2004 - 2008 F-150

2004 F150 SuperCrew wirless keypad help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 F150 SuperCrew wirless keypad help

First question the picture I inserted is the body secure module behind the back seat. Is the 95236 the factory code I need to work the wireless keypad?

If so I put a new battery in the keypad and it lights up now but I have tried to program it with the key fobs using that code and have had no luck with it working.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be the problem?
Thank you so much for any help!
wtmjr

Body Secure Module behind back seat.

Last edited by wtmjr36; 04-20-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:04 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
wtmjr36, Hi - glad to have you with us.

First of all, I don't think there is anything "wireless" about the keypad on your truck's door. I have a 2005 King Ranch, and if I want to open the door with the keypad, I have to press the buttons to enter the code. The code for my truck is a 5-digit code, so I suspect the numbers you found on the module behind the rear seat is indeed the factory setting.

Now, there IS a way to set an additional entry code of your choosing, in addition to the factory code, and the procedure is in the Owner's Manual. Is that what you are trying to do? I don't have my Owner's Manual handy, so I can't recall how that is done, but it MAY involve using the key fob(s) too.

Personally, I would advise against creating a new code of your own design. Since the factory code remains active, by adding a new entry code, you just make it more likely that someone trying random numbers will hit a valid "open code". And, the keypad system is not particularly secure anyway, in my opinion. As I recall, you have to press something like 31 incorrect digits in a row before the timed lockout occurs and if you get lucky and enter the correct 5-digit sequence anywhere in that 31-digit sequence, the door unlocks! The lockout only lasts a short time too - something like a minute or maybe 5 minutes, (I've forgotten which, but it's not very long) so a determined bad guy has many opportunities to gain entry.

I have the "open code" written on a piece of paper I carry in my wallet (unlabeled, so it's not obvious what it's for) if I lose my key fob, key, and have a memory lapse. So far, I've had no trouble remembering it, even though I rarely use it.

If your understanding of the system is different than mine, please post again and I'll try to research it better.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 04-20-2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:08 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Are you asking about the keypad built into the door handle or is it a stick-on? The stick-on is wireless. The function entirely different.

Old 04-20-2015, 09:30 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Are you asking about the keypad built into the door handle or is it a stick-on? The stick-on is wireless. The function entirely different.
Cool! I was not aware there WAS a stick-on keypad. You keep teaching this old dog new tricks, Jim. I suppose it simply duplicates the function of the key fobs and somehow, you program it to duplicate the signals they send?

- Jack

Old 04-20-2015, 09:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Dealers sell them for about $100. They use the same frequency as the key fob and can be stuck anywhere on the truck. I had one on my 05, right above the door handle. They have a battery that lasts about 5 years.

Old 04-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Yes it is the stick on keypad.

Old 04-27-2015, 02:23 PM
bump

Quick Reply: 2004 F150 SuperCrew wirless keypad help