a manual in the diesel for 2010?

Old 01-14-2008, 05:27 PM
pareto's 80/20 law

i like standards more than most but cutting it was just a smart business move on fords part. i would recommend those that disagree research Perato's 80/20 law. in the long run cutting the manual is best for both ford and the customer.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2009 F150 Standard Shift Petition