2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F150 CC drivers door latch cable

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2015, 04:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 F150 CC drivers door latch cable

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to find some help here. My drivers Side front door latch cable is broken at the interior door latch. I can't seem to find just a replacement cable only an assembly including the door latches and the cable. Of course, these seem to be only available through Ford and cost nearly $400 from my local dealer. Is there a kit available to repair the cable like some of the older models have or is it replacement only? I have a very poor selection of junkyards available in my area so that's not really an option short of looking online. If I have to I'll spend $400 to have an operational door but surely there has to be another option?

Thanks for any help

Old 01-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JKinaround
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping to find some help here. My drivers Side front door latch cable is broken at the interior door latch. I can't seem to find just a replacement cable only an assembly including the door latches and the cable. Of course, these seem to be only available through Ford and cost nearly $400 from my local dealer. Is there a kit available to repair the cable like some of the older models have or is it replacement only? I have a very poor selection of junkyards available in my area so that's not really an option short of looking online. If I have to I'll spend $400 to have an operational door but surely there has to be another option?

Thanks for any help

Hey.

FordParts lists that assembly for ~$250. Doesn't look like that cable comes separate.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/Pa...rd&model=F-150

Contact http://www.tascaparts.com/ with yer VIN and see if they'll beat that price.

We have a nice friendly Tasca rep on here - handle is 'Tasca Ford Parts' - name o' Steve.

good luck

MGD

Quick Reply: 2005 F150 CC drivers door latch cable