2004 - 2008 F-150

Hood out of alignment

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hood out of alignment

Ok so the other day I notice the passenger side of my hood is out alignment it sits higher. I know it wasn't like that before I didn't hit anything and nothing stuck under hood holding it up. The hinges are tight. I tried to adjust the stop on the front and it was in the correct spot if i adjust it down the hood can move up and down while closed.

??

Old 01-15-2017, 09:29 PM
Time to change da hood Hawaiian!!!

Old 01-21-2017, 11:57 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by SSStang
I know it wasn't like that before I didn't hit anything
Right there is the problem. You didn't hit anything.

Seriously .... it's gotta be an adjustment in the hinge on that side. It's not a compound hinge like older trucks use. Look close and see if anything has slipped, like hinge mounting at hood bolts?

Attached Thumbnails Hood out of alignment-hood-hinge.jpg  

Last edited by tbear853; 01-21-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:13 PM
There is no up/down adjustment on the hinge so something must have tweaked the hood and/or hinge. Did the gas strut bind up upon closing and cause the hood to bend? The hoods are aluminium so it is possible. Maybe get a new hinge or a good used one and see if it'll correct the alignment issue.

Old 01-23-2017, 11:34 AM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by EBC-150
There is no up/down adjustment on the hinge so something must have tweaked the hood and/or hinge.
I guess I could have gone out and looked at the truck instead of relying on a photo from my files ....

I think likely a bent hinge then as that's where it's raised. Looking closer at my pic, maybe lower portion which is a big "L" got tweaked. Very likely something got caught at some time in the past and caused it, maybe just noticed recently?

Like when a Sgt I used to work with when a Trooper was sitting in the office and another came in the door and asked him whet happened to his car (his assigned police car) . He said "nothing, why?" and the other Trooper asked if he'd looked at the right side of the car ... we went out and looked on passenger side, small dents all over side and paint chewed off at top edges of the fenders.

He had left the car parked a couple hours in a horse pasture a week or more earlier while a large truck was making a delivery to his house and his horses had leaned against the car while chewing the paint on the passenger side. He hadn't noticed it because he always got in the driver's side and was usually alone ... bet he had fun writing that letter.

Last edited by tbear853; 01-23-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by 808TritonXL
Time to change da hood Hawaiian!!!
Bra trying to save some money so can get a bad *** FOX coupe!

Old 01-24-2017, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the input I have been busy and will try take a look at the hinges and gas strut tomorrow