2004 - 2008 F-150

Leaking power slide rear window

Old 10-08-2015, 11:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leaking power slide rear window

After the massive amounts of rain the last few days here in NC I got in my truck Monday morning and smelled moisture. I did the soap and water with the AC on high deal and found my 3rd brake light did have a small leak in it... again. I already fixed it once, or so I thought. While I was at it I sprayed my rear window and found that both sides of my power slide rear window was leaking as well. I've searched on here but can't find directions on how to fix it. Can somebody point me in the right direction please? Pictures would be a big help as well. I have a 2007 FX4 crew cab. Thank you!

Old 10-08-2015, 06:15 PM
I believe that the back windows are installed with butyl tape...I would suggest getting a roll from a glass shop, and R&I the back window with the new tape...that is if the leaks are coming from between the window and the body...

There is probably a ton of bolts holding it in also...the butyl should come off of the window frame pretty easy...just make a small ball of butyl, then stick it to the butyl on the window then jerk it straight up...don't get the butyl hot...it will smear...

3M adhesive remover used to work good for removing the little bits that don't come off...

This is of course if the window is installed the same way it was in my 02...
FWIW...

Old 10-08-2015, 06:19 PM
I'm sure the leak is actually where the sliding window meets up with the frame. I might try to take some pics this weekend of where the soap is bubbling up at. Maybe that'll help?

Old 01-28-2016, 09:01 PM
Did you ever figure out your leaky rear sliding window? Mine is now leaking and it definitely is leaking between the center sliding window and the passenger side window.

Old 01-29-2016, 01:33 AM
No, I still haven't figured it out. Nobody seems to have any ideas. Mine is leaking in the same place as yours. Unfortunately I can't do anything about it now. I'm deployed over seas for the next 6 to 7 months. Hopefully it doesn't get too bad while I'm gone. I re-sealed the 3rd brake light and that seemed to help some but didn't fix the complete problem. Let me know if you figure something out and I'll do the same.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:28 AM
I dug around on fordparts.com and found the seal kit for the sliding window. Also, note that the power sliding window and manual sliding window use the same kit. Here is a link to what I found for my 2004:
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=F-150

If that doesn't work the part number is: 42052

Downside is that it is $100! Seems kind of steep to me, but it is what it is and you do not want water on the inside of your truck! From here, it is personal preference of how you want to fix it, but I know I will be putting new seals around my sliding window. Haven't decided if I will do it or if my mechanic will do it.

Old 01-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Looks like that's replacement seal for the endeavor glass to me. I wonder if you couldn't justice seal for around the slider? Let me know what you end up doing so I can look into it when I get back state side,

Old 01-29-2016, 04:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is leaking in the exact same spot, haven't found a fix for it yet. I wish there was an alternative to that whole seal kit.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:48 PM
I just finished replacing my bottom weatherstrip seal and posted my process on 150forum:
http://www.f150forum.com/f4/2006-f15...3/#post4588856

Appears that whatever credentials you have here work for f150forum.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leaking power slide rear window