2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone Familiar with Detroit Axel?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 03:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone Familiar with Detroit Axel?

Long story short, took the truck in for service for left front hub actuator randomly engaging. While the truck was their, they determined a few other items could stand replacing

1. Left front actuator. Going to buy the Dorman product as it seems to get favorable reviews

2. Right wheel hub/bearing, there was some noise detected. Figured since I'll already have the left side apart for the hub actuator, might as well replace the wheel/hub bearing assembly that side too.

Been shopping for decent prices. OEM about gave me heart attack. Should be no surprise there. While looking, I came across Detroit Axle. They're about 10mi from my work and was curious if anyone has any experiences with them? I did call them about their products. Their wheel/hub assemblies are re-manufactured in Ferndale, MI, but their parts originate from one of two plants in China. One plant they own & control, the other they just have a business contract with. But it comes with a standard 1yr warranty against defects. The price of course is what attracted me $64 shipped, from Amazon, but Detroit Axle is the supplier.

Thoughts?

Old 12-17-2014, 09:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just ordered hub and wheel bearings for my 2004 f150 on eBay. It was a toss up between Detroit axel and am auto parts in Kansas. I opted for am auto parts as they offered a 2 year warranty compared to Detroit axel. I have yet to receive them as I only ordered them the other day. I also ordered lower ball joints, inner and outer tierod ends, upper control arms and sway bar links for $190 off eBay from yumuri-auto parts. I am doing both sides for the price and the piece of mind I'll have of a new front end. I hope to install everything after Christmas and then have it aligned before New Years. I'll let ya know how it works out.

Old 04-23-2016, 02:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

I just got my DA bearing hubs. A lot of people buy em and not to many complaints. The head guy seems honest on other forums. I've had good luck with China crap lately. I got the cheapest actuators and they work fine.

Quick Reply: Anyone Familiar with Detroit Axel?