2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can't find TSB #s for these items

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2011, 10:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can't find TSB #s for these items

I have an '09 SCrew XLT that has just rolled 30,000 miles. I want to take it in to get a few items out of the way before the warranty expires but I can't find the TSB for these items. I hoped to have them so I could better explain my issue without them pressing back.

I increased the size of my tires just a little. They re-calibrated the speedo for me but the ABS light comes on occasionally when I go up slopes or hit bumps on one side of the truck. I *think* 11-02-05 is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure.

Fuel registers incorrect (empty) when I park facing down on my driveway. It's super annoying.

The cloth under the front seats is detached. I want it put back together.

I also want them to fix the back door ***** under recall.

And lastly, just for sharing, the **** to aim the headlights stripped out when I put the HIDs in. I used a #2 phillips screwdriver like the manual says but I'm going to see if they will replace the aiming mechanism anyhow. It shouldn't strip out just because I changed the bulbs, even if it was to go to an un-authorized bulb.

Anyone know the TSB's I might be looking for? I've seen them on this forum at one time or another and wrote down the description, not the TSB numbers.

Thank you.

Old 07-07-2011, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by sharper4
I have an '09 SCrew XLT that has just rolled 30,000 miles. I want to take it in to get a few items out of the way before the warranty expires but I can't find the TSB for these items. I hoped to have them so I could better explain my issue without them pressing back.

I increased the size of my tires just a little. They re-calibrated the speedo for me but the ABS light comes on occasionally when I go up slopes or hit bumps on one side of the truck. I *think* 11-02-05 is what I'm looking for, but I'm not sure.

Fuel registers incorrect (empty) when I park facing down on my driveway. It's super annoying.

The cloth under the front seats is detached. I want it put back together.

I also want them to fix the back door ***** under recall.

And lastly, just for sharing, the **** to aim the headlights stripped out when I put the HIDs in. I used a #2 phillips screwdriver like the manual says but I'm going to see if they will replace the aiming mechanism anyhow. It shouldn't strip out just because I changed the bulbs, even if it was to go to an un-authorized bulb.

Anyone know the TSB's I might be looking for? I've seen them on this forum at one time or another and wrote down the description, not the TSB numbers.

Thank you.
For the tire size thing, it works best if you lie to the dealer and just tell them you have this problem when towing a trailer, and turning at low speeds......

TSB
11-4-7 TRAC CONTROL FLASHING / ILLUMINATED WITH DTCS C1278, C1280, C1282 AND C1963

Publication Date: April 6, 2011

FORD: 2009-2011 F-150

This article supersedes TSB 11-2-5 to update the vehicle model years.

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2011 F-150 vehicles built on or before 3/21/2011 or 2010-2011 F-150 Raptor vehicles built on or before 3/28/2011 may exhibit a condition where the Trac Control indicator is flashing or illuminated with diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs) C1278, C1280, C1282 and C1963 stored in the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) module. In addition, some customers may complain of intermittent nuisance activation of the Electronic Stability Control (ESC) during low speed turning maneuvers while towing a trailer only.

ACTION:
Reprogram the ABS module to the latest calibration using IDS release 72.01 and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2011.3 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage And Emissions Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
110407A 2009-2011 F-150: Check DTCs And Reprogram The ABS Module (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr.

DEALER CODING
BASIC PART NO. CONDITION CODE
2C219 04

TSB
10-25-14 MESSAGE CENTER DISTANCE-TO-EMPTY RANGE DECREASES AND DOES NOT RECOVER - VEHICLE PARKED ON GRADE ONLY - BUILT ON OR BEFORE 10/4/2010

Publication Date: December 22, 2010

FORD: 2009-2010 F-150

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles built on or before 10/4/2010 and equipped with a message center and distance-to-empty (DTE) feature only may exhibit the DTE range decreases when parked on grade with the front of the vehicle positioned down, but the range does not recover near the previous reading once the vehicle is operated on level ground. May be more noticeable when the fuel gauge indicates less than 1/4, and DTE is less than 240 km (150 miles). Extended idle with the vehicle parked in this position may contribute to the condition.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Reprogram the instrument cluster module (ICM) to the latest calibration using IDS release 70.03A and higher. This new calibration is not included in the VCM 2010.11 DVD. Calibration files may also be obtained at www.motorcraft.com.

The customer will observe reasonable DTE range recovery after operating the vehicle for 15 minutes on level ground less the fuel used during this time. Some amount of filtering is required to prevent over reactive gauge and DTE operation, therefore instantaneous DTE recovery after this reprogram should not be expected.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT: Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.

102514A 2009-2010 F-150: Reprogram The Instrument Cluster (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.3 Hr.

