2004 - 2008 F-150

Okay here is the deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay here is the deal

My AC just stopped working one day it was on and then just quit. Since its original equip I threw the gauges on and the Low side was extremely high. Myself when this happens I just change the whole system out compressor,Condenser, Switches and Hoses flushed evap out added the correct amount of Pag 46(8 oz) to system and pulled a long evac of 2 hours and it sat for twp hours. Orifice tube was becoming clogged by the way indicating compressor was more then likely getting ready to go. Anywho..I began putting the 34Oz of 134a into the system and it would take 2 cans but that was it(12ozx2) and about 3 oz of a third can but would not take anymore. The compressor still would not turn on. Checked all fuses I believe 3 inside fuse box and Rotated the relays in the engine Compartment. Jumping across low pressure plug had no effect. So I checked I am not getting power at all to the plug(Low pressure). I have not checked diode. Is that a possibility? Will it harm the compressor driving the car with ac off. The gauges show about 150 on high side and about 3/4 of the dial on low side. vac is solid and no leaks? Can I jump from battery to get compressor going if so how do I do that without harming the system. Are there any sensors or anything else I am not looking at. Like I say no power to Low pressure switch at all. Its a 2004 FX4 5.4 by the way.

Old 05-27-2016, 12:43 AM
Man I guess you cant jump from battery to compressor.

Old 05-27-2016, 03:05 PM
Dash switch went thats the deal das ac switch.

Quick Reply: Okay here is the deal