2004 - 2008 F-150

Power Steering "Transfer Line" NEW SUPPLIER SOURCE?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 07:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Steering "Transfer Line" NEW SUPPLIER SOURCE?

Hi, I am a new owner of a 2004 F-150 FX4. Bought the truck with a leaking power steering and I have isolated the root cause of the leak. It is coming from the "transfer line" attached to the center of the rack. The top portion has simply rotted through. I have searched the forum and google for about a week and only found one thread where someone actually asked about replacing the hard line on the rack. Unfortunately, no one chimed in with a part source and all my searches only come up with a HP line or Return line....no hard transfer line leading from the rack to the gear box.
I hope someone can provide me with insight and look forward to contributing to this forum and being a new proud F-150 owner.

Old 02-08-2016, 07:42 PM
I may have sourced the part. But the picture of the part in the link appears to be longer than the part I need.
http://cardone.com/Products/Product-...ductId=3L-1207

Old 02-09-2016, 07:39 AM
Looks like bulk brake line that you can get at the auto parts and bend to fit.

Old 02-09-2016, 01:51 PM
Thank you guys!
I have a double flare tool. I guess I will have to make the line myself. Considering we have snow on the ground, I can't take it off til a few days from now.I guess my next question is; Is this a standard double flare end?

Quick Reply: Power Steering "Transfer Line" NEW SUPPLIER SOURCE?