2004 - 2008 F-150

05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes

Old 05-26-2016, 10:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes

I'm fresh out of ideas. I can't get my front vents to switch on to save my life. Sorry for all the pics but this type of problem is easier to describe visually.

I followed the "03 Expy - No A/C coming out of front vents" thread.

I pulled every vacuum hose i could find and looked closely. Here is a reference pic for everyone.

05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes-wadpeikl.jpg
Red circle is my problem, oragne is air ride hose (i think)

I found and cut this out.
05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes-dwzyyrdm.jpg

i fixed it with a bit of clear tubing. I can't remember the size but it's up there pretty tight.
05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes-5e2nq6al.jpg

I hop in the truck and turn the hvac on and its still going to the defroster. The air gets cold so that's a plus but in 90+ degrees blowing at the window it barely makes a dent.

I get the faintest of breezes from the front vents but thats it. i followed every lead and found nothing.

What else am i missing?
Could it be the ERG vacuum solenoid?

Help :'(:'(

Old 05-27-2016, 10:14 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you replace the mode door actuator? Not sure if it's similar to the one in the 04-08 trucks.

This would have been best to post in the HVAC section as this isn't related to this section at all.

Old 05-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008_XL
Did you replace the mode door actuator? Not sure if it's similar to the one in the 04-08 trucks.

This would have been best to post in the HVAC section as this isn't related to this section at all.
I fixed it! It was the 4wd hub locking actuator.
Part # 600-400 from auto zone. $23.

Installed it and boom! Icy cold blasts from my front vents.

If you've fixed all your vacuum leaks and it's still not working be sure to add this to your checklist.

For the price why not replace it anyway?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Expy front vents not working a/c stuck in defrost / vacuum line woes