2004 - 2008 F-150

phaser delete kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 10:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
phaser delete kits

ok i have searched and cant find what I am looking for . I was told that if I change phasers I will have the same ticking noise back in no time at all . I was told to put in the phaser delete kit and it will shut up the ingine, has anybody got any info on this matter , and what if any will it do to my engine.

Old 01-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by shaddysfx4
ok i have searched and cant find what I am looking for . I was told that if I change phasers I will have the same ticking noise back in no time at all . I was told to put in the phaser delete kit and it will shut up the ingine, has anybody got any info on this matter , and what if any will it do to my engine.
Ye Asks and ME shall Search

https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...light=lockouts

https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...light=lockouts

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...light=lockouts

https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...light=lockouts

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...-%26-Lockouts/

good luck!

Old 01-23-2015, 10:55 AM
thanks I will look at those posts

Old 01-23-2015, 11:02 AM
thanks I will look at those posts
Yer welcome.

Note that, when you do process that info you'll find that these lockouts/limiters are only designed to PREVENT noises from occurring in a currently SILENT engine.

IF you already possess a 'Diesel 3v', these will not help, as the clatter is exacerbated / likely the result of issues with the rest of the VCT system / cam timing components ( chains, guides, tensioners, solenoids, solenoid valve bodies, oil pressure issues, sludge, clogged screens, and so on ). Not to mention, compromised phasers themselves.

In other words - not a bandaid. The root cause(s) need to be addressed first or you'll simply be wasting yer money.

Similarly - IF you replace JUST the phasers, and don't replace all the other associated components, you will again be wasting yer money.

By replacing the complete timing system components suite with the most recent updated revisions (NO Dorman components), ensuring yer engine isn't sludged, using the correct oil weight and filter, it's likely you'll not need to revisit this for some time - but there are still no guarantees. That would be the point at which you'd lock out / limit the phasers.

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-23-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 AM
well looking at the posts I think I will be buying the lockout kit, only problem I have is no posts on longagivety of this prcedure. dont want to loose a engine in a matter of a few thousand miles.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:35 AM
well looking at the posts I think I will be buying the lockout kit, only problem I have is no posts on longagivety of this prcedure. dont want to loose a engine in a matter of a few thousand miles.
I updated my posts.

Locking out/limiting phaser motion - on a HEALTHY engine - will not affect longevity - indeed, it should promote it ( from a valvetrian timing perspective ).

There is a lot more to an engine than just the valvetrain that can affect engine life if neglected ( e.g misfires being a big one ).

The Triton is a stout, long-living motor if you treat it right and maintain it properly.

BTW - keep in mind that these procedures WILL affect engine power slightly.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 01-23-2015 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 09:23 AM
engine power is what I was thinking and gas mileage. The guys at my Ford place said the new updated versions of the phasers would take care of my problem they have not had any redoes on the phasers it is going to cost me just hope it doesent come back in a few thousend miles I would like to keep this truck for a long time maybe 10 more years. 2004 with 108000 so 10 more years maybe 2000000 sounds good, by reading posts I maybe going back to the motorcraft oil instead of moble one that could have caused some of the problem not saying moble one is not good but is it right for my truck.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:35 AM
engine power is what I was thinking and gas mileage. The guys at my Ford place said the new updated versions of the phasers would take care of my problem they have not had any redoes on the phasers it is going to cost me just hope it doesent come back in a few thousend miles I would like to keep this truck for a long time maybe 10 more years. 2004 with 108000 so 10 more years maybe 2000000 sounds good, by reading posts I maybe going back to the motorcraft oil instead of moble one that could have caused some of the problem not saying moble one is not good but is it right for my truck.
Well, the money you would have saved by staying with MC semi-synth would have gone a long way towards paying fer new phasers. M1 did you no favours.

Again - you didn't mention the guides, tensioners, chains, solenoids, etc.

Without also changing all of that, it's unlikely you'll reach yer mileage goal.

Old 01-25-2015, 08:55 AM
Yes I will be replacing all those things and lash adjusters and looking at the lifters as well

Quick Reply: phaser delete kits