DEALER CODING
10849 04

TSB
10-20-7 SEAT CUSHION COVER LOOSE / J-CLIP RETENTION

Publication Date: October 11, 2010

FORD: 2009-2010 F-150

This article supersedes TSB 09-20-2 to remove the production build date, update the vehicle model years and Service Procedure.

ISSUE:
Some 2009-2010 F-150 vehicles may have a seat cushion cover that appears loose near the front of the seat. This may be caused by the seat cushion cover j-retainer becoming disengaged from the seat cushion pan flange.

ACTION:
Follow the Service Procedure steps to correct the condition.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

Install two (2) retention clips on the seat cushion cover j-retainer.

The following procedure and parts are applicable to all 2009-2010 F-150 front seat configurations, trim levels, right and/or left side.

Position the affected seat rearward.
Completely disengage the j-retainer from the seat cushion pan flange.
Install one (1) clip on each side of the j-retainer, approximately 1/4" to 1" (5 mm to 25 mm) from the outboard edge. Right hand seat shown. (Figure 1)

Figure 1 - Article 10-20-7

Secure the j-retainer to the seat cushion pan flange. To aid in assembly, begin at the inboard edge of the flange, working outboard.

PART NUMBER PART NAME
W-715386-S424 Seat Clip

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

102007A 2009-2010 F-150: Install Retention Clip(s), One Or Both Front Seats (Do Not Use With Any Other Labor Operations) 0.2 Hr.

DEALER CODING
1662900 33

Recall Lookup : FORD : 2009 : F-150Recall data for: 2009 FORD F-150
NHTSA Campaign Number: 11V049000
Manufacturer Campaign Number: 11S15
Make: FORD
Model: F-150
Year: 2009
Component:
STRUCTURE:BODYOOR
Manufacturers Involved: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Begin Date Of Manufacturing: 20080118
End Date Of Manufacturing: 20091130
Recall Type: V
Potential Number Of Units Affected: 280946
Date Owner Notified By Manufacturer: 20110210
Recall Initiator: MFR
Manufacturer Responsible For Recall: FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Date Report Received By ODI: 20110201
Date Added To File: 20110201
Regulation Part Number:
Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard Number:
Defect Summary:
FORD IS RECALLING CERTAIN MODEL YEAR 2009 AND 2010 F-150 VEHICLES MANUFACTURED FROM JANUARY 18, 2008, THROUGH NOVEMBER 30, 2009. THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE HOUSING EMBOSSMENT RETAINING THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE SPRING MAY FRACTURE DURING NORMAL USAGE RESULTING IN INSUFFICIENT SPRING FORCE TO RETURN THE HANDLE TO THE FULLY STOWED POSITION.
Consequence Summary:
IN THE EVENT OF A SIDE IMPACT CRASH, THE DOOR HANDLE SPRING CAN FAIL CAUSING THE DOOR LATCH TO OPEN.
Corrective Action:
OWNERS WILL BE INITIALLY NOTIFIED AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY DEALER IF ANY INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE IS LOOSE OR FAILS TO RETURN TO THE STOWED POSITION AFTER ACTIVATION FOR REPLACEMENT OF THE AFFECT MODULE. ONCE PARTS BECOME AVAILABLE, OWNERS WILL BE RENOTIFIED AND INSTRUCTED TO TAKE THEIR VEHICLES TO A FORD OR LINCOLN/MERCURY DEALER FOR INSPECTION OF EACH INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE. DEPENDING ON THE RESULTS OF THE INSPECTION, THE DEALER WILL EITHER ADD A SPRING EMBOSSMENT REINFORCEMENT OR REPLACE THE INTERIOR DOOR HANDLE MODULE FREE OF CHARGE. THE SAFETY RECALL BEGAN ON FEBRUARY 10, 2011. OWNERS MAY CONTACT FORD AT 1-866-436-7332.

As for the headlights, it's worth a shot, but I think they would have to replace the h/l assembly to fix the problem. I doubt the adjusters come seperately.

Old 07-07-2011, 02:47 PM
Wow! You have tons of great info. Thank you very much.

Surely they won't deny access to the headlight assembly because I stripped it out trying to adjust the headlights with the very tool they say to use. That's like not fixing a bad door jam because I added weight to the door when I put window visors on.

Old 07-12-2011, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Published TSB's

Excellent thread!! I have every one of these gripes except for the ABS on my 09 Screw...now, if I can find a dealer to do the work without screwing up my Screw I'll be sitting pretty.

Old 12-28-2011, 05:22 PM
TSB 11-08-04? Please

Last edited by tricountytrail; 12-30-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
ASre TBSs still free of charge from your dealer if you are outside of your bumper to bumper warranty?

I juat have powertran left

Quick Reply: Can't find TSB #s for these items