2009 - 2014 F-150

Remote Start

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start

I just had the ford dealership install a remote start unit in my 2010 F-150 FX4. The remote start up works just fine but the engine shuts down as soon as I open the door to enter the truck. Did they bungle the install? The service guy mentioned something about needing to turn off some theft safety device...

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Mine stays on but don't touch the break before you put the key in. Sounds like a set-up issue. The guy that installed mine is contracted by Ford so he does the installs for the local dealers and I had the chance to talk to him and discuss what set-up I wanted.

John

Old 09-09-2010, 11:33 PM
That is how they come when Ford installs the remote start you have to deactivate the "Safety feature," I have not done it yet but I do have a link to directions that I read have worked on another forum her is the link: http://www.fixya.com/support/t346801...ote_start_open. Good Luck!

Old 09-10-2010, 06:38 PM
It's due to the new My-Key feature which is new in 2010. As a result, the new 2010 remote start (and 6-button alarm/rmst) systems have new programming options that you can change the setting so that it no longer shuts off when opening the door. It's amazing that virtually no dealers know about this simple fix.

joshn posted a link that does have the correct instructions on how to change it, but it's also better to have the Ford file that lists all of the option bank settings for the entire system, so you know exactly which option you're in as you cycle through them.

here's the 1 button rmst system settings file:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710620.pdf

and here's the file for the 6-button alarm and rmst system:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

just follow the instructions carefully on how to access the option banks and under the highlighted "My-Key Options" section you'll see the option bank setting for "shutdown on door open". Switch that off and you should be all good.

(the highlighted "Non-Mykey Options" in those files apply to the 09 and earlier systems)

oh and you do need to find your black programming button and the LED light in order to properly access the option banks and change the option. Sometimes the installer does not mount them and leaves them tucked up in the dash. Some guys have found them after they took off the plastic shroud on the bottom of the steering column. Just search along the wiring harness coming off the black brain unit box for the system, the brain unit should be up under the driver's side of the dash. Usually the wiring harness wires are wrapped in black tape so you may have to remove some of the tape in order to find the black button and LED light.

Good luck.

Old 09-12-2010, 06:44 PM
Originally Posted by SteveVFX4
It's due to the new My-Key feature which is new in 2010. As a result, the new 2010 remote start (and 6-button alarm/rmst) systems have new programming options that you can change the setting so that it no longer shuts off when opening the door. It's amazing that virtually no dealers know about this simple fix.

joshn posted a link that does have the correct instructions on how to change it, but it's also better to have the Ford file that lists all of the option bank settings for the entire system, so you know exactly which option you're in as you cycle through them.

here's the 1 button rmst system settings file:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710620.pdf

and here's the file for the 6-button alarm and rmst system:
http://documents.codesystems.com/710617.pdf

just follow the instructions carefully on how to access the option banks and under the highlighted "My-Key Options" section you'll see the option bank setting for "shutdown on door open". Switch that off and you should be all good.

(the highlighted "Non-Mykey Options" in those files apply to the 09 and earlier systems)

oh and you do need to find your black programming button and the LED light in order to properly access the option banks and change the option. Sometimes the installer does not mount them and leaves them tucked up in the dash. Some guys have found them after they took off the plastic shroud on the bottom of the steering column. Just search along the wiring harness coming off the black brain unit box for the system, the brain unit should be up under the driver's side of the dash. Usually the wiring harness wires are wrapped in black tape so you may have to remove some of the tape in order to find the black button and LED light.

Good luck.
I just bought the exact same truck! How do you like the bakflip, does it leak at all. i am wanting to put the bed rug, so i do not want any water to leak and cause mold and mildew.

thanks, Great Truck, I love it!

Old 09-12-2010, 10:51 PM
How far is the range on the factory remote start?

As to the bak flip, mine is almost 100% dry. A very few drops right bat the tailgate and that's when you try to get water in there. Normal rain won't get in there.

Quick Reply: Remote Start