2004 - 2008 F-150

AC Compressor Confusion..

Old 02-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC Compressor Confusion..

2006, STX, 4.6l, 4x4

On the official ford parts website I get two different results when I type in my trucks info (as in year, make, model ext..), and it is different when I type in my VIN.

For example, I need to buy an AC Compressor. Go to the ford parts website, plug in my trucks info and Bam! Complete AC Compressor Model Number YCC-339. Brand new compressor with clutch.. There are also other options, such as YC-2520 for example, brand new compressor only this one does not come with a clutch..

Now, If I type in my VIN number YCC-339 does NOT show up on the list of compatible parts, but YC-2520 does.. The problem, I want a full AC Compressor with the clutch and everything.

I call my local Ford dealer and he confirms, yep you have to use your VIN number to match your parts correctly! He then tells me if I want an AC compressor with the clutch the re-manufactured model is all I can get (YCC-262-RM) otherwise I would need to purchase each part of the clutch assembly separately and install it my self...

Keep in mind, all of these compressors carry the same main part number in the official ford diagram which is 19703. I want YCC-339 because it is brand new and comes with everything I need.. Ford is telling my I cant buy the equivalent for my truck based on its VIN number, but if I do a blanket search YCC-339 show up just fine.. Also if I search on O'Rilleys website for my specific truck the same Motorcraft compressor show up on that website as well YCC-339.

Has anyone been through this.. This feels like the twilight zone.. How am I not able to purchase a Full AC compressor complete with clutch from Ford!?! I have a feeling YCC-339 is the same thing as the rest of them.. Can anyone verify this?

Last edited by dmbaile2; 02-07-2016 at 08:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:47 AM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Get the YCC-339 and be done with it. There are sometime little bits of weirdness in Ford's parts database, you've found one. Someone didn't put in some data that shows the full comparability or similar.

If you plug "YCC-339" into the Buyers Guide, you'll see it fits all 04-06 F150s.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: AC Compressor Confusion..